Vaillant/MultiMATIC integration

thx for fixing the ventilation level with the latest release. confirmation that its working

Hello,

i am currently trying to observe if the heating is on or off. For this i have defined a template:

template:
  - sensor:
    - name: Vaillant_HeizungOn
      unique_id: Vaillant_HeizungOn
      state: "{{state_attr('climate.control_zo1','heating')}}"

I do not get any value on this template. What i also do not know is the state_class or unit.

Is there a place in the githup of this integration where i could find this information?

Thanks in advance
Frank

You can check in the developer tool all the attributes of an entity.

If you want to know if it’s heating or not, you can check hvac_action attribute. only heating, cooling and idle are supported.

Unit is °C, this is set in the integration, but apparently, there is no way to get it through template (if you open the climate entity, you can see this is °C).

This is no state_class for climate entity.

First: thanks for the great integration - works well for me.

I do have one question: in the app I can trigger a “boiler re-fill / re-heat” (in German it’s called 1-mal Speicherladung). Is it possible to do the same with the services? I didn’t find a mapping mode in the docs.

Thanks!

I Guess you mean hotwater boost ? You can check here GitHub - thomasgermain/vaillant-component: Multimatic integration for Home Assistant (NOT compatible with sensoAPP) service set_quick_mode.

Yes - thanks - it works. It seems the table listing the modes on Github is missing the entry though.

I love this integration and using it for some time now.

Since a few days I recognized that some values are not updated anymore. Especially “Vorlauftemperaturfühler” sticks to 27°C in my case and the Energy values are also not updated.
It is the same in the MultiMatic App where it states “synchronizing” all the time on “Vorlauftemperaturfühler” and the last Energy values are from 10.01.2021.

Do you have the same experience or is this an inidividual issue on my site?

You can try using multimatic.request_hvac_update service.
You can also check in your mobile app: settings-> global settings. In that page, there are 2 date times, the first one is from your mobile phone and the second one is coming from the VRC700. Sometimes, mine is stuck somewhere in the past

I think that it is problem of server Vaillant… It works very very bad… and i probably lost Vaillant Gateway and go to adapter ebus 3. It read all value which share controller Multimatic.,

Date Times are equal, called the service but no success.
I also believe it has something to do with the server. My local values in my VRC700 seems to be fine and changing in regards to “Vorlauftemperatur”.

Does anyone uses a custom fan card to set/change the Ventilation Speed during daytime?

Hi guys,

Sorry if I missed something, but is this thread still going about the connection compatible with the multiMATIC application and still NOT with the senoAPP, as mentioned in the first post?

I have a VWL 35/6 heat pump with VR921 and want to connect to my HA but cannot find a good solution. A link between the heat pump and HA using the VR921 would be the best way, I guess.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello,

this is still the case, multimatic integration is NOT (fully) compatible with sensoAPP.

But you can still try the integration. I know some people cannot get outdoor temperature or sometimes zones, etc. For sure, it won’t be fully compatible, but you can still have some information out of the integration.

Support for sensoAPP is not foreseen, because I don’t have any way to test it and also because myVaillant should come soon. By the way, I’m still open to include sensoAPP support if somebody comes with a PR :slight_smile:

Well Thomas,

After nearly 3 years since we spoke about this before, I have finally come around to looking at HA as a replacement for my Control4 system (at least for some aspects) and was looking at integrations that are currently available.

Seems that I came here all that time ago when I was going to reverse engineer the API as you had already started to do so.

Well, I’m only here to say thanks, as you obviously carried on your hard work and I have just installed your custom component on a testing setup of HA and it connected to my VR920 and produced boiler data without any fuss at all!

Thanks and best wishes.
Barry

1 Like

Hi Guys,

I’m doing something wrong but I’m unable to add vaillant-component into my repository. Can somebody of you provide me a link to repository, pls?

OK, I’ve added multimatic repository via HACS, but have no way how to install multimatic integration. Can you guide me how to do it, pls? I can see list of comunity “apps” but there is no multimatic or vaillant

I think I managed this today. Once you add multimatic in your HACS, go to your normal integrations where it should now be available and add it there too. Hope this works for you

@tgermain Hi thank you for this integration, it works fine with my system, however the consumption and yield data are only visible for entire lifetime of the system, any way to take this down to hourly/daily/weekly/monthly/yearly etc? Thank you

Nothing there yet. So maybe wait for update?

OK, after next update it appeared and works fine. Thanks

Hi! Thanks for your work on providing this integration!

I’m getting a new Vaillant soon, and I’m weighing whether I should take the VRC700 or VRC720. The former is compatible with your integration, but the latter looks more slick but is only semi-compatible with your integration if I understand your message.

What do you mean with “if somebody comes with a PR” to look into SensoApp support?

I see myVaillant is available in the Play store now. Does your message imply you are looking into providing support for that?

Thanks again.