Using Nuki Lock 3.0 Fully Local without Bridge

Hey There, I just got a second Nuki for the back door, this time I wanted to go cheap and I purchased the Nuki 4.0 NON pro. So it has just bluetooth (and Matter). I have no bridge. I tried to pair it with HA using a bluetooth dongle and the Integration of GitHub - ronengr/hass_nuki_bt: Control Nuki Lock over bluetooth without any luck (I open a issue also there), does anyone knows about any alternative meanwhile, to wait the Nuki to HA via Bluetooth directly?

Hello Gianluca, I had the same reasoning and bought a NON pro version 4 hoping for Matter. But for the moment it’s impossible to integrate it directly in bluetooth .

The lock seem’s to be paired, but not “configured”

Have you found a solution?

BTW i didn"t found your issues on [Issues · ronengr/hass_nuki_bt · GitHub] … I was hoping to find an explanation

You should better try GitHub - technyon/nuki_hub: Use an ESP32 as a Hub between a NUKI Lock and your smarthome.

Hello,

I am missing that too.

Where do i have to put that script?

Thanks and greetings,

Erik.

You need a esp32.

Hi @FlorentJ & @gianpo86,

Have you ever found a solution? I recently bought a Nuki 4 non-pro and I am facing the same issue…

No really Sorry. Nuki just updated the firmware to allow compatibility with matter. I Will try this solution.

1 Like

Hi

I’ve used this bridge foar about a year without issues but now I discovered that I can no longer control the lock from home assistant, I get the below message:

“Failed to call service lock/lock. HTTPConnectionPool(host=‘127.0.0.1’, port=8080): Read timed out. (read timeout=10)”

Please note, I do get the updated state of the lock in HA, so it is connected. It is just not possible to control it from HA.

Any ideas? Thank you.

Later edit: could not solve this so I decided to install the nuki_hub recommended above on an ESP32 that I had lying around.

Installation was relatively straightforward (never used mqtt until now) and the big improvement is that the lock status is now updated almost instantaneously in HA (with the RaspiNukiBridge it took about 30 secs).

1 Like

Hi

I am looking for HA compatible smartlock with external fingerprint reader (for children) and a keypad (for guests).
And I would prefer not to use an app for anything.

Can the door sensor and key pad (with fingerprint sensor) be integrated in this setup without using the app?
Is it possible to add new keypad codes remotely over HA or the RPi?

Thanks for your help…

@FlorentJ, @gianpo86, @cicero222: Probably you have the same error:
First initial setup failed. (Failure while polling; Error setting up entry Nuki for hass_nuki_bt) · Issue #42 · ronengr/hass_nuki_bt · GitHub

I am using the kvj/hass_nuki_ng integration with my Smart Lock 3 Pro without any additional hw… and it works quite good!
Using the latest Beta FW (3.9.1)

@spanzetta I do not have the pro version of the lock nor the bridge sold by Nuki, so I need additional hardware.

Update: 1 month later and everything is ok, I am quite pleased with this solution.

Hello,

Just clear up one thing please:

Can you really open the door, or just lock and unlock the key lock?

I also do not have the bridge which I don’t need to operate the lock, but I do think that to really open it we need the bridge…

You can unlatch the door with the ESP solution or the docker container using the service lock.unlatch

Hello Realm,
why don’t use MQTT ?

Thanks

I just started using mqtt last week.
And your right. Now mqtt is really good (better) option to use a Nuki 3 or 4 lock for.
I noticed that web intergration was acting more and more slowly.

Nuki implemented that mqtt only recently with a firmware update for the lock 3.
And now with mqtt setup in HA it’s really good.
Way more faster and local.

1 Like

I am having now a lot of trouble with mqtt on V3. Not sure what is the reason - initially i got everything going but now not so much…

What is not good?
I’m running version 3.9.5 on Nuki.
In Nuki Mqtt I only use local ip adres of my HA.

In home assistant
Install Mosquitto broker 6.4.1 (set right port)
Install Mqtt and add Nuki.

It’s running good here.

The version and product are similar to mine - still not stable though !

hello, i want to have a keypad outside for our maid to open the door. So if I buy a keypad and a nuki lock without bridge is it possible to have both in HA and control them ? basicaly a code that will work cartain days or to work from now and 60min?