Update 2022.3.3 (Indirectly) Caused my Smartthings Integration to Blow Up

This happened to me last week when I attempted to update the system to 2022.3.3. The error I got was “Your installation is running in an unhealthy state.” The issue with the 2022.3.3 update was documented here:

and here:

In an attempt to troubleshoot I thought the prudent thing to do a full restore of a Google backup from 3 days prior. Everything loaded properly except for the Smartthings integration.

After the 2022.3.3 issues were resolved I tried installing it (and 2022.3.4) but the Smartthings integration is still unavailable with the following errors:

Error setting up entry Home for smartthings

March 12, 2022, 1:05:22 PM – (ERROR) components/smartthings/__init__.py

Error processing webhook 

This whole issue was pretty frustrating considering I had a simple Home Assistant Blue setup and I took precautions with backups. Now my automations and lovelace UIs are in disarray with all these unavailable devices.

Is my only solution to start over with the Smartthings integration? From what I understand I have to run some sort of javascript to nuke the unavailable devices from my Home Assistant instance. This is going to be a PIA because I’ve created new entities such as grouped shades from Smartthings devices and then programmed those new entities into other platforms such as my Logitech Harmony remote.

Also, can someone explained to me why this happened based on the steps I took?

In case anyone runs into this issue in the future try going into SmartApps section in the Smartthings app and reauthorize it. Once I did that the devices came back to life in Home Assistant. No need to run a JavaScript and re-add the integration.

2 Likes

Thank you - this suggestions saved me so much grief!! I was just about to start removing and reinstalling smartthings!

1 Like

Yesterday I upgraded Hacs to 2.0 and didn’t like it so I restored a full backup of home assistant. This of course broke the Smartthings integration. I went into the Smartthings mobile app on my Samsung phone to reauthorize home assistant and got this error message:

I tried again on an iPhone and it seems to have worked. One thing that the iPhone SmartThings app requested was permission to access devices on my local network. I think this may have been what was required to reauthorize the connection with home assistant.

Just documenting this for my own future troubleshooting and hope it may help anybody else that runs into this issue.