Viessmann gas heating

i have a Viessmann vitodens 200 gas heating.
this has an interface which runs to a viessmann cloud using a cable and a Dongle. (WLAN-Modul Vitoconnect 100)
in the FHEM community there was a quite active group which made an interface to this system (so the vitoconnect was not used, but the cable was plugged into the Raspberry and could be read like a serial interface…
https://wiki.fhem.de/wiki/Vitotronic_200_(Viessmann_Heizungssteuerung)
or also

is anyone working on somethign like this here ? … or is something like this planned ?

I would also be interested, but integration might be tricky since it can manage advanced setting (heating curve, error report, maintenance cycle, …).

If you mean the integration of a home-made device, it might not be that hard since viessmann use a simple serial communication with the heater and any ESP8266 with a REST interface could be develop and integrate with hass.

The VitoConnect is another thing, not sure there is any API available, maybe Viessmann can give this info directly.

well yes . in a way i mean the integration of a hand made device.
i dont want an access to their Wlan device (vitoconnect) … this doesnt have an api, but rather use their cable (not making it myself) and then using this serial interface.
if i were better in Python i would try myself :slight_smile:

Is any news about it… ? I build my house and i also must use gas heating and now i try find correct heating to i can control it from Home Assistants… Please help me . I want buy good product…

As there is no HA component right now, I tried the OpenV / vcontrold combination for our Vitodens 200-W.

Ordered the ir reader/writer from the openv project and pluged it into my Raspberry Pi. With vcontrold you can read & write the data.
For the interface between vcontrold and HA i use MQTT (two hacked shell scripts for pub & sub). Could also be done with Node-Red.

3 Likes

Maybe this work will help?

https://translate.google.pl/translate?hl=pl&sl=de&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fforum.fhem.de%2Findex.php%2Ftopic%2C86073.105.html%3FPHPSESSID%3Dkbj8aghg8n45g2f0qfbpcktt45

Hi @haip,

could you share your config and the shell scripts? would be great :slight_smile:

Thanks!

this is being followed now in another thread …

1 Like

@dom that other thread uses vitoconnect / vicare, what is still missing is a integration for the non-cloud solution with the old-school usb-to-ir converter and a software daemon like openv or vcontrold.

@haip it would still be great if you could share us your MQTT shell script solution! :slight_smile:

@nicx as the shell script was only a ugly hack, I moved fully over to Node-RED (without MQTT). Only vcontrold, Node-RED & Home Assistant. No need for adding sensors in yaml :slight_smile:.
All is set in the “setze payload” function node…

set payload

msg.entity_id = "sensor.vitodens_"+msg.topic
msg.payload = Math.round(msg.payload * 10 ) / 10;
unitofmeasurement = null;
icon = "mdi:eye";

if (msg.topic == "burner_hours") {
    friendlyname = "Brennerstunden"
    unitofmeasurement = "Stunden"
    icon = "mdi:fire"
}
if (msg.topic == "burner_starts") {
    friendlyname = "Brennerstarts"
    unitofmeasurement = "Starts"
    icon = "mdi:fire"
}
if (msg.topic == "circuit_pump_speed") {
    friendlyname = "Heizkreispumpe"
    unitofmeasurement = "%"
    icon = "mdi:gauge"
}
if (msg.topic == "temp_boiler") {
    friendlyname = "Kessel"
    unitofmeasurement = "°C"
    icon = "mdi:thermometer"
}
if (msg.topic == "temp_boiler_target") {
    friendlyname = "Kessel soll"
    unitofmeasurement = "°C"
}
if (msg.topic == "temp_flow") {
    friendlyname = "Vorlauf"
    unitofmeasurement = "°C"
}
if (msg.topic == "temp_flow_target") {
    friendlyname = "Vorlauf soll"
    unitofmeasurement = "°C"
}
if (msg.topic == "temp_outdoor") {
    friendlyname = "Außen"
    unitofmeasurement = "°C"
}
if (msg.topic == "temp_room_target") {
    friendlyname = "Zieltemperatur"
    unitofmeasurement = "°C"
}
if (msg.topic == "temp_water_storage") {
    friendlyname = "Wasserspeicher"
    unitofmeasurement = "°C"
}
if (msg.topic == "temp_warm_water_target") {
    friendlyname = "Wasserspeicher soll"
    unitofmeasurement = "°C"
}
if (msg.topic == "operating_mode") {
    if (msg.payload === 1) {
        msg.payload = "Nur Warmwasser"
    }
    friendlyname = "Betriebsart"
    icon = "mdi:settings"
}
if (msg.topic == "common_fault") {
    if (msg.payload === 0) {
        msg.payload = "Alles OK"
    } else {
        msg.payload = "Störung"
    }
    friendlyname = "Sammelstörung"
    icon = "mdi:alert"
}

