Update to 2024.1.3 fails with 404 Client Error

The update runs and fails, leaving me with this. Any thoughts on how to fix this? I’ve already tried ha su repair and also ha core update without any luck. I’m running Home Assistant OS on a virtual machine in a Debian host.

24-01-12 22:58:41 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.docker.interface] Can’t install ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2024.1.3: 404 Client Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.43/images/ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2024.1.3/json: Not Found (“No such image: Package qemux86-64-homeassistant · GitHub”)

24-01-12 22:58:41 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Updating Home Assistant image failed

2 Likes

I don’t have any errors in the logs but I can see the update in the UI but somehow it does not offer to upodate… HA OS on NUC6.

This sounds very similar to the issue I was having. Resolution posted here: New installation error on RPI3 - Updating docker

Thanks for the suggestion.

I read your post and I don’t think it is a DNS issue to be honest. I have zero errors in both HA Core and Supervisor. I’m handling my DNS endpoints myself and nothing has changed recently. I rebooted one network intermediate equipment to see if it fixes it.

I had to reboot in Safe Mode to be able to install the update. No idea what prevented HA to update… I will see if it happens again with the next one.

I actually found your post and followed along but that didn’t solve it. What was surprising though is that the error went away after like 12 hours. I was able to install the update next morning WITHOUT changing anything.

Again today, I could not update some addons except in Safe Mode. Odd.

Same issue here. Docker installation on Ubuntu. Had to use “ha core update” in the terminal to get from 2023.12.4 to 2024.1.3. First time I had an update problem.