Unkown tuya chip

Hi @ster1um,
Unfortunately no good news yet on this build of RTTOS for WB2S. The build seems to get stuck between the functions “finsh_system_init” and “finsh_set_echo”. At this point i need help from somebody with more RTTOS knowledge than me (or even C). :smiley:
If you’re interested I can send you instructions how to get it built and maybe you can find a workaround or the cause. :slight_smile:

@mihsu81 Did you see this thread, where somebody was able to flash a tuya WB2S with a custom home assistant / mqtt compatible firmware:

https://www.elektroda.com/rtvforum/topic3806769.html
(scroll all the way down)

Hi @nx10,

Yes, I’ve posted on that forum some of my findings, inspired by p.kaczmarek2.
The repo from tuya for the bk7231t needs to be heavily modified before we can use it as a daily driver.
What p.kaczmarek2 achieved is more of a proof of concept. Hopefully he’ll manage to progress further, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

I’ve just trasplanted a DMP-L1 into a Brilliant RGBW LED light (model: 20698) that had a WBL2 and have Tasmota on it, but I’m struggling to get the light working correctly. I used the template in your link but my controls are a bit off.

Toggle works to turn the light ON/OFF
The top slider changes the LED’s between Blue and Green
Combinations of the middle two sliders seem to change both the RGB LED’s red brightness and the colour temp of the white LED’s
The bottom slider changes the white LED brightness

Any tips on how to get this configured correctly?

Where did you get your DMP-L1 module from ??

Gaz

That template is when you use the module’s pinouts as labelled, your device might have it different.

Follow Configure Unknown Device - Tasmota to find out yours

Thanks for putting me in the right direction, unfortunately I’ve now come to another road block.

I used the sample template to find the outputs and determined that ‘relay’ 1 = Green LED’s, 2= Red, 3= white and 4= blue but don’t understand the instructions:

Once you have found which GPIOs control the relays and LEDs, set these “active” GPIO to associate them with the corresponding Relay<x> , LED<x> , or LEDLink or PWM<x> (Some may require the use of inverted (i.e., Relay<x>i /LED<x>i /LEDLinki ) component). Bulbs have mainly PWM .

How do I ‘convert’ the above findings to PWM outputs on the correct GPIO’s and turn them all into a RGBW light? As described here I think I need to assign the GPIO’s as PMW1, 2 , 3 and 4 using codes 416, 417, 418 and 419 but I can’t work out quite how or where to do this from my current config

https://tasmota.github.io/docs/Lights/#channel-controlled-lights

Hi @daniel6 , I’m considering to do a transplant for this wall switch (WB3S)
I keep getting random wifi disconnection that it’s become an annoyance each time I have to pair it.

How to determine if i need capacitor for the pins?

A new project https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic3850712.html

Send all your extra transplant leftovers to him!

Currently I was needed to reverse engineering Moes 104 motherboard (more on that in near future - stay tuned :wink: ).
BUT!!
I have good news for all who has Moes 104(B) WiFi+RF with transplanted ESP - RF communication actually works like a charm :slight_smile: Just follow original Moes manual for pairing :slight_smile: (tested on Sonoff RF Bridge)

hello, I bought two smartplug bsd33 on aliexpress, inside I found the cb2s module and not the wb2s as in your case I wanted to know if it is possible to transplant the module and if so where can I buy it? In case you can do the module is already operational with tasmota?
I am attaching a photo of the wifi module

It is pin compatible so it should work. I can sell you a few modules, send me a private message if you want.

ok perfect thank you, I would be willing to buy them the only thing I don’t see the possibility of sending private messages maybe because I’m new my account is limited

Hello, how to start flashing this module? WT-01N Im trying with no luck. If its really pin compatible with WB2S it should work in smart plug but i cannot flash and load Tasmota to this module

Same as any other ESP chip. Connect Rx,Tx, GND and 3V3 to your USB adapter. GPIO0 to GND and flash to your content

Thanks, looks im one step further,
Propably problem was I tried to program a chip soldered to the socket… Now esptool recognize device as ESP8285, gives me MAC and writes some data to chip but after that nothing, no wireless network etc.
Ive try with Tasmotizer send wifi config and gives me OK 52bytes send but again device not connecting to my wifi etc - should be connected somethin more to 3,3?

Hello,
I’ve bought Ledvance LED donut which you all know is tuya based.
Internally I’ve found WB2L controller, attached some images. The lamp is only White/Yellow as you can see only two PWM pins are soldered.
Could you please help me which is the most suitable controller for direct replacement and after that flashing Tasmota. I found some messages above for ESP8285 and TW-02, but I’m little confused, because the projects described are RGBW

You can replace it with a TYWE2L or DT-Light ESP8285 Lighting Module (DMP-L1) Configuration for Tasmota

RBG or CT does not matter for the module choice, you set the colors in the firmware