if (unitofmeasurement !== null) {
    msg.payload = {
        data: {
            state: msg.payload,
            attributes: {
                friendly_name: friendlyname,
                unit_of_measurement: unitofmeasurement,
                icon: icon
            }
        }
    }
} else {
    msg.payload = {
        data: {
            state: msg.payload,
            attributes: {
                friendly_name: friendlyname,
                icon: icon
            }
        }
    }
}

return msg;

wow thanks for that great overview, but anyway, I dont use nod-red and I even dont want to use it in future :wink: Thanks for that!

Last week I migrated my home assistant related python scripts to a mqtt self-hacked-solution in docker, so I dont need to do anything in HA, too.

@haip

Thanks for your little tutorial. I am currently also facing the problem and came across this thread.
I find the solution very elegant because the plugins in other distributions don’t really do anything else.

But I have a mistake somewhere. Could you export and deploy your flow?

I also fail because Node-RED cannot find the “vclient”. it is installed and I can also control it via the CLI only not via NR.

greetings
Oeda

Could you share your node-red flow? I would love to get communication with OpenV from node-red.

Really great work.
I’d also like to ask for your Node-Red flow export if possible please. Would make the implementation easier by far. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Just for completeness: For those using a Vitoconnect and the ViCare app there is a HA integration available:

@nicx @Oeda @DaBrave

MQTT Version
Home Assistant API was not as reliable as MQTT. Thats why I changed from HA API back to MQTT.

Node-RED flow:

