Viessmann gas heating

i have a Viessmann vitodens 200 gas heating.
this has an interface which runs to a viessmann cloud using a cable and a Dongle. (WLAN-Modul Vitoconnect 100)
in the FHEM community there was a quite active group which made an interface to this system (so the vitoconnect was not used, but the cable was plugged into the Raspberry and could be read like a serial interface…
https://wiki.fhem.de/wiki/Vitotronic_200_(Viessmann_Heizungssteuerung)
or also

is anyone working on somethign like this here ? … or is something like this planned ?

I would also be interested, but integration might be tricky since it can manage advanced setting (heating curve, error report, maintenance cycle, …).

If you mean the integration of a home-made device, it might not be that hard since viessmann use a simple serial communication with the heater and any ESP8266 with a REST interface could be develop and integrate with hass.

The VitoConnect is another thing, not sure there is any API available, maybe Viessmann can give this info directly.

well yes . in a way i mean the integration of a hand made device.
i dont want an access to their Wlan device (vitoconnect) … this doesnt have an api, but rather use their cable (not making it myself) and then using this serial interface.
if i were better in Python i would try myself :slight_smile:

Is any news about it… ? I build my house and i also must use gas heating and now i try find correct heating to i can control it from Home Assistants… Please help me . I want buy good product…

As there is no HA component right now, I tried the OpenV / vcontrold combination for our Vitodens 200-W.

Ordered the ir reader/writer from the openv project and pluged it into my Raspberry Pi. With vcontrold you can read & write the data.
For the interface between vcontrold and HA i use MQTT (two hacked shell scripts for pub & sub). Could also be done with Node-Red.

2 Likes

Maybe this work will help?

https://translate.google.pl/translate?hl=pl&sl=de&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fforum.fhem.de%2Findex.php%2Ftopic%2C86073.105.html%3FPHPSESSID%3Dkbj8aghg8n45g2f0qfbpcktt45

Hi @haip,

could you share your config and the shell scripts? would be great :slight_smile:

Thanks!

this is being followed now in another thread …

1 Like

@dom that other thread uses vitoconnect / vicare, what is still missing is a integration for the non-cloud solution with the old-school usb-to-ir converter and a software daemon like openv or vcontrold.

@haip it would still be great if you could share us your MQTT shell script solution! :slight_smile:

@nicx as the shell script was only a ugly hack, I moved fully over to Node-RED (without MQTT). Only vcontrold, Node-RED & Home Assistant. No need for adding sensors in yaml :slight_smile:.
All is set in the “setze payload” function node…

set payload

msg.entity_id = "sensor.vitodens_"+msg.topic
msg.payload = Math.round(msg.payload * 10 ) / 10;
unitofmeasurement = null;
icon = "mdi:eye";

if (msg.topic == "burner_hours") {
    friendlyname = "Brennerstunden"
    unitofmeasurement = "Stunden"
    icon = "mdi:fire"
}
if (msg.topic == "burner_starts") {
    friendlyname = "Brennerstarts"
    unitofmeasurement = "Starts"
    icon = "mdi:fire"
}
if (msg.topic == "circuit_pump_speed") {
    friendlyname = "Heizkreispumpe"
    unitofmeasurement = "%"
    icon = "mdi:gauge"
}
if (msg.topic == "temp_boiler") {
    friendlyname = "Kessel"
    unitofmeasurement = "°C"
    icon = "mdi:thermometer"
}
if (msg.topic == "temp_boiler_target") {
    friendlyname = "Kessel soll"
    unitofmeasurement = "°C"
}
if (msg.topic == "temp_flow") {
    friendlyname = "Vorlauf"
    unitofmeasurement = "°C"
}
if (msg.topic == "temp_flow_target") {
    friendlyname = "Vorlauf soll"
    unitofmeasurement = "°C"
}
if (msg.topic == "temp_outdoor") {
    friendlyname = "Außen"
    unitofmeasurement = "°C"
}
if (msg.topic == "temp_room_target") {
    friendlyname = "Zieltemperatur"
    unitofmeasurement = "°C"
}
if (msg.topic == "temp_water_storage") {
    friendlyname = "Wasserspeicher"
    unitofmeasurement = "°C"
}
if (msg.topic == "temp_warm_water_target") {
    friendlyname = "Wasserspeicher soll"
    unitofmeasurement = "°C"
}
if (msg.topic == "operating_mode") {
    if (msg.payload === 1) {
        msg.payload = "Nur Warmwasser"
    }
    friendlyname = "Betriebsart"
    icon = "mdi:settings"
}
if (msg.topic == "common_fault") {
    if (msg.payload === 0) {
        msg.payload = "Alles OK"
    } else {
        msg.payload = "Störung"
    }
    friendlyname = "Sammelstörung"
    icon = "mdi:alert"
}

if (unitofmeasurement !== null) {
    msg.payload = {
        data: {
            state: msg.payload,
            attributes: {
                friendly_name: friendlyname,
                unit_of_measurement: unitofmeasurement,
                icon: icon
            }
        }
    }
} else {
    msg.payload = {
        data: {
            state: msg.payload,
            attributes: {
                friendly_name: friendlyname,
                icon: icon
            }
        }
    }
}

return msg;

wow thanks for that great overview, but anyway, I dont use nod-red and I even dont want to use it in future :wink: Thanks for that!

Last week I migrated my home assistant related python scripts to a mqtt self-hacked-solution in docker, so I dont need to do anything in HA, too.

@haip

Thanks for your little tutorial. I am currently also facing the problem and came across this thread.
I find the solution very elegant because the plugins in other distributions don’t really do anything else.

But I have a mistake somewhere. Could you export and deploy your flow?

I also fail because Node-RED cannot find the “vclient”. it is installed and I can also control it via the CLI only not via NR.

greetings
Oeda

Could you share your node-red flow? I would love to get communication with OpenV from node-red.

Really great work.
I’d also like to ask for your Node-Red flow export if possible please. Would make the implementation easier by far. Much appreciated.

Just for completeness: For those using a Vitoconnect and the ViCare app there is a HA integration available: