Unkown tuya chip

please read the description carefully and retract your “recommendation”

yeah the title was misleading, i just cought it…
it’s still a drop-in replacement though…

replacement without firmware… ok…

some people write their own firmware

Can you please post a link to an example of firmware for W600 so people will know where to look when writing their own?

google: “w600 micropython” there’s alot of information…

1 Like

And how easy is this vs something which runs Tasmota or ESPhome…

I have. There is an awful lot of info about a board called the w600-pico having micropython on board.

But nothing about how one would do about installing micropython onto the board you are referring to.

haven’t tried it but i found the firmware that should work, since it’s off topic, i will open a new thread and we will discuss it there.

Replaced the WB2S with TYWE2S without much effort (fits perfectly), flashed tasmota and configured it using the Athom template. Athom 16A Power Monitoring Plug PG01EU16A Configuration for Tasmota (blakadder.com). Working really well for the past month.

1 Like

I managed to compile an RTTOS repo from gitee ( silan-wireless/bk7231_rtt_sdk (gitee.com)) and flash it with some modifications which i can explain if anybody is interested. This distribution has a lot of pottential since there are MQTT and webserver applications available.
But unfortunately after boot and initialization all threads get suspended, including tshell (finsh) and main.
If anybody has some FreeRTOS or RT Thread OS knowledge I’d be really grateful for some guidance or help.
Sorry for kind of hijacking the thread. :slight_smile:

Hi, I did manage to replace the WR3E chip with a ESP 12F flashed with Tasmota-IR 9.5.0 and the IR Blaster booted up just fine but and I can access Tasmota on it’s IP but I’m not sure how to approach further and make it work. These IR Blasters are being marketed as FK-UFO-R6 with Temperature and Humidity Sensor.

Here are some images -

41cVO0ol6CL

Previously I did a replacement of WB3S in an IR-Blaster, UFO-R1, which went very smoothly and it’s working great!

Maybe this helps Avatto Temperature and Humidity Sensor and IR Controller (S08Pro) Configuration for Tasmota

1 Like

Hey, thanks!, it’s the first place I head over to and that’s what I tried to follow but the hardware is quite different.
Couldn’t find SCL and SDA pins.
AHT10 temperature/humidity sensor is same on both of them though.
Also have to look for how to compile Tasmota-IR.bin with AHT1x driver, couldn’t find a guide for that.

The principle is the same. You can try reading the MCU with TuyaMCU configuration first if you’re not up to HW modifying to directly access the i2c lines

1 Like

When it rains, it pours. There’s now an ESP32-C3 module pin compatible with TYWE2S, WB2S and the like - Wireless Tag WT32C3-01N Module (WT32C3-01N) Configuration for Tasmota . Good ofr any PWM controlled device due to hardware PWM control on the C3

3 Likes

Hello,

Is there a suitable replacement for the WB2L? All comments seem to refer to WB2S.

Thank you for your time.

Yes there is DT-Light ESP8285 Lighting Module (DMP-L1) Configuration for Tasmota

Thank you for the fast response, unfortunately I can not find a listing with reasonable shipping price to my country. It’s multiple times the price of the bulb I am trying to mod. Is there by any chance another module I can use?

you have any news for this hack?