[{"id":"ba274593.eb9c3","type":"exec","z":"8de0db91.dbfb8","command":"vclient -h 127.0.0.1 -f /home/pi/vito.cmd -t /home/pi/vito.tmpl","addpay":false,"append":"","useSpawn":"false","timer":"20","oldrc":false,"name":"vclient","x":300,"y":100,"wires":[["f34067e1.c39208"],["66732856.e60e78"],[]]},{"id":"f34067e1.c39208","type":"split","z":"8de0db91.dbfb8","name":"","splt":"\\n","spltType":"str","arraySplt":1,"arraySpltType":"len","stream":false,"addname":"","x":510,"y":50,"wires":[["9044195b.488ba8"]]},{"id":"9044195b.488ba8","type":"switch","z":"8de0db91.dbfb8","name":"wenn status=OK","property":"payload","propertyType":"msg","rules":[{"t":"cont","v":"status=OK","vt":"str"}],"checkall":"true","repair":false,"outputs":1,"x":680,"y":50,"wires":[["cbb84867.abb29"]]},{"id":"cbb84867.abb29","type":"split","z":"8de0db91.dbfb8","name":"","splt":"|","spltType":"str","arraySplt":"1","arraySpltType":"len","stream":false,"addname":"","x":860,"y":50,"wires":[["170227b9.3c4628"]]},{"id":"97ae585c.1581a","type":"change","z":"8de0db91.dbfb8","name":"setze Topic, Payload","rules":[{"t":"set","p":"topic","pt":"msg","to":"payload.1","tot":"msg"},{"t":"set","p":"payload","pt":"msg","to":"payload.2","tot":"msg"}],"action":"","property":"","from":"","to":"","reg":false,"x":600,"y":100,"wires":[["8ec8fcdd.60f3f8"]]},{"id":"170227b9.3c4628","type":"join","z":"8de0db91.dbfb8","name":"zusammenfügen","mode":"custom","build":"object","property":"payload","propertyType":"msg","key":"parts.index","joiner":"\\n","joinerType":"str","accumulate":false,"timeout":"","count":"","reduceRight":false,"reduceExp":"","reduceInit":"","reduceInitType":"num","reduceFixup":"","x":1040,"y":50,"wires":[["97ae585c.1581a"]]},{"id":"cd133edc.60bda","type":"switch","z":"8de0db91.dbfb8","name":"prüfe Wert","property":"payload","propertyType":"msg","rules":[{"t":"btwn","v":"19","vt":"num","v2":"25","v2t":"num"}],"checkall":"true","repair":false,"outputs":1,"x":395,"y":425,"wires":[["8c3004c3.4c433"]]},{"id":"5a6a38d3.0d37a","type":"switch","z":"8de0db91.dbfb8","name":"prüfe Wert","property":"payload","propertyType":"msg","rules":[{"t":"eq","v":"Abschaltbetrieb","vt":"str"},{"t":"eq","v":"Nur Warmwasser","vt":"str"},{"t":"eq","v":"Heizen und Warmwasser","vt":"str"}],"checkall":"true","repair":false,"outputs":3,"x":395,"y":300,"wires":[["a09878fa.c88378"],["12533f04.caa781"],["7e08c4e3.01300c"]]},{"id":"b6cbe550.280828","type":"exec","z":"8de0db91.dbfb8","command":"vclient -h 127.0.0.1","addpay":true,"append":"","useSpawn":"false","timer":"","oldrc":false,"name":"vclient set raumtemp","x":800,"y":425,"wires":[["aa62a5ce.359838"],["3ff58df1.966782"],[]]},{"id":"12533f04.caa781","type":"exec","z":"8de0db91.dbfb8","command":"vclient -h 127.0.0.1 setBetriebsartTo1","addpay":false,"append":"","useSpawn":"false","timer":"","oldrc":false,"name":"vclient set mode 1","x":790,"y":300,"wires":[["aa62a5ce.359838"],["3ff58df1.966782"],[]]},{"id":"7e08c4e3.01300c","type":"exec","z":"8de0db91.dbfb8","command":"vclient -h 127.0.0.1 setBetriebsartTo2","addpay":false,"append":"","useSpawn":"false","timer":"","oldrc":false,"name":"vclient set mode 2","x":790,"y":350,"wires":[["aa62a5ce.359838"],["3ff58df1.966782"],[]]},{"id":"1f828981.683936","type":"inject","z":"8de0db91.dbfb8","name":"Intervall 2m","topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","repeat":"120","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"x":120,"y":100,"wires":[["ba274593.eb9c3"]]},{"id":"66732856.e60e78","type":"change","z":"8de0db91.dbfb8","name":"setze Topic","rules":[{"t":"set","p":"topic","pt":"msg","to":"[Node-RED] (stderr) exec vclient get","tot":"str"}],"action":"","property":"","from":"","to":"","reg":false,"x":595,"y":150,"wires":[["8cb1fcbd.0941c8"]]},{"id":"3ff58df1.966782","type":"change","z":"8de0db91.dbfb8","name":"setze Topic","rules":[{"t":"set","p":"topic","pt":"msg","to":"[Node-RED] (stderr) exec vclient set","tot":"str"}],"action":"","property":"","from":"","to":"","reg":false,"x":1120,"y":400,"wires":[["f65ba7e4.eaec5"]]},{"id":"aa62a5ce.359838","type":"change","z":"8de0db91.dbfb8","name":"setze