Update Yale Smart Alarm Client

Same here. Mine seems to log out the Yale integration. I don’t need to reboot, but just sign back in again through the integration. However, I’ve got an automation setup to disarm the alarm in the morning and even though it’s sign out the automation I’m HA still runs and disarms the alarm at the scheduled time in the morning, but HA still thinks it’s armed and shows this in dashboard.

Mine is exactly the same but requires a restart as when I click submit after entering credentials it just pops up again.

I’m having the same issue, yet I believe it has been noticed and a fix will be seen in the next version of HA

Ah perfect, I did have a look but couldn’t find anything.

Looks like we’re also getting some new features soon, lock support and binary sensors.

Not trying to change the topic, but do we know if it’s been figured out yet how to trigger the alarm panel? I’ve been trying all sorts in my dev environment with no luck.

I’ve been reading through this and can see it’s been going on a while. Is there still no way for the status to change to ‘triggered’ if the alarm is set off?

I’ve not found a way of doing it. I’ve seen there are some posts out there, but I don’t think any work.

1 Like

It’s triggering events but the events are not self-explaining so the only way is really to trigger the alarm and see which code you get and so on for all kind of events.
I was planning to do that with also implementing a button for the panic alarm but haven’t come around yet to testing e.g. get the codes for triggered, if triggered by different events etc. etc. And personally I also don’t have contacts so can’t even test those cases.
If someone is voluntary and can run some python code for me I can invite you to the discord channel where it’s being discussed e.g. make it more concrete to get all the stuff in.

2 Likes

@gjohansson thanks for all the work on this integration and adding support for locks and contacts ! I been waiting for the lock support :slight_smile:

Thanks again

1 Like

Thanks @gjohansson :muscle:

Hi @gjohansson,

I’m happy to test, be great to get this rolled out. Also PM’d you.

Thanks

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I understand what you’re trying to accomplish but I’m new to python so don’t understand how to add the code, or know what code I need to add to my HA instance to see if it does work.

If anyone can explain this, I can test it too.

I’ve got the same issue with it logging me out daily, let’s hope it gets sorted as it is the easiest way to determine if everyone has left the house and drives a lot of my automations…

I realised mine goes offline at 04:20 every night so I set home assistant to reboot at 04:25. Now I don’t need to reauthenticate every morning.

Not ideal but a workaround for now.

Mine doing it too at 6:20 with 2021/12/10 core component.

I just updated to the dev version via HACS… lets see if it need reauthenticate tomorrow.

2021/11/5 notified also at 6:20 but I never needed to reauthenticate

I think this reauthenticating started after yale service brakes… maybe they did something that kicks us out every night…

Voluntary tester also here.

Thank you for all your efforts!

1 Like

Yep, mine’s the same. It’s strange, as the other work Yale must had been doing some maintenance as my hub completely lost connection to their network and I wasn’t able to connect to it from the app and also HA couldn’t see it. I know this is not related because the issue of the reauthentication has been going on for longer. But I also agree the issue could be them at the Yale end and they are kicking everyone out everyday.

I’m also available to test.

Also happy to test as this have been driving me mad!! as a lot of my automation is based of alarm being deactivated.