Vaillant/MultiMATIC integration

Just tried with HA 0.115.3 (in docker) and it works as expected.

According to your last post, everything is supposed to work (warning log saying the component is loaded). So you should see the integration in the ui.

Thanks Thomas now it works!

I had to clear my Chrome browser cache before the Vaillant showed up. It can be done by

Chrome -> settings -> site settings -> storage -> search for your URL for Home Assistant-> “clear & reset”

Thanks again for the great work you have done! :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Michael

Ah great :), let me know if you have any issues

Hi, I did a quick scan through this thread and the code. Sorry if I missed anything, but is it correct that this only works with the public/internet HTTP api and thus depends on the vaillant cloud service? Or does this also work on local network, controlling ebus directly?

Hi,

indeed it only work through HTTP (if you find something to be able to manage it through local network, i’ll take it ! There is a lot missing data inside the API).

Well, I guess the 2 ways of doing it locally would be either via eBus (which would require some eBus USB or ethernet adapter) or via EEBUS (which would require the the vr920 or 921).

From the diagram here: https://www.eebus.org/technology/ it seems like EEBUS does device discovery via mDNS and then communicates with a protocol on top of a websocket. The protocol is specified here: https://www.eebus.org/media-downloads/#_specifications

So that seems to be the easiest route. However I have no VR920/921 at the moment, so I just started looking into eBus. Thing is, connecting to the data-link layer is easy enough with ebusd, but is the vaillant protocol specified somewhere or would this need to be reverse-engineerd? I guess one could listen on the eBus connected to a VR920 as you control it over HTTP.

What’s also unclear to me is where most of the logic is with the eBus protocol.
E.g. let’s say you want to reach 22 degrees and it’s too cold in the room. Does the VRC700/720 just send the current temperature and desired temperature on the bus an does the boiler and VR70/71 self manage with that information? Or does the VRC700 send more fine-grained commands and is the boiler more of a ‘dumb’ device executing these commands?

1 Like

Hello,

I’m quite happy to announce version 1.4.0: supporting cooling.

Please note:

1. There are breaking changes regarding the mapping between vaillant mode <> hvac mode and preset
  2. I don’t have any cooling system and I can’t fully test this release, so please be sure to be able to rollback in case of blocking bug.

I’m looking for some testers for this release. Please fill a github issue if you have any… issue :slight_smile:

Thomas

1 Like

Hallo,
ich habe eine Vaillant-Heizung und VR-Modul mit den Thermostatköpfen Ambisense von Vaillant. Gibt es eine Möglichkeit diese in Iobroker einzubinden? Leider finde ich keine Datenpunkte über den Vaillant.0 Adapter… ?
Gruß Maria

Hello,

actually, the work I did is related to home assistant. Maybe there is a “bridge” between iobroker and HA ?

hello, I have:

Vaillant Heizung -> VR920 -> VR700 -> Amisense Thermostatventile

VR920 -> Fritzbox ->Raspberry-> Iobroker ->Vaillant.0-Adapter

Hello, is it possible to display only the room temperature from the VR700 sensor in the HA panel?

Hello,

what HA panel are you talking about ?
Here is my climate panel:

-> 17.9 is the actual temp
-> 17.5 is the target temperature.

which lovelace card are you using ? You should have a look at the lovelace card documentation if there is a way to display info as yo want

How about, I’m using component 1.4.0 in the latest version 2020.12.1 and it works fine.
How can I detect with climate.vaillant_control_zo1 that the heating is working? The icon changes color, but in an automation I need to be able to know that it is active

I’m glad it’s working fine, you should take a look at hvac_action attribute, it should be heating when it’s heating.

I have added a sensor with the attribute that you indicated. Thank you

• platform: template
    sensors:
    vaillant_caldera:
    friendly_name: ‘Vaillant Caldera’
    value_template: ‘{{ states.climate.vaillant_control_zo1.attributes[“hvac_action”] }}’
1 Like

Hi @tgermain,

Looking to your work, I have two doubts:
First, do you think that we can introduce Saunier Duval/Bulex boilers under the Vaillant component as we did with vSmart and Migo?
Second, is the eBus from Vaillant the same as used in Saunier Duval/Bulex boilers rebranding? Therefore, if it is true, maybe we can use all the Vaillant stuff over the other brands without modifying the APIs.

Finally, I think that MultiMATIC is the same as MIpro under Saunier Duval/Bulex brands, with an equivalent Internet Gateway (Milink). It is possible to check cross compatibility by decompiling the manufacturers APP?

Thanks for your great job!

Hello,

thanks for your input :slight_smile:

I found that: https://developer.vaillant-group.com/compatibility, but not sure it’s talking about multimatic API. Do you have migo ? If yes, you can just have a try with your user password.
Honestly, i’m quite sceptical since the multimatic API requires a serial number (which is a number printed on the VR920 itself).

I didn’t put my hands inside my boiler, so I can’t say anything about ebus configuration.

Do you have a link to the apk ? I can have a look

Hello Thomas,
I’m really new with HA (and this forum) and my main application is my vaillant heater system (ambisense, vr920) because vaillant doesn’t have any ifttt/alexa features.
Do you have a step by step tuto or the best way is to pass through the 131 posts meaning 2 years of your work?
Thanks in advance,
Ludovic

Hello,
I didn’t realise it was already 2 years :astonished:

Actually, you just have to follow instructions here: https://github.com/thomasgermain/vaillant-component to install the custom component (last stable version is 1.4.0 now). After you have copy/past vaillant folder inside custom_components (the folder should be in the same folder as your configuration.yaml), you can go to configuration -> integration and search for vaillant. Then your enter your login/password and you’re good to go

1 Like