Unkown tuya chip

(cont…)

Inside, it looks like this:

(cont…)

First step is to remove the Beken module. I cut off the front of the module, where the contacts are, close to the card, using a Dremel kind of tool:

(and great again… cannot post more than this…
well @admin, I think I will keep the rest of the story for myself, sorry)

Please post the rest.

1 Like

Please, publish your job at Tasmota Template page. https://templates.blakadder.com/

1 Like

Send me the images and the text and I’ll format it and put it on the MS-104-B page.

3 Likes

@raeppli since I have 2 modules like yours (single relay and external switch input), it would be great if you could post GPIO connections and template.
Many thanks.
Christian

I have this bulb https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000135882272.html , it seems to be non-esp chip, mac address starts with 28:6d:dc (Beijing Winner Microelectronics Co.,Ltd.)

Inside, it’s sealed with silicone

I proposed the changes as md to github now

@christian-0s Once blackadder updates this on the template page for MS-104 you will see the instructions - I hope.

2 Likes

I have a similar switch and will use an ESP-M3 module to replace the WA2 module in there.

A while back I hacked a shutter controller that had the old Tuya module and in order to made the buzzer work I added a patch to Tasmota to allow using the buzzer command with the PWM1 output. My branch is here:

For those who want to see how I did it (I think it is rather detailed), here a link:

Note it will likely take you 0.5 - 1h per module to program, modify, test it.
It took me about 30’ average and I had 20 modules to optimize the process.

9 Likes

Hi everybody,

Great info over here!
Having a great experience with an unbranded WiFi dimmer very easily converted to Tasmota with Tuya Convert OTA, I bought quite a few ($3.99 at that time) of these Moes MS-101 WiFi switches: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33000281995.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dwm3yT2
To my surprise, I discovered that WA2 module inside is a different thing than our ESP8266, and found this thread.
I was able to follow the instructions above, steps were:

1. I uploaded Tasmota on a NodeMCU
  2. I stripped the ESP8266/ESP12 module from the board - not the easiest thing to do, I used a soldering iron, precision knife and in the end forced it a little :smiley:
  3. Unsoldered WA2 module off MS-101 board, this was quite easy
  4. Identified the VCC (3.3V) and GND pins on the WA2 module
  5. Tested all PWM pins on the MS-101 board by connecting them one by one to VCC, until relay is triggered - you can hear it clicking
  6. I did not pursue connecting the LED and switch to our ESP12 module, left them for later
  7. I made the wiring needed to enable ESP to boot, and connected VCC, GND and relay wires
  8. On powering on the board, ESP connected to my WiFi, all good

If someboody needs additional info on the procedure, just let me know and I can upload more details / wiring / specific photos. Thanks everybody for the details over here.

2 Likes

I’ve done a module replacement on a completely unknown module/chip

Small tip mentioned in the article:

To anyone without a heat gun, here’s a quick and dirty way to remove a wifi module from the board:

1 Like

Another Tuya chip not compatible with Tasmota I bought recently off Ali: WB2S

I’m planning “organ transplant” with ESP-12F, can anyone confirm this pinout:

WB2S pinout:

Wel… small fix: Using : {“NAME”:“Moes MS-104”,“GPIO”:[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,21,17,0,0,0],“FLAG”:0,“BASE”:1} instead you will not need the rule1 anymore, and switching will be faster (as fast as it can be - “it is what it is”)

I have this MOES switch with the same chip.

Did you manage to make the change of the chip?

@gmarquezp yes, I have successfully converter Tuya LoraTap 2 Gang WB2S to ESP-12F. I have not managed to put it together yet, but all works great.

edit: I have not tested these red and blue LEDs yet! I don’t really need them and less wires. :slight_smile:

edit2: LEDs working also!

2 Likes

Just in case someone like me is looking for a device that switches with mais, I suggest the Loratap SC500W. Even thought it is initially intended for shutters. It will work just as @stosoorok’s device. But it already comes with an esp device. They now even have a esp category on their Aliexpress store which lists the devices that comes with it. Hope this info helps someone.

Thanks @51Acorsi! Looks like it has new 2nd version, if I select “ESP8285 inside” it’s still there, so this must be with ESP chip also.

Yes, that is the one I have. 2nd generation. I have currently 10 at home working for more than a month with zero issues. Esphome as firmware.