Viessmann Component

Hi @bvm
Is that what you are looking for?: feat: add powerconsumption for heatpump (#277) · somm15/PyViCare@5b81132 · GitHub

If you download “Diagnostic Information” in the HA Vicare integration panel you can check the full API response for your system and look for e.g. “heating.power.consumption.total”. Do the values make sense to you? then we add it as a sensor

Hi.

Thank you for your reply.

The “heating.power.consumption.total” or similar is not available in the Diagnostic Information json file. While I am playing around with the API in Postman I do not find a relevant data point to get the energy consumption for a heat pump.

I see 2 options:

1. Understanding what ViCare Compressor Hours Load Class 1/2/3/4/5 data points actually mean and translating that kwh consumption

2. Leveraging the heating.burners.0.statistics data point but that API does not return any properties…

Looks like for gas consumption it’s easier than for a heat pump… First time anyone tries to do this??

Kind regards

Hello, just added viessman gas heater, and those sensors cant be added in energy configuration (neither gas or eletricity) units seems to be good. Anyone know how to fix it?

1 Like

Hi, there was an issue with HA Core <2022.12

See Vicare mismatch with Energy dashboard · Issue #78413 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Which version are you running?

Home Assistant 2022.12.1
Supervisor 2022.11.2

When adding as individual device tracker it throws:

Unexpected device class:
The following entities do not have the expected device class:

• sensor.vicare_energy_consumption_of_gas_heating_current_day

Tonight was update 2022.12.2 and 2022.12.3 in the morning, but didnt change nothing for me. Still cant add those sensors to energy dashboard.

oischinger, i have only those states, can you or someone confirm that this should be enough to work? (Just waiting for update then)
Don’t need to also have
device_class: energy ?

looks pretty similar… works just fine.

Maybe you added it before bug appear? Can you please check in energy configuration gas dropdown menu if still can choose it there?

I have only electricity sensors there…

Sensors which are allowed to add have
device_class: energy

You’re right that i initially added it many months ago, but it still shows up as available to add (as do the other ViCare gas consumption sensors).

Thanks for checking. Interesting why not working for me, as everything looks same.
Dont want to spam here. Any advice how should i proceed?

This seems to fix it for me, but still need some time to watch if everything is ok :slight_smile:

homeassistant:
  customize:
    sensor.vicare_heating_gas_consumption_current_day:
      device_class: gas
    sensor.vicare_energy_consumption_of_gas_heating_current_day:
      device_class: energy

Everything seems to have stopped working. The integration in HA doesn’t work and it doesn’t even work from the website https://viguide.viessmann.com and the only thing that works is the app on Android. It almost looks like an update was made on the Viessmann side (which the viotguide page reported if I want to reload, that the update took place but at that moment Viessmann also stopped working in HA. The page now looks like this and the integration failed to load in HA:

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: custom_components/vicare/__init__.py:63
Integration: Viessmann ViCare
First occurred: 21:59:48 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 21:59:48

Error setting up entry ViCare for vicare
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 372, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
  File "/config/custom_components/vicare/__init__.py", line 52, in async_setup_entry
    await hass.async_add_executor_job(setup_vicare_api, hass, entry)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/vicare/__init__.py", line 74, in setup_vicare_api
    vicare_api = vicare_login(hass, entry.data)
  File "/config/custom_components/vicare/__init__.py", line 63, in vicare_login
    vicare_api.initWithCredentials(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/PyViCare/PyViCare.py", line 26, in initWithCredentials
    self.initWithExternalOAuth(ViCareOAuthManager(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/PyViCare/PyViCare.py", line 31, in initWithExternalOAuth
    self.__loadInstallations()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/PyViCare/PyViCare.py", line 43, in __loadInstallations
    installations = self.oauth_manager.get(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/PyViCare/PyViCareAbstractOAuthManager.py", line 40, in get
    self.__handle_rate_limit(response)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/PyViCare/PyViCareAbstractOAuthManager.py", line 56, in __handle_rate_limit
    raise PyViCareRateLimitError(response)
PyViCare.PyViCareUtils.PyViCareRateLimitError: (PyViCareRateLimitError(...), 'API rate limit development portal "4507fe32-84fa-4883-b034-24e2567c205e" daily limit exceeded. Max 1450 calls in timewindow. Limit reset at 2022-12-17T00:00:04.876000.')

I recently read in the app that maintenance work is taking place on the servers, which could be the cause.

1 Like

I read on the forum that from 14.12. after the update there was a mass outage of all. Support is solving it and they don’t know where the problem is yet. But it’s weird that the HA integration doesn’t work for me either. I don’t know if it could be related to API call limit being exceeded. Yesterday they brought heating oil to me, so the boiler was turned off for 4 hours, and the question is whether HA then tries to call the API to get data if the boiler is turned off. But that could be answered more by a developer. However, no change in the settings in HA was made and the entity was no longer loaded after switching on the boiler and even after restarting HA.

Well, the integration in HA has finally loaded, so I don’t know what it could be or the limits. If so, it would be good if the application could warn about the limits and calculate them.

Hi @Jiri_Stransky
You were defintively hitting the rate limit (PyViCareRateLimitError)
And you’re right: there was an issue where the Integration was producing a huge amount of requests when the device is offline.
This was however fixed recently.
Please be sure to use the latest version of the custom component or HA.

The ViCare app still works, but to access via Viguide I have the same issue, disappeared , I thought initially they have revoked private accounts from the viguide, but lets hope not.

IS there a way to lower the call-prequency ? I use the app as well, so it does not need to pull as often.

And for a total newbe… does it count as ONE poll, even if all values are collected?

an easy way in HA to adjust the rate ? is that possible?

Easiest way is to disable automatic updates in the integration and set up an automation with a lower polling frequency and the parameters you are really using - I never had a problem since making this change 6+ months ago while before being locked out quite frequently

My example

1 Like