Uponor in HA

Hi,

Is it possible to use Uponor in HA

https://www.uponor.com/products/room-temperature-controls/uponor-smatrix

B/rgs Mads

Same question, Someone know something???

I discover something in openhub:

but i don´t know how use it in home assistant

Anyone? i hope someone have this solution, just waiting for the post:-)

1 Like

I’m wondering aswell, would be great a great feature!

If you have a U@home (R-167) unit, it has a REST api that can be used. With a rest sensor in your configuration.yaml you can get most of the vaules from your system.

I started making a component for this some time ago, but never got time to finished it :frowning:

thanks, can you send me some code or example of work of your component???

can i try do something, or some people can continue with your work

I will have a U@home R-167 soon.

Thanks

Sorry about late reply. It is not much but at least you can find what can be done using U@home. Let me know if you get anything working with HA or you need someone to test.

Thanks zima,

In two months i receive my U@home and began my tests.

Thnks

great news , i am working in create sensors in HA with temperature of rooms and i think i show you results soon.
Actually now i connect to api and show information of room name and temperature in an example sensor in HA
sorry my english

I am looking forward to your results. I tried my self but I got stuck half way. IS there anything you could share with us now?

Its only a example of use, i create a custom_component , now only sensor type, you can use it.

Thanks to @zima , all work is yours

1 Like

I create a post in correct site and advanced it to create sensors and climate

thanks for try it and post issues

1 Like

Hi,

I have added following to my config file, and downloaded the custom conf (see attached)

sensor:

• platform: uhomeuponor
    host: 192.168.1.248

But no sensors appears in my Homeassistant

Try first in your local net navigate to “http://192.168.1.248” you may see something like this:

If you see, try to read log typing “halog” in console

Or type “halog | grep uhome” and restart homeassitant to see possible errors.

reply with your results.

Please reply in this thread:

Thnks

Hello,
I’m trying to integrate M-76 module with Home Assistant. It’s not a Smatrix System (it’s the previous one) but the GUI of uponor U@home is the same.
I’m not able to see new created sensors after installing the custom component and rebooting home assistant.
An error is reported in HA

Any clue? Thank you.

Issue Deprecated is now solved, update your repo

But i think you have another error, review homeassistant log for more detail for the error

Hello,
Now deprecated issue is solved, but same errors on setting sensors/climate on uhomeuponor platform
Here is home assistant log:

2020-10-20 13:16:52 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for uhomeuponor which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.
2020-10-20 13:16:57 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Error while setting up uhomeuponor platform for sensor
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 193, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.shield(task)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/uhomeuponor/sensor.py", line 43, in setup_platform
    uponor.rescan()
  File "/config/custom_components/uhomeuponor/uponor_api/__init__.py", line 40, in rescan
    self.init_controllers()
  File "/config/custom_components/uhomeuponor/uponor_api/__init__.py", line 56, in init_controllers
    if bitMask & mask:
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for &: 'float' and 'int'
2020-10-20 13:16:57 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] Error while setting up uhomeuponor platform for climate
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 193, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.shield(task)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/uhomeuponor/climate.py", line 55, in setup_platform
    uponor.rescan()
  File "/config/custom_components/uhomeuponor/uponor_api/__init__.py", line 40, in rescan
    self.init_controllers()
  File "/config/custom_components/uhomeuponor/uponor_api/__init__.py", line 56, in init_controllers
    if bitMask & mask:

Many thanks.
Rgds

This error is because data return diferent values , the API is not the same,you need to analize api data return and change code for adapt to your device

I can´t help you more