Urmet intercom signalling

I used to have a simple one-wire intercom which I automated with a ESP32 and a relay to remotely open the door.

It was changed to a modern intercom that does the same thing, but more complicated :slight_smile: Namely the Urmet MIOR 2Voice 1183/7

This device does not simply shorts the wire anymore, it probably sends a signal (or shorts a pin) and I was wondering if someone has ever deal with it. I saw other posts that are not that far away, but did not get responses:

Since the buttons are physical, I could ultimately look at making the “press” close to the button but if someone has had any more lunch I would be delighted to learn from your successes :slight_smile:

Would be much easier to connect to door unit.

Would you mind to elaborate? I am not sure I understand

outdoor phone/bell unit. They have analog contacts to door lock.

Ah, this is not possible. This is an apartment and the door is too far away (not to mention that I do not have access to it)

Then you need to physically connect to button contacts/wires.

Looking at the PDF… GT XI and Y1 are your connections for the buttons and CP is for the intercom at the entrance side whist S- and S+ are the ringer leaving Line for circuit:

Thanks. I will have to measure that because I am not sure that shorting CP is enough to trigger the opening of the door (I have a bad feeling that this will be a composite signal, not just a shorting)

It’s for doorbell.

Can’t you open the device and have a look at the button?
Most likely it’s just a PCB type button