Viessmann Component

After the update I cant get in lovelace the entity

climate.vicare_heating

It should still be there. do you see some ViCare related errors on the log?

I finally created a Pull Request for Home Assistant. Letā€™s see how it goes.

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/26151
https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant.io/pull/10211

1 Like

Thanks Oischinger for the great custom component. Is there a way to get the outside temperature shown in the ViCare app as a sensor in Hass? Or maybe even all other items the api returns as sensors soni can use them in graphs? Thanks

I think for an official integration there is more flexibility needed in this.
The current integration is nice for a gas heating without separate room thermostat.
In my case I have a vitocal heatpump there is no control exept on and of needed for the heating part. Also in my case the temperature shown kn the heating component is the ā€žVorlauftemperaturā€œ / pre heat temperature combined for heating and warmwater.

Maybe itā€™s the right way to collect returned data of different systems. If you show me how(Iā€™m a Linux and Hass beginner) I can provide a set of mine.

For me personal I would use only the water component and it would be nice to have the other data as sensors and maybe an separate on off Control. (Heating will be controlled by separate Knx thermostats)

If there is anything i can contribute let me now.

Thanks again for the great work so far.

@hansomatik

In the official integration I have added some more attributes:
https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/26521
HA 0.99 should be released soon now, so please switch to the release and remove the custom component.

You can use them as sensors with a Template sensor. I guess Iā€™ll write a short blogpost of some useful sensor configurations soon.

More attributes will be added soon. I wanted to start the integration simple.

Perfect! Thanks for your reply

The component was works flawlessly. Thanks for that.

Looking forward to have the rest of the sensor data like in the past back in HA

I wrote a short blog post about how to get some more sensor data out of the integration:

3 Likes

@oischinger:

Thanks for the component, it works perfectly.

Iā€™d love to have the 2 additional attributes for heatingpumps in HA, which are available in the PyViCare library (compressor status and return temperature).

Thereā€™s currently no way of knowing which attributes are supported (by PyVicare/your installation) right now.

The cleanest way to approach this, would be if PyVicare could provide a list of supported attributes. Not sure if thereā€™s a decent way to gather those, but a ā€˜brute-forceā€™ attempt to fetch all known attributes on start-up and filtering those who return null/throw an error might work? But thatā€™s not something youā€™d typically want to do in the HA implementation.

As long as there is a known list of attributes, adding them in the HA component should be trivialā€¦ :slight_smile:

PyViCare currently supports gas heaters and heatpumps. If you want attributes of those specific heaters you would need to configure a type property as gas / heatpump in home assistant. At least thatā€™s what I would expect from the HA component :wink:

@crazyfx1 yeah I was considering introducing a config parameter as well .
It would be useful to know what existing attributes of the current HA component return something other than error for you

Basically every attribute delivers a value, since you are using the generic ā€œPyViCareDeviceā€ which should work for all heating devices.

So what weā€™d need is the above mentioned config parameter. For gas heaters you can provide all properties of the ā€œPyViCareGazBoilerā€ and for heating pumps all properties of ā€œPyViCareHeatPumpā€.
Alternatively you can go without config parameter and prefix the specific properties which return error if the value is not available, thatā€™s fine for me aswell.

I also created a PR for the PyViCare library to provide additional properties for the heat pump and one additional property for all devices: https://github.com/somm15/PyViCare/pull/17

If you could introduce the config parameter and the implementation for the gas heating, Iā€™d gladly provide the heating pump implementation in your component.

Hi, I just upgraded the system to 0.100 and wanted to switch from custom component to integrated one, but I got following error

Package viessmann setup failed. 
Component vicare No module named 'custom_components.vicare'

Any suggestions?

Hi @alop
Did you remove the custom component from the config folder and change the configuration yaml as in the official docs?

@oischinger, Yes, I have change the configuration to the new one and removed the custom component.

vicare:
  username: !secret VICARE_EMAIL
  password: !secret VICARE_PASSWORD

Are you sure there are no style files in pycache or under sensor?
I have no idea why else it should still resolve to custom_components.vicare

I have now even deleted the folders and files that you have mentioned, but no change.

Ok I solved it.
I had to comment out whole component. Restart and after that uncomment and everything was working fine.
I think it was some caching problem.