Unkown tuya chip

I have this MOES switch with the same chip.

Did you manage to make the change of the chip?

@gmarquezp yes, I have successfully converter Tuya LoraTap 2 Gang WB2S to ESP-12F. I have not managed to put it together yet, but all works great.

edit: I have not tested these red and blue LEDs yet! I don’t really need them and less wires. :slight_smile:

edit2: LEDs working also!

2 Likes

Just in case someone like me is looking for a device that switches with mais, I suggest the Loratap SC500W. Even thought it is initially intended for shutters. It will work just as @stosoorok’s device. But it already comes with an esp device. They now even have a esp category on their Aliexpress store which lists the devices that comes with it. Hope this info helps someone.

Thanks @51Acorsi! Looks like it has new 2nd version, if I select “ESP8285 inside” it’s still there, so this must be with ESP chip also.

Yes, that is the one I have. 2nd generation. I have currently 10 at home working for more than a month with zero issues. Esphome as firmware.

My WB2S to ESP-12F swap is done now. I changed couple of GPIO-s for more compact wiring.

1 Like

barely fits! excellent work!

Didn’t knew if you came any further but wanted to share my knowledge. You can actually pry the silicon a little bit and remove the top pcb. It’s been held by a little silicon on the edges and the 6 connector header. Just be careful with the pins, they bend easily. You can furthermore remove the chip inside with a solderstation. There are only 5 pins (if I remind that correctly) soldered to the pcb. It’s a pain to remove it, but once removed, just wire up a esp board to their corrosponding pins.

Hope this helped.

1 Like

i just bought 10 on this to convert my light of the house i tried tuya converter trying to to flash with tasmota guess what i hade 10 uselles pieces of hardware i don´t ave the knowledge to gange the chip o 10 of this devices i should go to shelly 2.5 :frowning:

This is a different chip than what is originally being discussed in this thread. What you show is a TYWE2S. What this thread is about is called a WA2. They look to have the same form factor though, so maybe it’s just a different label?

The Tywe2s is actually an esp :slight_smile:

My module is labeled MS-104 on the box. Chip is labeled Model: WA2, P/N 2.22.29.00001.

Main PCB is labeled Dz1WF1MdM V1.1 and the daughter board that holds the chip and relay is labeled Dz1WF1MdS V1.1. The left side of the daughter board has the 2 terminal for switching the relay’s 5v coil, and what appears to be an unpoppulated R13 and D5 (likely to be a LED that tells you when the coil is energized.
Pinout is 5 pins that I can see with labels hidden by the PCB. I cannot see the other side.

Images for reference:

Thanks for this. I’m going to try this today with two of my WB2L devices.

You’re welcome :smiley: . Let us know the end result, if you plan on doing this any time soon

4USD? This is insane. :slight_smile: Would’ve bought a couple myself. But swapping the modules is time consuming, so one has to add that to the cost…

Looks exactly like the ones I just modded. See Roger’s how to and his add-on reply (rule1 not req’d any more).

Tight fit, barely closing:

edit: this new-user-3reply-single-img restriction is ludicrous.

1 Like

I’ve converted new moes WiFi+RF switch module to tasmota.

It has a WB2S chip. I think it’s a new version of WA2. I’ve changed it with an ESP01
I’ve upload my work here:

English is not my native language, I hope It is be readable by anyone.
5 Likes

good work on the pdf. i wonder if the tywe2s can work as a drop in replacement.

1 Like

I see both modules are physically compatibles, so if you have a TYWE2S with Tasmota the template must work. But is TYWE2S cheaper and easy to buy than ESP?

Another device from ali with BK7231U… EnwYe Smart GU10

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/4000300642135.html

Modele ZZ-S15181