Updated to 2023.3.x and hue lights are having issues

Hi all,

I installed the update when my system flagged it being available.

Since the install however, my HUE lighting (and God knows what else) has gone completely crazy :frowning:

I am 100% certain I switched off all lights before going to bed, only to notice several lights had switched on later. I switched them off manually…

Today I get home: again several lights (2 of 4 spots, 1 of 3 lightstrips etc)

Anybody else seeing this behaviour?!?

I noticed some weird stuff happening with my hue lights too. They are paired with zigbee instead of the hue hub. Sometimes when I enter my office and they turn on with motion sensor, they start flashing wildly and then solid on. And then all of my hue lights go unresponsive for a bit and then they are fine.

However, the past few days, they have worked flawlessly. I’m at a loss.

Hi,

I am using the HUE hub and am new to Home Assistant.

At this point I have had no real issues, imported a lot of stuff I could connect to, and played with a single automation (switching Fibaro socket → Flash 3 light strips once)

The automation was just for testing purposes and has been deleted, so I don’t see any relation with the update, but can’t be sure.

I have shutdown HA and HUE bridge for now and will power up in a bit to see if issues are gone or not…

I use the HueHub and a lot of lamps. No issue here due to the upgrade.

Is it possible you had a power cut and these are the lights that are set to be ‘on’ when power is restored?

I have had similar behaviour over the last few days. My issue I believe was down to zigbee2mqtt update which I can fairly consistently replicate (and now remain on the older version). I posted here… before I’d seen the CVE disclaimer / supervisor upgrade today.

Keen to know if any of you also use zigbee2mqtt and if this solves your issues?

Thanks

UPDATE: My issues are unrelated and are caused by the adaptive lighting integration. Still no fix but have isolated the issue.

Hi,

I did check that, no power cut occurred. Not using MQTT

Core was just updated as well, thusfar stable after reboots

fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: