Vimar By-Me / By-Web integration

the temperature that you see in the overview is the current room temperature, right?

the current temperature is the one indicated on the web server and the one called ā€œattualeā€ on the home assistant. the one indicated with the largest characters is the desired one

mmh. unfortunatelly i do not have a fan - i donā€™t know how to test this.
i meant the 20.3 Ā°C in your video is the current roomt temperature - this cannot be changed.

the fan speed seems to work. the current temperature is correct. when I change the desired temperature the thermostat should start the heating. however this does not happen. it doesnā€™t seem to send the start command.
before the update a week ago it works fine

Hi guys Iā€™m tring to connect Home Assistant to my Vimar By Web. I tried both with public host and with private ip address but iā€™m not able to connect themā€¦Can you help me?
I know that is better to connect with public ip since I already use it for the app and itā€™s more safe but i think i have some problems with certificates. When I try to connect with browser I always receive this message since I already download the certificate from the platform.

there are logs of private ip connection

If you prefer to write me directly to help me please send me an email: [email protected]

Thank you so much

if the vimar webserver and the home-assistant is located in the same network it is ok to use the internal/private ip (like 192.168ā€¦)

did you try the different config examples on the github page:

like - leaving the directive certificate: empty

vimar_platform:
  username: your-login-user
  password: your-login-password
  host: IP-OR-HOSTNAME
  certificate:

the integration is only setting the target (e.g. heat or cold), the mode (manual or automatic) and the target temperature. the actual heating/cooling command, always comes from the vimare device itself.

e.g. if it is targeting heat, the temperature is set manually to 25 Ā°C and the current temperature is less than that - it should start heating.

I have changed a lot of different parts in that damn climate platform, all due to different experiences from different devices. I really sorry - but unless you know the exact version you upgraded from, I wonā€™t be able to fix that without breaking it for others :frowning:

I donā€™t know what version it is but I was able to recover this integration from an old backup. Here the climate works well.

old vimar integration

1 Like

I tried all apart from certificate: blank. Do you suggest to delete also the CA file in the folder?

I use this configuration

if it doesnā€™t work try to generate the certificate file again under the general network settings in the webserer

just click on the tick and the web server restarts generating the new certificate.

if you leave it blank (no text after certificate: at all) and there is no file in the vimar platform folder, the Integration should download it automatically during start.
you can check if the file is available in your case by opening this in your browser:

https://192.168.0.100/vimarbyweb/modules/vimar-byme/script/rootCA.VIMAR.crt

what version does your web server run on?

Iā€™m running Web-Server version 2.8.0.

I checked the name of the Vimar folder and itā€™s different from /vimar_platform.
Could be a problem? I clone it from GitHub.
I prefer to connect it with private ip (192.168.x.x) and I set the configuration.yaml it in this way:

#VIMAR
vimar_platform:
username: -----------
password: -----------
host: 192.168.0.100
schema: http
port: 80

the schema: http will probably not work - because the vimar webserver will always try to forward requests to https - this option is only there if you have a reverse proxy that will terminate the ssl connection on its own.

the directory unter custom_components should be vimar_platform
I am not yet sure if this is a must for all integrations, or if I can add something to the code that would allow a different name there.

Andi,

I donā€™t know if you are aware of it, or if itā€™s just mine integration, but the vimar thermostat temperature shown in HA is synchronized with HA only if I login to the webserver and go to the climate section: this force the webserver to read the stat on the thermostat (when it says ā€œsync with the device on goingā€). Any way to force to update the shown/read temp automatically periodically?

Thanks a lot
Stefano

Guys did you see some delay in your Vimar implant after installing this plug-in? Iā€™m experiencing some delay (1-2s) with some lights. Like if the bus is busy. Tell me if you know how to fix it.

I havenā€™t noticed anything like this yet. The integration also does not directly communicate with the bus. it only connects to the webserver and requests an update every 6 seconds (iirc). so the only reason I could think of right now, that would send updates to the bus, would be some misguided automation that keeps updating values.

does the delay vanish if you stop HA? how many entities do you have in your project?

I am sorry that I didnā€™t respond earlier - just noticed your message right now.

I am aware of the problem with the thermostat - another user (see above pod) already sent me an earlier verison of the integration that does work well for him. unfortunatelly I didnā€™t have time to check on that yet.

I have 90 entities between light, buttons and termostats (on vimar webserver). Iā€™ve to check if stopping the HA integration itā€™s solve. Let me try tomorrow. If I can share others info let me know.

Just to inform you guys if you perform the same problem try to disconnect the by web server for 1-2 days. In my case it solved the problem. Now everything is smooth and working well. Is this integration available also through HACS?

working on the HACS stuff right now. there is a hacs.json already thanks to a contributer.