Vimar By-Me / By-Web integration

I remember that someone had a problem regarding sporadic disconnects and a non-responsive VIMAR web server when using this integration - but I can’t find that post anymore (not sure if here or on github, or per email…)

anyways, I think this only occures if you share a single user for HA and your own web server logins. Therefore to anybody who encountered similar problems: Please make sure to use a separate Vimar user for this integration, because the web server may just close a connection when the same user is logged in from different locations.

I had the canche to test today (I’m not always here, As I live in another zone).
I noticed that when STOP pressed, at least the led turn on, so at least a signal of some sort it arrives.

I played with the group “Blinds Act.” device parameters with no success: I have the following:

• deactivation delay: 005 s
  • Scene on Del.: 005 s
  • Command on Del.: 000 s

Would you mind to share yours in case?
Thank you!
SR

I am not sure about the correct english names, as my system is setup in german. so I’ll list them in the order as they are show:

device parameters of the blind:

• deactivation delay: 180s
  • activation on del: 0s
  • command on del: 0s
  • operating mode: normal
  • sleep duration: 70ms
    DSC_4508

device parameter of the push button:

• operating mode: cover device (in german: “schaltgerät rolll.”)
    DSC_4511

is there a way to go from the stantard version, without losing anything, to the hacs version?

Hi Pod, to pass to the HACS version you can follow the steps in the GitHub repository at this link:

Marco

Hello to all.
I have recently added two new components to my vimar system

They are two components that allow you to track consumption
The first (01456) is a current sensor
The second (01452) is a pulse counter

These two components are not recognized correctly.
01456 is recognized correctly but does not update.
01452 is not recognized.

---------01456---------

Row000006: '98400','potenza_attiva','-1','0.01' #current consumption is 0.01 kWh

This is the value correctly recognized by HA but which is not updated. If I turn on the dishwasher (Lavastoviglie) in the vimar web server, the “potenza attiva” value changes but in HA it does not.

---------01452---------

the log:

2021-09-30 08:43:07 DEBUG (SyncWorker_3) [custom_components.vimar.vimarlink.vimarlink] Unknown object has states: 
{
'contatore_assoluto': {'status_id': '102467', 'status_value': '104','status_range': 'min=0|max=4294967295'},  
'contatore_parziale':{'status_id': '102469', 'status_value': '15', 'status_range': 'min=0|max=4294967295'},
'reset_to_value': {'status_id': '102472', 'status_value': '0', 'status_range': 'min=0|max=4294967295'}, 
'reset_history': {'status_id': '102474', 'status_value': '0', 'status_range': 'min=0|max=1'},
'frequenza_impulsi': {'status_id': '102476', 'status_value':'0', 'status_range':'min=-2147483648|max=2147483648'},
'divisore': {'status_id': '103644', 'status_value': '1', 'status_range': ''}, 
'moltiplicatore': {'status_id': '103646', 'status_value': '100', 'status_range': ''}}

contatore assoluto = absolute counter. total pulses received
contatore parziale = partial counter. pulses since the last reset
reset_to_value = initial value to count from
reset_history = reset history
frequenza_impulsi = pulse frequency
divisore = divisor: value by which to divide the partial counter
moltiplicatore = multiplier: value by which to multiply the partial counter

In my opinion, the important values to have HA read are:
“partial counter”
“divider”
“multiplier”
In the screenshot above you can read the value of 1500. It is the result of the multiplication between the partial counter and the multiplier (15x100).

thanks for the detailed report. There is already an open issue on github regarding energy consumption trackers. I hope this will help me find a solution.

Ask me everything you need. I am happy to help you :wink:

right before this message, there should be a warning like: “Unknown object returned from web server…”
can you tell me what it has found there?
and are those object names different for the two different devices?

2021-10-07 00:59:02 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [custom_components.vimar.vimarlink.vimarlink] Unknown object returned from web server: CH_Contatore_Volume_Acqua_Fredda_Litri / Acqua

This.
Is the name given by the web server to the pulse counter.
I use it to count water consumption. But it can also be used for gas, current, wind, and anything else that has a pulse output.

If you restart HA, does the state in HA is set to the correct value according to the vimar webserver?

I added a new version - unfortunatelly I cannot test the energy or impulse counter. let me know if they show up correctly.
also let me know if they can finally be added to the energy tab.

the pulse counter is not yet recognized

no.
I noticed strange behavior.
The sensor is only updated when I open the web server page or the vimar by-me app.

Even in the web server, the sensor is only updated when I update the page. I think it’s very strange behavior.
In the global consumption page (blue circle) the value is updated in real time but in the pages of the single loads (red circle) this does not happen

You have the load control?
What version of the web server do you use?
I mount the 2.8 but I will try to update to 2.10. Maybe it’s a bug …

EDIT:
updated to version 2.10 but nothing has changed :frowning:

i do have 2.10 but i do not have a pulse counter or load control device.

it seems the web server/app is sending another request to get the updates for those devices, which i do not have yet. I would need a full request log of that load page of the web server, and given that many devices, it will be a lot to look into :frowning:

another thing: do you use two different vimar users (for the HA integration and to login to the web server directly)? it is possible that, if you use the same user, it will lose the connection from HA until you send another command.

I don’t think I understand what you need …

I have a specific user to access the webserver from home assistant

Hello guys

I have a little problem with my system Vimar by-me integrating to Apple HomeKit.

The first association everything worked normal but in the meantime I changed my home router and the association disappeared.

When I tried to make the association, I was told in the Vimar application that the association was made and they would not let me add it.

How i cand remove/delete the association and add it back to Vimar app?

Hello,

I have a Problem with my blinds. I´ve integradted all Vimar-Devices into has, and ist works lights and shutters. But I can´t find the blinds. Can you you explain me the problem and how I can solve this?

Additional, I have an alarm-system from Vimar, too, it´s named “by alarm”. Is it possible to integrate too?

Please give me an reply, thanks a lot!
Thomas

i tried to integrate alarms, but there is hardly a chance i can finish this.

regarding blinds: you can enable debug logging for vimar integration (check the github repository on how to do this) and see if there are any devices found, that could not be recognized. usually blinds and shutters are supported - but each device series may have to be added to the pattern.

Hi Andi,

I´ve checked the Protokoll with debugging and I´ve found the blinds which I´m looking for.

How can I integrate these?

i just added the new type and pushed a new version