Using Nuki Lock 3.0 Fully Local without Bridge

Hi Víctor. Can you tell me exactly where I can do this? You mean in Nuki app? I can’t find it there.
Thanks.

If you want to change the lock’s update frequency you have to:

1. Enable Bluetooth and get close to the lock
  2. Open the Nuki App
  3. Click on the big Unlock circle button in the main screen so the small.menu appears at the bottom
  4. Click Settings button
  5. Then click the first option Caracteristics and configuration
  6. Click Battery
  7. Finally click Energy saving mode and choose the frequency you want.

Pretty tricky this app’s settings.

1 Like

Hi I’m trying to install my new lock, when I integrate it with nuki lock it configures it but I get this error: Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: helpers/network.py:206
First occurred: 20:09:23 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 20:09:23

Error setting up entry serratura entrata for nuki_ng
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 383, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
File “/config/custom_components/nuki_ng/init.py”, line 25, in async_setup_entry
coordinator = NukiCoordinator(hass, entry, data)
File “/config/custom_components/nuki_ng/nuki.py”, line 344, in init
url = config.get(“hass_url”, get_url(hass))
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/network.py”, line 167, in get_url
request_host = _get_request_host()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/network.py”, line 206, in _get_request_host
raise NoURLAvailableError
homeassistant.helpers.network.NoURLAvailableError

could someone help me please?

Any experience with the wifi version regarding local Home Assistant integration, guys? I don’t want to use a bridge and plan to purchase a Nuki Smart Lock 3.0 Pro, which has built-in wifi.

Same question

According to this post and the Nuki integration docs, the Nuki 3.0 Pro has MQTT support and is auto-discovered by HA.
I’m also ordering one now…

1 Like

I use the Nuki pro WiFi.
Without a bridge.
And the custom Nuki intergration.
Works perfect.
Lock. Unlock. Unlatch.

Automaton. When I go to bed. Click one button and everything shutdown etc. And door will be licked. When disable alarm. Door Auto Unlock’s. (Not unlatch) that is great future.

It uses the web api. (Works perfect)

Thanks for this !

I setup the Nuki Bridge and it works, but it relies on Bluetooth range of the HA bluetooth device, an ESP close to the Nuki is much better and the setup of the Nuki hub is much more hassle free !

Any idea how to hide this open button? My lock cant opne my door, it can only lock/unlock

Nope. But since I have the same “problem” at my cellar door, I use different buttons.

Thanks for the tip! I don’t own a smart lock Yet, but looking for what to get, still.
Do you know what this part of the documentation means?
***NUKI Hub does not integrate with the NUKI mobile app, it can’t register itself as a bridge in the official NUKI mobile app. ***

→ I won’t be able to use nukis build in geofence for opening?

I can’t say since I’m not using the nuki app at all.

But since you can control the lock from HA, it’s much better to setup a geofence in HA than relying on nuki’s build in functionality. The less apps you rely on the better, IMHO.

Hi! I own a Nuki Smart Lock 3.0 Pro without a Bridge and I am super confused due to what I read regarding what is possible and not on HA.

Some says it is not possible to use it without a bridge cause it misses local APIs, others says it works, other says it works only via MQTT…

@realm, you state to be using the Nuki pro Wifi without a Bridge with the custom Nuki integration: would you mind to share your settings? I could only manage to set the nuki to connect via MQTT but I am not able to discovery it in HA.

Could someone explain in clear terms how to connect a Nuki Pro 3 vi Wifi with HA without a Bridge, thanks in advance :slight_smile:

I only use a smart lock pro without a bridge.
It works perfect here.

Install this custom repository via Hacs:

On the original Nuki website make a api from your own login. Use this api information for that installed intergration.

If all went good,it should work.

It will show 2 devices from Nuki in home assistant.
Now use lock.unllock for example. Target Nuki lock. And lock will unlock.

I made a script.
So you can Unlatch the door.
(Nuki only knows standaard lock/unlock. But Not Unlatch)

This is useful imo. When I go too bed I hit one button and complete house goes in alarm etc. Front door locks. When I come out of bed. I hit a button. House boots up. Door unlocks! (Not opens) you can use the unlatch script to really open the door!

Thanks a lot for sharing this! I was not sure about the API key part :smiley:
BTW, after a HA restart, also the MQTT auto Discovery started working, so now I have the nuki connected over two channels in HA… just a matter of taste :smiley:

Hey There, I just got a second Nuki for the back door, this time I wanted to go cheap and I purchased the Nuki 4.0 NON pro. So it has just bluetooth (and Matter). I have no bridge. I tried to pair it with HA using a bluetooth dongle and the Integration of GitHub - ronengr/hass_nuki_bt: Control Nuki Lock over bluetooth without any luck (I open a issue also there), does anyone knows about any alternative meanwhile, to wait the Nuki to HA via Bluetooth directly?

Hello Gianluca, I had the same reasoning and bought a NON pro version 4 hoping for Matter. But for the moment it’s impossible to integrate it directly in bluetooth .

The lock seem’s to be paired, but not “configured”

Have you found a solution?

BTW i didn"t found your issues on [Issues · ronengr/hass_nuki_bt · GitHub] … I was hoping to find an explanation

You should better try GitHub - technyon/nuki_hub: Use an ESP32 as a Hub between a NUKI Lock and your smarthome.

Hello,

I am missing that too.

Where do i have to put that script?

Thanks and greetings,

Erik.

You need a esp32.