Using CATT

I disabled the SSL part and now it works. So it is the duckdns that I am using.
When opening my home assistant with Https://192.168.1.100:8123 I get the message it isn’t secure.
I am now trying to use nginex proxy manager so I can access it through reverse proxy. But up until now no luck.
Local IP still works but I can’t get connect it from https://xxx.duckdns.org:8123. I get the message “400: bad request”

Searching the internet a little more I found the solution.
You will need to add:

http:
  use_x_forwarded_for: true
  trusted_proxies:
  - 172.30.33.0/24

Now it works :tada:
I can access my internal ip and external url without any issues and CATT is now working.
I can cast my lovelace to my google hub.

I was so focused on getting CATT to work with DuckDNS and reverse proxy I didn’t notice the 30 sec issue. This is a big setback. Now that it works it only works for 30 sec.
Hopefully it someone will find a solution I will keep an eye on this thread

Hello All, looking for advise here. I’ve been looking to use CATT for a while now but going through the threads, there’s an issue with it at the moment.
I have a google HUB i got as a wedding gift last December, it’s been in my attic since, but I’m afraid if I turn it on, I’ll be forced to run a software update.
Any ideas?

When I got mine out of the box a couple of weeks ago it updated until it was finished.
No way to interrupt this.

You could probably block it from the internet, but then it becomes not much use.

This morning I woke up, checked my hub…and is saw “the clock” okay…

Reinstalled catt
cast_site

Nothing…

unplugged the hub, plugged it back in reinstalled catt again…cast_site. It was there for 10 minutes and gone…

did not made any changes…

so i guess, the hub had a firmware update and now i’m “screwed” ?

Logger: pychromecast.socket_client
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pychromecast/socket_client.py:395
First occurred: 8:40:34 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:40:34
[Woonkamer(192.168.1.22):8009] Failed to connect to service ServiceInfo(type=‘host’, data=(‘192.168.1.22’, 8009)), retrying in 5.0s

thoughts?

But related to CATT, but in the same trouble with Echo Show.

Is there really no device out in the world like the Hubs or the Shows with same form factor, power plug behind screen, somehow pretty, little cam (at least as movement sensor) little speaker (optional) with only a slim Android and the possibility to install fully browser?

I would pay more than for a Hub or Show, if it would be available.

An android tablet?

I would like to have more form factor than Hub or Show and no stand and in 5 or 6 inch. And the power plug is a problem here as well. I know only the Lenovos with their stands and power connector at the horizontal side.

What does that even mean?

Plugs can be minimised.

:wink: It should look like
or better

With “invisible cable at the back” and no* plug on one side, etc.

Reqarding plug, this lenovo is somehow o.k.

but it is too big, the stand is too much stand (see bottom) and the device too much a tablet and it is black. :wink:

Perhaps I missed devices in my long search trips, which you have in mind. So I would appreciate having your advice: max 6 inch, white, no visible plug, integrated or seamless stand.

no thoughts but same issue here since today :grimacing:

Yes, same issue here as of today. Not sure when/if my nest hub max had a firmware update though…
I’m on 1.56…265669, which isn’t even listed on the firmware website.

Certainly different to the 30s issue I had on the nest hub after firmware update. This time it won’t even cast at all. I run the command, and command line basically freezes.

Same on nest hub 2.
Terminal freezes after running cast site command.

It seems that the cast stream does not get disconnected after the 10min timeout and CATT refuses to connect again.

Add “catt -d “your_device” stop” to your reload script to stop the cast stream before reloading.

if ! catt -d “your_device” status | grep ‘PLAYING’; then
catt -d “your_device” volume 0
catt -d “your_device” stop
catt -d “your_device” cast_site http://xxx
fi

1 Like

Awsome!
Back in service.
Thanks
Now looking forward for the next update surprise :wink:

Legend. Yeah, I should have realized that, as after I manually stopped the cast from the home app it worked initially, and then failed. But it didn’t twig that that was the issue!

Reading your solution you don’t have the 30 second issue. Are you not casting to a nest hub?
If you are what are the firmware versions on your device?

Im not having the 30sec issue yet.
Casting to a nest hub with firmware 1.56.265669