Valetudo example configuration not working/what is the syntax for customize.yaml?

Hi there, i tried to insert valetudo room cleaning according to the webpage: Home Assistant | Valetudo but the configuration for /config/customize.yaml seems to be wrong. When starting home assistant with it, it says:
expected a dictionary for dictionary value @ data['customize']['input_boolean.vacuum_hallway']. Got 'room_id:2'

Same for all other entries in that file. How to fix it?
I tried the original configuration which says:

input_boolean.vacuum_hallway:
  room_id: "18"
input_boolean.vacuum_livingroom:
  room_id: "16"
input_boolean.vacuum_bedroom:
  room_id: "20"
input_boolean.vacuum_kitchen:
  room_id: "17"
input_boolean.vacuum_study:
  room_id: "19"

after this I tried:

- input_boolean.vacuum_hallway:
  room_id: "18"
- input_boolean.vacuum_livingroom:
  room_id: "16"
- input_boolean.vacuum_bedroom:
  room_id: "20"
- input_boolean.vacuum_kitchen:
  room_id: "17"
- input_boolean.vacuum_study:
  room_id: "19"

which gets rid of the aforementioned error but home-assistant still runs in safe mode and says:
2021-12-04 20:37:47 ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.util.yaml.loader] while scanning a simple key
in “/config/customize.yaml”, line 2, column 3
could not find expected ‘:’
in “/config/customize.yaml”, line 3, column 1
2021-12-04 20:37:47 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Failed to parse configuration.yaml: while scanning a simple key
in “/config/customize.yaml”, line 2, column 3
could not find expected ‘:’
in “/config/customize.yaml”, line 3, column 1. Activating safe mode

I’ve experienced this issue too, without any clear way to work around it. I realise there are no responses to this thread, but did you find a solution?

If the Valetudo docs have a broken example, perhaps we could raise on that project’s Github / Telegram group.

You can use my script blueprints for cleaning specific rooms. No need to manually configure segment numbers (just be sure to set up meaningful and consistent segment names whenever you do a new mapping pass).