topic","rules":[{"t":"set","p":"topic","pt":"msg","to":"[Node-RED] (stdout) exec vclient set","tot":"str"}],"action":"","property":"","from":"","to":"","reg":false,"x":1120,"y":350,"wires":[["d7e37a5e.5648f"]]},{"id":"ebfe7dd7.96d54","type":"mqtt out","z":"8de0db91.dbfb8","name":"vcontrold","topic":"","qos":"","retain":"true","broker":"9fdfaef3.5aff18","x":1310,"y":100,"wires":[]},{"id":"d7e37a5e.5648f","type":"debug","z":"8de0db91.dbfb8","name":"","active":false,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"false","x":1320,"y":350,"wires":[]},{"id":"f65ba7e4.eaec5","type":"debug","z":"8de0db91.dbfb8","name":"","active":false,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"false","x":1320,"y":400,"wires":[]},{"id":"8cb1fcbd.0941c8","type":"debug","z":"8de0db91.dbfb8","name":"","active":false,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"false","x":1320,"y":150,"wires":[]},{"id":"ba79eec2.9aebd","type":"mqtt in","z":"8de0db91.dbfb8","name":"setze RaumSollTemp","topic":"vcontrold/setzeraumnormalsolltemp","qos":"0","datatype":"auto","broker":"9fdfaef3.5aff18","x":150,"y":425,"wires":[["cd133edc.60bda"]]},{"id":"8a439c8b.511c18","type":"change","z":"8de0db91.dbfb8","name":"setze Topic Prefix","rules":[{"t":"set","p":"topic","pt":"msg","to":"\"vcontrold/\" & topic","tot":"jsonata"}],"action":"","property":"","from":"","to":"","reg":false,"x":1015,"y":100,"wires":[["ebfe7dd7.96d54"]]},{"id":"8ec8fcdd.60f3f8","type":"change","z":"8de0db91.dbfb8","name":"lösche Payload","rules":[{"t":"delete","p":"rc","pt":"msg"},{"t":"delete","p":"parts","pt":"msg"},{"t":"delete","p":"status","pt":"msg"}],"action":"","property":"","from":"","to":"","reg":false,"x":805,"y":100,"wires":[["8a439c8b.511c18"]]},{"id":"c9edc887.d3f918","type":"mqtt in","z":"8de0db91.dbfb8","name":"setze Betriebsart","topic":"vcontrold/setzebetriebsart","qos":"0","datatype":"auto","broker":"9fdfaef3.5aff18","x":130,"y":300,"wires":[["5a6a38d3.0d37a"]]},{"id":"a09878fa.c88378","type":"exec","z":"8de0db91.dbfb8","command":"vclient -h 127.0.0.1 setBetriebsartTo0","addpay":false,"append":"","useSpawn":"false","timer":"","oldrc":false,"name":"vclient set mode 0","x":790,"y":250,"wires":[["aa62a5ce.359838"],["3ff58df1.966782"],[]]},{"id":"c0641354.cd0d8","type":"switch","z":"8de0db91.dbfb8","name":"prüfe Wert","property":"payload","propertyType":"msg","rules":[{"t":"btwn","v":"50","vt":"num","v2":"60","v2t":"num"}],"checkall":"true","repair":false,"outputs":1,"x":395,"y":500,"wires":[["a6559749.c5e548"]]},{"id":"ebf381e1.3f6c08","type":"exec","z":"8de0db91.dbfb8","command":"vclient -h 127.0.0.1","addpay":true,"append":"","useSpawn":"false","timer":"","oldrc":false,"name":"vclient set warmwassertemp","x":820,"y":500,"wires":[["aa62a5ce.359838"],["3ff58df1.966782"],[]]},{"id":"e8517dd7.83d888","type":"mqtt in","z":"8de0db91.dbfb8","name":"setze WarmwasserSollTemp","topic":"vcontrold/setzewarmwassersolltemp","qos":"0","datatype":"auto","broker":"9fdfaef3.5aff18","x":170,"y":500,"wires":[["c0641354.cd0d8"]]},{"id":"8c3004c3.4c433","type":"template","z":"8de0db91.dbfb8","name":"setze Vorlage","field":"payload","fieldType":"msg","format":"handlebars","syntax":"mustache","template":"'setTempRaumNormalSoll {{payload}}'","output":"str","x":580,"y":425,"wires":[["b6cbe550.280828"]]},{"id":"a6559749.c5e548","type":"template","z":"8de0db91.dbfb8","name":"setze Vorlage","field":"payload","fieldType":"msg","format":"handlebars","syntax":"mustache","template":"'setTempWarmwasserSoll {{payload}}'","output":"str","x":580,"y":500,"wires":[["ebf381e1.3f6c08"]]},{"id":"9fdfaef3.5aff18","type":"mqtt-broker","z":"","name":"Mosquitto","broker":"192.168.8.41","port":"1883","clientid":"Node-RED","usetls":false,"compatmode":false,"keepalive":"60","cleansession":true,"birthTopic":"vcontrold/status","birthQos":"0","birthRetain":"true","birthPayload":"online","closeTopic":"vcontrold/status","closeQos":"0","closeRetain":"true","closePayload":"offline","willTopic":"","willQos":"0","willRetain":"false","willPayload":""}]

