Viessmann - ViCare Power consumption heat pump

Hi,

I am using the official ViCare integration to get data of my heat pump into HA.

Everything works fine, but it would be great to see the power/electricity as a sensor. When I download the diagnostics I see values (heating.power.consumption.summary.heating).

Would it be possible to expose these?

I would also like to integrate it in the HA Energy configuration as and “Individual Device” which requires kWh.

Thanks for your help.

Same here…

Yes - would like to add my Viessman to home assistant to monitor energy.

Whats new?

I am also not getting the values, but upon reviewing the integration code and pyvicare I don’t understand why not…
@oischinger do you know why we don’t see the energy consumption sensors of our heat pump devices?

these values should be available if your device is detected properly as a heatpump in case you selected heating type “auto” or when you set type “heatpump”.

I suggest to check the vicare logs at HA startup. It prints which sensors were properly detected

@oischinger I can confirm the problem having the latest versions of HA installed. The problem occurs if the device is configured as heatpump or auto.
The log finds the total power consumption but gives an attribute error:
“Attribute Error ViCare Power consumption this week”

Would love to assist in fixing this issue but would need assistance. Can you give me advice?
Should I open a bug so I can attach my log file?

I am a software developer but new to homeassistant.

Kind regards
Christian

Hi, anything new? I have the same problem

Beside the error regarding the power consumption, I receive a similar error for the “power production” sensor:

2023-05-02 18:02:46.416 DEBUG (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.components.vicare.sensor] Found device ViCare Power production current
2023-05-02 18:02:46.416 DEBUG (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.components.vicare.sensor] Attribute Error ViCare Power production current

Would love to assist in fixing these issues - unfortunately I am only a user a not a developer.

I just used python to play with the PyViCare module directly. When querying the power consumption for my heating I get an PyViCareNotSupportedFeatureError. The problem seems to be in PyViCare directly. I conclude that my heating model CU401B_G simply does not support this feature even though I can see the power consumption on the display of the heating controller. I will see if I can file a bug at the PyViCare module.

I have done some investigation on the Features endpoint by Viessmann’s API. Turns out, they do not expose the Power Consumption Heatpump Endpoints for the scopes we are using for ha_vicare. So unfortunately, no data points until Viessmann rethinks their restrictive product policies

I wrote an email to the Viessmann developers two days ago with my arguments why this would be helpful. Let us see if we bought the heatpumps at the right vendor :wink:

Before I found out about the API I started to hack the Viessmann serial protocol directly with my Raspberry Pi. Would be nice to know if the service protocol provides these parameters. Guess this would be a giant step back but it could work.

1 Like

Did you ever get a response from them? Anything new regarding this topic? I can see the power consumption in the ViCare mobile app.

Hi. I’d also be thrilled to get this into my HA setup and wonder if / what they replied.

If I buy one of the api-packeges - do i see / can do more in HA?
Or are those features not implemented yet?

Packages and pricing | Viessmann Developer

According to the API documentation https://documentation.viessmann.com/static/iot/data-points the datapoints regarding the power consumption (like " heating.power.consumption.total") should be all available in the (free) Basic tier. So we should theoretically be able to get the relevant data from the API for free into Home Assistent. Seems to be a Bug in the Integration.

1 Like

I have no idea how, but I see everything i wanted to know now in HA

And I can now set/enable/disable heating. Cool!

I still got this issue.

My heat pump was recently delivered, so I am still new to the Vicare app. But in the app I can see the electrical consumption per week. I cannot see this in HomeAssistant. Below a part of the debug logging.

The device itself: Vitocal 200-S
HomeAssitant recognizes the device as: CU401B_S

2023-10-11 13:14:57.687 DEBUG (SyncWorker_4) [homeassistant.components.vicare.sensor] Found device ViCare Energy consumption today
2023-10-11 13:14:57.687 INFO (SyncWorker_4) [homeassistant.components.vicare.sensor] Feature not supported ViCare Energy consumption today
2023-10-11 13:14:57.688 DEBUG (SyncWorker_8) [homeassistant.components.vicare.sensor] Found device ViCare Power consumption this week
2023-10-11 13:14:57.688 DEBUG (SyncWorker_8) [homeassistant.components.vicare.sensor] Attribute Error ViCare Power consumption this week
2023-10-11 13:14:57.689 DEBUG (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.components.vicare.sensor] Found device ViCare Energy consumption this month
2023-10-11 13:14:57.689 DEBUG (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.components.vicare.sensor] Attribute Error ViCare Energy consumption this month
2023-10-11 13:14:57.690 DEBUG (SyncWorker_6) [homeassistant.components.vicare.sensor] Found device ViCare Energy consumption this year
2023-10-11 13:14:57.690 DEBUG (SyncWorker_6) [homeassistant.components.vicare.sensor] Attribute Error ViCare Energy consumption this year

Hi!
The debug message Feature not supported ... came from PyViCare and means the Viessmann API did not include this feature in the data json. I also have a Vitocal 200-S/CU401B_S and see statistics about the power consumption in the ViCare-App but not in HA.

I wrote the austrian Viessmann support yesterday why this values are missing…

While wating for an answer:

• Apparently some people get the values via the API!? Did you may have the Viessmann Smart-Meter installed? I only use the one from my PV-Inverter (Growatt).
  • I think I read it somewhere: The power consumption in ViCare are no real values but rather calculated ones from the load hours. Maybe there is a way to calculate it by our self. I looked for consumption data in the user manual but couldn’t find anything related. Any ideas?

I had a discussion (in German) at the Viessmann community board: Betreff: Energy consumption for Viessmann heat pum... – Seite 2 - Viessmann Community
I asked a Viessmann stuff member whether there is a technical reason why some values are not sent via the API, or whether there are commercial interests behind it. No answer is also an answer.
I missed the answer. Seems only heatpumps with a integrated Wifi-Modul get the data.