Viessmann Component

Agree, @oischinger definitely deserves a beer.

You should buy the guys maintaining https://github.com/somm15/PyViCare a beer. They’re incredibly active and the HA integration is just making use of their huge efforts recently.

Hello, I found a way the get the missing sensors in HA:

This works for a Vitodens 200-W “B2HF” gazburner to get “burner hours” and “burner starts” sensors in HA

https://github.com/oischinger/ha_vicare/pull/52

RaKa

1 Like

Hi, I played with the new longtime statistics and Home Energy Management.

Here are my template sensors to get the gas consumption. It is still under testing …
Now you can see the sensors on the energy board!

Can we implement the sensors directly into the integration?

configuration.yaml:

## Test with longtime statistic and energy management, 20.09.2021 rkr
## convert kwh gas to m3 with "Zustandszahl" & "Brennwert"
##"Zustandszahl" & "Brennwert" is different in each region, check your gas bill

template:
  - sensor:
      - name: Heating Gas consumption
        unit_of_measurement: "m³"
        device_class: gas
        state_class: total_increasing
        state: >
          {% set zustandszahl = 0.9558 | float %}
          {% set brennwert    = 10.303 | float %}
          {{ ((states('sensor.vicare_heating_gas_consumption_this_year') | float ) / zustandszahl * brennwert ) | round(0) }}
      - name: Hot Water Gas consumption
        unit_of_measurement: "m³"
        device_class: gas
        state_class: total_increasing
        state: >
          {% set zustandszahl = 0.9558 | float %}
          {% set brennwert    = 10.303 | float %}
          {{ ((states('sensor.vicare_hot_water_gas_consumption_this_year') | float ) / zustandszahl * brennwert ) | round(0) }}

Hi @Rakaandro
it seems like the “Zustandszahl” and the “Brennwert” must be entered on the control panel of your viessmann device and is not available on the API.
This means that we need to enter the exact same values to calculate “back” from kWh to m³ on the Home Assistant side. That’s not really the most elegant option to be honest.
I would prefer if HA would allow kWh in the energy panel for gas consumption. I also asked for that on the HA devs discord channel but no response. I’d suggest that we file an issue on github as a feature request first and see if that is possible.

There is already a feature request for gas measurements supporting kWh instead of m³ here (I commented):

1 Like

Hi oischinger, thank you for your great work. Is there a possibility add the circulation pump again? It was removed in one previous version of your integration.
Thank you once again

Hello together,

unfortunately nothing is displayed to me in integration.

I have done the following steps:

1. existing vicare entries in configuration.yaml deleted
  2. reboot
  3. placed the vicare folder in /custom/custom_components/vicare
  4. reboot
  5. add vicare entries in configuration.yaml
  6. reboot

I can only see the entities that were previously visible without oischinger package.
And in the Log i can see that:

“We found a custom integration vicare which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant”

What have i done wrong?

Sorry if it is a simple user error.
Am just about to migrate from OpenHab to HA

thank you in advance

At least if you use the branch config_flow, there must be no entry in configruatrion.yaml.

Since this integration wasn’t dedected automatically for me, I added it manually via Configuration>Integration>Add Integration>Viessmann ViCare and then used the provided GUI for configuration.

I am currently using the latest branch config_flow, but only see four entities. Any ideas?
grafik

My setup:
Home Assistant OS 6.4
core-2021.9.7
supervisor-2021.09.0
Viessmann heatpump Vitocal 300G

I get the following error message:

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: homeassistant.helpers.entity
Source: custom_components/vicare/climate.py:254
Integration: Viessmann ViCare
First occurred: 11:17:54 AM (5 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:21:54 AM

Update for climate.vicare_heating fails
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 446, in async_update_ha_state
await self.async_device_update()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 641, in async_device_update
raise exc
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 52, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/config/custom_components/vicare/climate.py”, line 254, in update
self._current_action = self._circuit.getCompressorActive()
AttributeError: ‘HeatingCircuit’ object has no attribute ‘getCompressorActive’

hi Climb,

before i added again the vicare entries in configuration.yaml,
i checked in integration.
in both cases autmatic and manual vicare were not visible.

for easy auto-config, you need to download from the config-flow branch ( https://codeload.github.com/oischinger/ha_vicare/zip/refs/heads/config_flow )
Drop the vicare folder from that download into config/custom_components/

Restart Home Assistant and go to Integrations, after a minute or 2 you will see a new integration asking to be configured.

When is the water_heater.set_temperature fix planned for integration with HA core? Or should it work already?

water_heater.set_temperature is working for me in the latest config-flow branch.

Thanks for confirmation, that’s what I’ve understood so far as well. So the big question is when it is going to be official :slight_smile:

I’m currently merging this branch with the latest state of vicare in home assistant core. There was a bigger refactoring on the sensors which slowed things down again.
And even if the config flow branch works for most of you I assume thay the process of contributing to Home Assistant will take some time. Usually the reviews are quite thorough and there’s always something to improve :wink:

I’m sorry that I can’t find enough time to speed this up. If anyone has more time and wants to contribute please let me know.

@oischinger dude, take it easy, your efforts on this are way out there…much appreciated. The current config-flow branch is fine… HA will adopt it sooner or later.

Thanks again for maintaining my most used integration!!

Don’t worry, I’m waiting patiently. Highly appreciate your great work on it so far! I can contribute with testing, if needed, as the coding is way beyond my skills already.

Thanks guys, any feedback is really appreciated. If you see issues on the config flow branch that need to be resolved don’t hesitate to create github issues on https://github.com/oischinger/ha_vicare

With such a big change we should be sure that it works fine for different setups before we contribute it upstream to Home Assistant core

1 Like

Hi, the Integration is great.
Is it possible zu integrate the solar sensors from vicare api?