Uptime-kuma to home-assistant

@M1ckyB Thanks! Other than updating the manifest.json file, did you have to make any other changes inside the custom_components\uptime_kuma directory?

I only put a version tag in the manifest.json file so it would load, thatā€™s all i did in that dir,

No other file was touched

1 Like

Great. Thanks.

Is there documentation for this integration? I guess it is in the pull request code somewhere - perhaps add it to the HACS compatible repo so it is easily seen?

@scriven33 The documentation for the official integration hasnā€™t been merged yet, but there really isnā€™t much there anyway. Basically you enter the url and credentials of your uptime kuma instance and it populates binary_sensors for each uptime kuma monitor.

Note, currently each monitor will be named: binary_sensor.<monitor_name>. You might expect it to do something like binary_sensor.uptimekuma.<monitor_name>, but that doesnā€™t seem to be the case currently. Also, it seems like the entities are not currently listed on the integration, but if you go to developer tools and search for them, you should find them.

@M1ckyB Do you know how to make this integration available via HACS without having to add the repository as a ā€˜customā€™ repository in HACS? It didnā€™t seem to show up in the integrations search until i added the repository to the custom repositories section.

Look in the documentation on the hacs.xyz website under publish to hacs > include default repository

I would post a link but it wonā€™t let me

For some reason I was expecting a YAML configuration - didnā€™t even occur to me to look in Integrations and try and install it that way and get a GUI!

1 Like

Would be nice to see the entities like this:
Sensor.uptime_kuma.<name.of.service>

1 Like

Agreed. Iā€™ll see what i can do.
The pull request into core is moving ahead now, so it should be fixed when itā€™s in Core :+1:

2 Likes

Could you share the repo link that I could add as a custom repository?

2 Likes

So it works as a custom component?
Looks like your repo has been withdrawn?

The pool request was resubmitted and itā€™s still pending right now. The hold up is some tests that need to be fixed but I havenā€™t had the time to look at them yet. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, works great.

1 Like

Minor Card Update.

1 Like

how did you get the (up, down, unknown, paused, unavailable) sensors?
and the history stats as list. :wink:

I created template sensors based on the sensors state and attribute.

I used the Logbook Card.

Edit: Let me know if you need part of my config.

Is this only getting Up (on), Down (off) status?