vito.cmd

getTempAussen
getTempVorlaufSoll
getTempVorlauf
getTempKesselSoll
getTempKessel
getHeizkreisPumpeDrehzahl
getBrennerStarts
getBrennerStunden
getTempWarmwasserSoll
getTempWasserSpeicher
getSammelstoerung
getBetriebsart
getBrennerStatus
getTempRaumNormalSoll

vito.tmpl

status=$E1|aussentemp|$1
status=$E2|vorlaufsolltemp|$2
status=$E3|vorlauftemp|$3
status=$E4|kesselsolltemp|$4
status=$E5|kesseltemp|$5
status=$E6|heizkreispumpe|$6
status=$E7|brennerstarts|$7
status=$E8|brennerstunden|$8
status=$E9|warmwassersolltemp|$9
status=$E10|wasserspeichertemp|$10
status=$E11|sammelstorung|$11
status=$E12|betriebsart|$R12
status=$E13|brennerstatus|$R13
status=$E14|raumnormalsolltemp|$14

vclient is installed in the PATH (/usr/local/bin/vclient)

Home Assistant automations
grafik

- id: '1578843693638'
  alias: 'Input: vcontrold aktualisiere Raumsolltemperatur'
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - platform: mqtt
    topic: vcontrold/raumnormalsolltemp
  condition: []
  action:
  - data_template:
      option: '{{ trigger.payload | round (0) }}'
    entity_id: input_select.vcontrold_setzeraumnormalsolltemp
    service: input_select.select_option

- id: '1583611170145'
  alias: 'Input: vcontrold aktualisiere Warmwassertemperatur'
  trigger:
    topic: vcontrold/warmwassersolltemp
  action:
  - data_template:
      option: '{{ trigger.payload | round (0) }}'
    entity_id: input_select.vcontrold_setzewarmwassersolltemp

- id: '1578844162160'
  alias: 'Input: vcontrold aktualisiere Betriebsart'
  trigger:
    topic: vcontrold/betriebsart
  action:
  - data_template:
      entity_id: input_select.vitowifi_setbetriebsart
      option: '{% if trigger.payload == "0" %}Abschaltbetrieb {% elif trigger.payload
        == "1" %}Nur Warmwasser {% elif trigger.payload == "2" %}Heizen und Warmwasser
        {% endif %}'
    entity_id: input_select.vcontrold_setzebetriebsart

- id: '1583581603709'
  alias: 'Input: vcontrold setze Raumsolltemperatur'
  trigger:
  - entity_id: input_select.vcontrold_setzeraumnormalsolltemp
    platform: state
  action:
  - data_template:
      payload: '{{ states(''input_select.vcontrold_setzeraumnormalsolltemp'')}}'
      retain: false
      topic: vcontrold/setzeraumnormalsolltemp
    service: mqtt.publish

