Vacuum Interactive Map Card

Trimming did work when I checked it yesterday, it seems that the best values are around 100.
I am not sure what more you want scaling to do? :wink:

I plan to add a possibility to replace a background with an image, but I want to add features step by step :slight_smile:

I managed to make the camera feed look exactly like the image I use for the card, which is calibrated.

map_transformation:
      scale: 2
      trim:
        top: 31
        bottom: 32
        left: 34
        right: 18

however, if I try to replace the map-image with map-camera, although the feed look pretty much same to me in terms of dimensions and display, the cleaner gets misaligned and goes absolutely off.
any idea? maybe this has something to do with scaling and trimming?
please also add the extractor to hacs.

I will add already calculated calibration to attributes soon. Later I plan to update the card to not need calibration at all when using with this tool.

2 Likes

This is really great work!!! Thanks Piotr! are you planning to release this on HACS?
It works perfectly fine as custom component, but would be easier to install updates once in HACS!

You can already just add it as custom repository to HACS and make updates over it. :wink:

It’s done! See documentation

2 Likes

DUH! thanks for the wakeup call!

@3_14 Im trying to add the card to my UI but im getting an error :frowning:
I added xiaomi-vacuum-map-card.js/coordinates-converter.js/texts.js/style.js to my custom_lovelace/xiaomi_vacuum_map_card folder. Ressource is also added, i dont know where to search for the mistake. Can you help me getting this to work :slight_smile:

error

You have bad indentation, If you post actual .yaml code, it will be possible to help.

I have some problems with calibration.
Probabily because i choose wrong A,B e C point to use for excel helper.
In this map which points do you choose?

Corners of selected zone should be ok :slight_smile:

okay…
another problem after edit of lovelace it’s convert my zones coordinate from:
[[23621,26118,26971,29268,1]]

to:

What i do wrong?

This is just a formatting, it is a standard behavior.
There is just one mistake: remove last “1” from your config (each zone should contain 4 coordinates)

Updated to 116.0 , is it possible that the lovelace card is broken? i cant draw zones anymore ?

anyone else seeing this too ?

also now using the map_camera attribute with that extractor, and seeing this now in log :

2020-10-07 21:52:08 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.camera] The websocket command 'camera_thumbnail' has been deprecated
2020-10-07 21:52:13 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.camera] The websocket command 'camera_thumbnail' has been deprecated

Yes, it’s broken. And yes, it uses a deprecated function. I am working on rewriting this card completely, which will solve these (and other) issues

4 Likes

For info, what changed in 116 to brake this card? Maybe I can revert that change… So I can use this card again

Ty

I don’t think you can revert it

ok, then we have to wait on your update :slight_smile:

There is a potential fix for 0.116 on master branch, but it wasn’t tested yet