Velux Active (HomeKit accessory) control via Home Assistant?

agreed, it’s a real shame that they barely provide the fullet set of characteristics for the minimum integration. If they ever do upgrade their product to support more HomeKit feature then the integration should just pick them up though I think.

Recently installed a velux skylight and got the KIX300 to go with it. I’ve been using native homekit for a bit, and works reliably, but wanted to get things into HA and used the homekit controller. Pairing worked right away, and everything seemed good…until I realized that the window shows up as an entity, but I can’t control it. The blinds to go with it work fine. CO2 values, blinds moving up and down etc all work, but the window entity doesn’t have any up/down controls.

Anyone have any idea on what’s wrong?

Hello. I have the exact same problem. All was working fine (CO2, temp, humidity, 2 covers and 2 windows); I had to reinstall the gateway which updated firmware and since then I can see the 2 windows as devices but they do not show anymore as entities so I cannot control them anymore. This used to work fine before this update; Anyone has a clue ? thanks

Logged an issue here Homekit controller not creating entity for Velux skylight · Issue #44543 · home-assistant/core (github.com) . Add more relevant information if you have it…

So to fix this follow the instructions here: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/44314#issuecomment-747402634

Alternatively just wait as the fix has been accepted so I’m assuming it will eventually make it into a new HA version.

1 Like

Thanks, this helped me fix my windows issue as well.

Thanks man - I was wonderring if I was able to set up my 4 new Windows and Blinds with HA and how.
Does this HomeKit think required some sort of Apple Products (noob here), or is it just the Integration in HA that needs to be setup and then do as you wrote?

Thanks for the very helpful instructions. Where do I find this code please?

I have just set up the KIX 300 and can confirm that you do not need any AppleKit. You do need the mobile app which can be found on the Google Play Store and this should be used to connect the KIX 300 to your network.

From there HA should auto detect and the pin code can be found in one of the two QR codes on the bottom of the main KIX 300 “hub”.

I now have 5 windows, a co2 sensor, humidity sensor and temperature sensor attached to HA now.

Hi All,

Thanks for a very useful thread, I was pulling my hair out trying to get this working thanks to the less than helpful Velux docs until I read this.
I do have one issue though, I was able to get the controller and CO2 sensor added to the app and then connected to the HA HomeKit Controller, but added my windows later. The windows are not showing up on HA though.
Before I go through the whole process again is anyone able to tell me if there is anything else I can do apart from start again and only do the HomeKit setup after everything is setup on the app? From what I can tell the Homekit Controller integration should be able to detect newly added entities?

Has someone found a way to STOP covers? I want to start the covers moving with the first button press and stop it with the second press, but since the Homekit Integration of KIX/KIG 300 does not accept any kind of stop command thats not possible :frowning:

1 Like

Hi,
I have KIX300, I have a question:

If I go to integrate it with HA using Homekit Controller, than on HA I see only sensors exposed on Homekit or also all other sensors?

I’m asking if I’ll have also:

• lux sensor indoor
  • rain sensor outdoor.

let me know

regards

@soulcrash I just installed a Velux KIG 300 Gateway and added it via the HomeKit Controller integration to HomeAssistant. Same issue here: I can fully close or open the shutters, but I cannot stop them inbetween. Did you find a solution?

EDIT:
I found a position slider, but I did not yet figure out, how to access it via automation.

EDIT 2: there is an easy solution for the slider and the automation:

hi guys

I have a Velux active gateway model NXG01E

I’m trying to add this to homeassistant

I currently have the velux gateway added via homekit to my iphone and i can control the blinds/windows via the homekit app on my phone.

How can i get this to work with homekit.? ive seen some threads on here about getting it going?

I have tried adding homekit controller in HA and then using the Velux Homekit pin but it says it doesnt reconize it

everything is on the same subnet/lan so not sure what im doing wrong?

I think you have to restart the gateway configuration by resetting the device:
hold down the “gear” button on the back for like 30 seconds and when it starts flashing in RED color, then release and push it one more time (shortly) to confirm the reset procedure

only after this will you have a “clean”, unpaired gateway which you can pair with HA (first!) and use it via Homekit integration

1 Like

Is there any way to expose the KLN 300 VELUX ACTIVE departure switch to HA ? I can’t find anything conclusive as to whether the KIX 300 gateway exposes it via HomeKit at all.

why do you need to control a switch?

you can use automations with the entities registered through the gateway, to create scenes like “leaving home close the windows” or something

ok reset it (held down, red light, clicked once - red light stayed on for abit then switch to light blue)

so i think its new/unpaired and clean

How do i then add it to HA ?

after reset took place you should start again gateway config, and during this the gateway will just “pop up” in HA at some point

so

just reboot home assistant and it should just “discover it / pop up” ?