Unkown tuya chip

Well, I managed to tasmotize the ones that weren’t ms-104. Once the chip and firmware were changed, it worked the first time.
The MS-104 I have not been able to make them work. Neither with pulses, nor anything… :frowning:

You do not need to replace the chips anymore. You can use https://github.com/openshwprojects/OpenBK7231T_App to OpenBekenize the new WB3S, WB2S, WB2L, etc chips. The flashing of the new chip as easy as using Tasmota on ESP chips. I have done this for an AU Deta Smart Double Power Point 6922HA. https://www.elektroda.com/rtvforum/viewtopic.php?p=20087146#20087146

3 Likes

Manual for what?

Very nice!

I’ve just bought the same module. Instead of transplanting an ESP module, I flashed the original WB2S module with OpenBK7231T.

What annoys me is that when I operate the switch, it takes some time for the module to receive the pulse. Does it happen with yours, too?

No. Mine is pretty instantaneous

1 Like

I wrote up a guide on how to flash the new Tuya DETA Smart Swithces with OpenBK7231T firmware.

3 Likes

The delay happens with Moes MS-104B. I assume you’ve tested with other hardware, not MS-104B. Am I correct? It seems to be something related to this model.

Congrats on writing the guide. OpenBK7231T seems to be a promising project.

For the Skydance S1-B(WT) 1CH*1.5A WiFi-RF+Push AC Phase-cut Dimmer S1-B(WT)

I managed to get this working with both tasmota and esphome, DOIT ESP02 or TYWE2S TYWE2S Replacement Module (ESP-02S) Configuration for Tasmota modules work fine but WT32C3-01N Module (WT32C3-01N) Wireless Tag WT32C3-01N Module (WT32C3-01N) Configuration for Tasmota does not work, the serial communication like never happens.

the uart needs to be set as follows in esphome yaml: -

uart:
  rx_pin: RX
  tx_pin: TX
  baud_rate: 115200
  stop_bits: 1

in tasmota that would be

SetOption97 1

Datapoints are configured as follows: -

light:
  - platform: "tuya"
    name: "${friendly_name}"
    dimmer_datapoint: 22
    switch_datapoint: 20
    min_value: 25
    max_value: 1000

or

Backlog TuyaMCU 11,20; TuyaMCU 21,22; DimmerRange 25,1000

for tasmota,

The issues I have are, if operated from either the RF remote or AC Push button. the statuses will not update, they update fine using the tuya integration and original firmware.

Anybody have any idea how I could track the dimmer commands from RF or AC Push button I have an isolated TTL adaptor and an untouched original firmware dimmer module with the TX and RX traces soldered to wires for sniffing?

2 Likes

I just bought an AOFO 4AC+4USB Tuya Power Strip from Amazon

Opening the power strip I found that a Tuya custom CB2S ESP is built in instead of the expected TYWE2S (ESP02S), which apparently comes without the GPIO needed for the boot options. Has someone found in the meantime a way to flash this chip with ESP Home using an UART/USB Adapter, or is it still required to replace it with an ESP02S?

Especially as I did not find a ESP02S on Aliexpress shipping to Germany…

Not esphome, you’ll need to replace with esp
But you can still flash with openbkt on the bk7231n (cb2s)

What is openbkt? Do you have any instructions? If it will get me local control i. Home Assistant, I am willing to give it a try.

Read about 10 posts above. There is even a tutorial.

Thanks for the hint.
Using the Beken Writer V1.60 I opend/browsed for the OpenBK7231N_QIO_1.12.1.bin file I downloaded.
On the power strip’s CB2S I soldered some pinned cables to

• GND
  • 3.3V
  • RX and
  • TX

according to the datasheet of the CB2S and connected them to my USB to TTL connector with RX and TX crossed over. At this point a red LED on the power strips PCB started flashing.
Following I pressed “Programm” and connected CEN pin on the CB2S briefly to GND, but the tool did not establish a connection.

Am I missing anything?

@T1ppes for me, it takes several tries with CEN resetting to get bkWriter or hid_download_py to work. It’s tricky, you have to connect CEN to gnd for a certain amount of time, I don’t know, half a second.
I mostly just reboot device with power line instead of using CEN.

For OpenBeken information, see: https://www.elektroda.com/rtvforum/viewtopic.php?p=20119492#20119492
I reply there faster.

Some new information: OpenBeken is now multiplatform and supports also W800/W801 platform with OTA.
So, to sum up, it works on BK7231T, BK7231N, XR809, BL602, and W801/W800 (also on T34 which is just a Beken die in extra casing)

Has anyone already tried the “openbk7231T_App” with Moes MS-104?
After changing the UART converter I have managed to flash. But I have only managed to configure the relay by configuring it on pin24. The switch, I still haven’t managed to make it work…
Would anyone know anything else?

Don’t complicate yourself more… I bought another 340G UART adapter.
It is already installed and working! :smiley:
Now the only thing left for me to solve is that if it restarts it maintains the state. That takes a couple of nights appearing lights on!
another thing i have checked is that the relay is configured as inverted.
So when on screen is On. It really is off.
Any way to reverse this?

yes, you can change in pin configuration “Relay” to “Relay_n”. You can also take a look at YAML because older versions used to invert payload_on and payload_off if I remember correctly.

Btw, OpenBeken update - now, previously mentioned, W800 tutorial/article is released (with OTA). Again, flashable by UART.
W800/W801 by Winner Micro, here is photo:

It’s a device sometimes found in LED controllers, maybe somewhere else as well…
https://www.elektroda.com/rtvforum/topic3905652.html

1 Like

I don’t get any luck to flash the openbeken software to the chip as is. So I am willing to replace the ESP with a ESP02S, but cannot find any on AliExpress that deliver to Germany. Any suggestions on where to find this chip?

Still not working even with hid python tool?

Just a cross reference. EAMPDW-TY-63 wifi chip replacement