Update state of montion sensor in Imou camera

Hi everyone,
I have Imou camera which is added to Hass via ONVIF. All functions works well, including motion detection. I make an automation to turn on light. The thing is time interval of state update is too long, I try homeassistant.update_entity in SERVICE but nothing. Please give me advice if anyone spent experience like this. Thank you

1 Like

Hi Kevin,

Which Imou model do you have? Thanks!

Hi romann,
My camera model is Ranger 2. I found that due to update status procedure inside HASS to too long, not only Imou, but also other sensor and camera. But I have not idea to adjust scanning time yet.
Thank you for your asking
Best regards

I’m waiting for the same camera to arrive, will follow up on my experience with HASS once I get it

My sensors never update…

1 Like

Same here! Camera Motion detection is never updated.

@Kevintitan. Hi Kevin, I just got the IMOU Ranger 2 camera but have problem to configure it on ONVIF. Would you please share your configuration for it ? Thanks

Sorry about late reply, hope you did it but I still reply, now ONVIF could be added by Integration, you get in Configuration->Integration -> press " +" and search ONVIF. Then you put user admin and default password , even you changed admin password, you must put in default password

Hi Kevin, Thanks for your answer. I tried ONVIF integration and eventually it worked but only part of it. I mean “stream_source: rtsp:// …” was working but "still_image_url: http:// … " was not and I do not know why.
I have deleted the integration and tried again but since I got an error and so I am stuck. For the moment I am using a generic platform which is almost OK. Any idea from you or somebody else would be welcome. This should be straightforward but actually not…

Kevin. How did you add your imou camera to HA?
Only thing that works for me is ffmpeg platform.

• platform: ffmpeg
    name: Bullet Lite
    input: rtsp://admin:password@ipaddress:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

But then I cant get any motion detection in HA, only the video-stream.

Hi Kevin,

Your camera can using PT action by ONVIF platform or not?

Hi Kevin,
Can you please share your config file for your Imou Ranger 2 cam ?
I didn’t succeed to make the PTZ and the motion detection functions work. I have integrated it via the Onvif integration of HA and I can’t find any PTZ entities created…

Hi Ikari
Actually, I added imou success in watching by integration Onvif but not success on PTZ, motion sensor actived but it update with long delay ( compare to motion alarm on Imou). I didnot touch the camera a few month, just view.
Regards

Hi, is there any news regarding the IMOU RANGER2 motion sensor?
Several months ago with ONVIF ingration the sensor was created but it always remained inactive, now it is no longer created.
Thanks

Same here with the Imou Looc v.2 the binary_sensor motion alarm was created by the ONVIF integration but it is not working.

I have the Cue 2 model and it gets reconized by ONVIF, but no sensor. Anyone has this camera?

HI man, I have a Imou Ranger 2 and added everything with the Onvif integration. I see the entities but no livestream. Do you have any idea?

hi, maybe it has a H.265 codec and it can’t be visualized on browser. Try the second stream. In my case, it’s:

H.265
rtsp://admin:PWD@IP:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

H.264
rtsp://admin:PWD@IP:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

1 Like

Both does not work unfortunately. I am using onvif integration which is not working and ffmpeg integration isnt working either.

input: rtsp://admin:xx@x:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
    input: rtsp://admin:xx@xx:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
  • platform: generic
    name: Streaming Enabled
    still_image_url: http://xx/jpg/image.jpg
    stream_source: rtsp://xx

try using motioneye and integrating ir with HA.