- id: '1583610827163'
  alias: 'Input: vcontrold setze Warmwassertemperatur'
  trigger:
  - entity_id: input_select.vcontrold_setzewarmwassersolltemp
  action:
  - data_template:
      payload: '{{ states(''input_select.vcontrold_setzewarmwassersolltemp'')}}'
      topic: vcontrold/setzewarmwassersolltemp

- id: '1583582442942'
  alias: 'Input: vcontrold setze Betriebsart'
  trigger:
  - entity_id: input_select.vcontrold_setzebetriebsart
  action:
  - data_template:
      payload: '{{ states(''input_select.vcontrold_setzebetriebsart'')}}'
      topic: vcontrold/setzebetriebsart

And the MQTT sensors :slight_smile:

name: vcontrold_aussentemp
  state_topic: "vcontrold/aussentemp"
  availability_topic: "vcontrold/status"
  value_template: "{{ value | round(1) }}"
  unit_of_measurement: '°C'
  device_class: temperature

name: vcontrold_vorlaufsolltemp
  state_topic: "vcontrold/vorlaufsolltemp"
  value_template: "{{ value | round(0) }}"

name: vcontrold_vorlauftemp
  state_topic: "vcontrold/vorlauftemp"

name: vcontrold_kesselsolltemp
  state_topic: "vcontrold/kesselsolltemp"

name: vcontrold_kesseltemp
  state_topic: "vcontrold/kesseltemp"

name: vcontrold_betriebsart
  state_topic: "vcontrold/betriebsart"
  value_template: >
    {% if value == '0' %} Abschaltbetrieb
    {% elif value == '1' %} Nur Warmwasser
    {% elif value == '2' %} Heizen und Warmwasser
    {% elif value == '3' %} Dauernd Reduziertbetrieb
    {% elif value == '4' %} Dauernd Normalbetrieb
    {% endif %}
  icon: mdi:settings

name: vcontrold_raumnormalsolltemp
  state_topic: "vcontrold/raumnormalsolltemp"

name: vcontrold_warmwassersolltemp
  state_topic: "vcontrold/warmwassersolltemp"

name: vcontrold_wasserspeichertemp
  state_topic: "vcontrold/wasserspeichertemp"

name: vcontrold_brennerstarts
  state_topic: "vcontrold/brennerstarts"
  unit_of_measurement: 'Starts'
  icon: mdi:fire

name: vcontrold_brennerstatus
  state_topic: "vcontrold/brennerstatus"
  unit_of_measurement: '%'

name: vcontrold_brennerstunden
  state_topic: "vcontrold/brennerstunden"
  unit_of_measurement: 'Stunden'
2 Likes

@haip. Im working on a viessmann on nodered too …

Could you be so kind and share your Nodered flow ? It would do my work much easier :frowning:

Greetings,
Snot

@Snotmann
Look in my post above, its there :slight_smile:

Hello all,
I am trying to understand if this integration can help me with my setup.
I have a Vitodens 200-W without the cloud connection (Vitoconnect), I have 5 TRV, and what I need to reduce even more the energy consumption is the possibility to turn off the water pump of the heater when all my TRVs are idle/off and not necessitating to heat the radiator. I’ve seen that when all rooms reached the requested temperature and close the “input” the radiator still receives a minimum of hot water that keeps it warm, wasting energy in this way.
So, do I need to buy a 400€ Vitoconnect to do this and with that connection I am able to do that or a DIY module can permit me to reach my goal?
Statistics about consumption are okay, but I don’t really need them, so I prefer the more effective way to solve my problem.
Thank you all for any advise in this direction.
Best,
Michele

You may want to look at the activity in this thread. Although I haven’t tried it yet, I’m getting sick of the Vitoconnect instabilities and may venture forth soon.