Universal Solar Inverter over Modbus RS485 / TCP custom_component (Growatt, Sofar, SolaX, Solis)

Hello.

Unfortunately I didn’t find anything in settings/system/logs… it’s empty. However, I found some entries directly in the home-assistant.log file. Please are the lines in red the actual write to the device? Thank you very much.

Here is my log (settings/system/log). There is only this and nothing more (after pressing the button).

The HA freeze comes after switching to supervisor in the upper right corner.

yes, these are write actions on solax register 103 and 97
Register 103 (0x67) is BackupDischargeMinSoC
Register 97 (0x61) is SelfUseDischargeMinSoc

Hope this helps

PS: no idea why your show full log button down the page does not show this. Loading the full logs can take some time …

@Vodny86

I just want to reiterate that our Integration does not make any changes to your Inverter by itself.

Good day.

I’m sure you’re right. I just needed to rule out that possibility. I suspect the company that installed the solar power plant. I believe they are playing with it (it is a young company and maybe they are seeing how it works).

Good day.

very useful. Thank you.

Maybe yes. However, I believe I have a problem with the SSD drive. Specifically, UAS
very similar behavior is described here

If that’s the case remove the Pocket WiFi and chuck it in the bin!

1 Like

Yes, I intend to disconnect the wi-fi module when the installation of the device is complete. We are still not done with the installation of the power plant. That’s why I’m watching the changelog in your integration. It is very useful in this regard.

Hi, I have Solax X3 (3rd generation) integrated into Home Assistant. 61 sensors seem to be unavailable. But the sensors are loading the data, I can see them. but I can’t change the parameters (I’m talking about the settings to change mods and times). I’m pretty sure this has worked recently. Now only reading works. As soon as I change a parameter via the Solax App, it changes immediately (within 1 sec) on the HA panel. I have obviously deleted and restored the inegration several times since then, but I don’t know when this part of the sensors stopped working. Do you know what I have wrong? Are these sensors working for you? Thanks a lot for the advice.

How did you install this? Through HACS, cloning the GitHub registry or downloading a release?

Hello wills106,

Can you help me resolve my problem ? Iam install RS485/Ethernet for my Inverter Solax X3 Gen4 HT34 but I dont implemation Solax Modbus into my HA. Can you help me ? In my log is this error

cannot find serial number, even not for MIC
20:42:55 – (CHYBA) SolaX Inverter Modbus (vlastní integrace)

unrecognized inverter type - serial number : unknown
20:42:55 – (CHYBA) SolaX Inverter Modbus (vlastní integrace)

Thank you very much for your help

If you look in your extended logs, do you see “unrecognized inverter type - serial number : HT34xxx”

Edit: You don’t need to share your full serial number, I just need confirmation it’s reading it.

I only see this “unrecognized inverter type - serial number : unknown” and my RS485/ethernet show me comunication only on Rx … Tx is 0bytes…

Have you tried swapping wires between Pin 4 & 5 as the Waveshare isn’t talking to the Inverter by the looks of it.

Ok in sunday I will try… Thak you

Hello, I try change Pin position between 4 and 5 and situation same. In log in these

Logger: custom_components.solax_modbus
Source: custom_components/solax_modbus/init.py:95
Integration: SolaX Inverter Modbus (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 12:10:01 (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 17:39:55

cannot find serial number, even not for MIC

2)Tato chyba pochází z vlastní integrace.

Logger: custom_components.solax_modbus
Source: custom_components/solax_modbus/init.py:132
Integration: SolaX Inverter Modbus (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 12:10:01 (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 17:39:55

unrecognized inverter type - serial number : unknown

What baudrate are you using? Try a lower one, like 9600 baud.

I have in MODBUS into the Solax inverter 19200 and on my RS485/eth I set same 19200…

Can you explain how the Waveshare LEDs behave? See our wiki page: installation notes:

• if all is well, the PWR LED should be red, the LINK LED should initially be green and become permanently blue as soon as HA has made the connection. The ACT LED should be off most of the time but should flash green (send) and blue (receive) briefly every 15 seconds (the default polling interval). From the waveshare documentation:
  1. If the Link light is not green, the network cable is not connected properly, please check the network cable.
  2. If the Link light is not blue (only consider the TCP working mode), the host computer software does not have a serial port The server establishes a connection, please consider whether the IP address is configured in the same network segment.
  3. If the Active light is green, it means that the network port is sending data, but there is no serial device returning data. Please check whether the baud rate is configured properly and whether the RS485 positive and negative are connected reversely

I try but I have this type Rs485 To Eth Rs485 To Ethernet Module Bidirectional Transparent Transmission Of Data Between Rs485 And Rj45 Network Ports - Replacement Parts - AliExpress

but this type without LED :frowning: Only what I see on Web setting is

TX Count/RX Count:0/ 192 bytes