Update Yale Smart Alarm Client

Hi
I recommend raising a github ticket otherwise this won’t get sorted :slight_smile:

2021.8.2 is working fine for me.

Came here to look if anyone else has same problem. I raised a github issue:

I just upgraded as well and I am having the same issue

Error setting up entry *email_address* for yale_smart_alarm
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 293, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/yale_smart_alarm/__init__.py", line 19, in async_setup_entry
    if not await hass.async_add_executor_job(coordinator.get_updates):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 52, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/yale_smart_alarm/coordinator.py", line 119, in get_updates
    cycle = self.yale.get_cycle()
AttributeError: 'YaleSmartAlarmClient' object has no attribute 'get_cycle'

You guys who happen now to have this issue that is says it can’t find get_cycle you don’t happen to have another custom component targeting the same upstream package (YaleSmartAlarmClient)?
You might need to adjust the manifest.json file within to use the same package version (0.3.4) or simply remove it all.

Bit of a update guys. I did indeed have a custom Yale component that was using a older version of the Yale api. Updating my custom component to 0.34 in the manifest fixed the issue

Thansk @gjohansson and @ha_irish, I have the custom_component Yale_Binary_Sensor and that needed updating to reflect the HA version change in the manifest.json.
There was also update to the binary_sensor.py file.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the info on the yale binary sensor for door/window contacts. First time hearing about it!

@gjohansson
Thank you for working on this component, could you please confirm if you’ll be adding the panic button as a trigger?

That is the intention but as the list is quite long for what needs to be added e.g. locks, contacts etc. and every PR takes some time waiting for someone from core team to review it, it will take some time before it’s in.
But we will get there eventually

1 Like

Hi Guys,
is anyone else having a problem with the Yale smart integration stating it can’t connect?

I had some issues this morning and it seemed like a Yale outage as I couldn’t even get on via the Yale app, I did restart HA and then it started working after the Yale app was back up.

1 Like

oh okay
strange thing I was was able to log into the app and could use it fine. I restarted and everything was fine for about 30mins. I disables it this morning and I’ll recheck now.

thank you for responding

I’ve been having no end of trouble integrating my Keyfree Connected smart lock with the Zwave 2 module into HA since updating to ZwaveJS, so pondering getting the white Smart Living Sync Lock Module. Can anyone advise if when a user enters a correct door lock code, this can be passed back some way and reported to HA for use with automations?

1 Like

Hi All,
I am tying to get my white sync module added to Home-assistant so I can see/control conexis L1 lock. Can you advise how to add this to home assistant. I have downloaded and added the yale_smart_sync component to the custom_components folder but not sure what to write in the binary sensors to get the values.

You can’t control the Conexis Via home assistant and the white sync module. You will need to use another module via 3rd party platform e.g. Z-Wave and Smartthings integration.

I had to use the below to get the lock status to report, it doesn’t work via the default HA yale integration.

So technically i have to choose between:

• being able to automatically turn off the alarm when we enter the house (white module)

• Getting the status working on Home assistant (Module 2)

I was under the impression that the Yale API did show the lock details as well.

No you don’t have to choose, you can both side by side which is what i do.

So I use the built in integration for alarm control and the integration linked above for alarm status for things like pir, door contacts and locks.

I have the zwave module HA turns off my yale alarm when it detects mine or my wife’s key

Anybody elses Yale Integration seemingly getting more unreliable?

Mine seems to be logging me out or something during the night and I have to reboot home assistant to get it working again?