Vimar By-Me / By-Web integration

How can I move from standard configuration to HACS one?

I also suggest to use in the HACS description ‘By-Web/By-Me’ in the title since many user search for it instead of ‘Vimar’

Please follow the directions on https://hacs.xyz/ for how to install the community store.

if you already have made lots of customizations and automations using the vimar entities - you may look at the upgrade warning here:

I had to change the overall domain name (from vimar_platform to vimar) and restructure the source a little bit to be compatible.

I want to update the integration, how do I do that?

did you customize or automated the vimar entitites within home-assistant a lot? if so and if you don’t want to do that again, please backup your HA installation and follow the instructions on the link above.

otherwise you can start fresh by:

• removing the vimar_platform: settings from your configuration
  • restart HA
  • remove all vimar_platform entities from home-assistant settings > entitities
  • add your config again under vimar:
  • download the zip package from github, extract just the vimar directory into your custom_ components folder and remove any vimar_platform folder you had there before
  • restart HA

while typing this, I realize that this procedure may be quite complicated for normal users. i am still waiting for HACS to add my repository to the community store, which should make it easier to install for new users. also it is unlikely that an upgrade like this will be required any time in the future again.

Hi guys,

I’m newbie about HA, and I wish to buy some sensors that works in WiFi and without battery, for my house, like:

PIR ( movement )
Temperature
Humidity

But I didn’t have any vimar system domotics.
Anyway i like to have sensors in wallbox, near to switch light in wifi, without battery.

You think that is possible use these vimar sensor in this way ?

Or needed anyway a vimar domotics system anyway?

I am not sure. what is vimar domotics?

this is integration only connects the vimar web server with home-assistant - it does not communicate with the vimar BUS in any way. so it only “sees” the devices that are recognized in the web server.

I see, infact if a buy a vimar sensor, to put into wall box, needed a vimar webserver, but not extra hardware/device, like vimar hub.

So needed a vimar webserver in windows i see in vimar webserver ( but i use raspberry with HA ), and vimar sensor, connected to vimar webserver, than connected to HA, right ?

still not sure if we understand us correctly.

the vimar web server is quite a pricy device: Product Catalogue - Domotics - devices: Web server By-me - R01945 - Surface mounting equipments - Vimar energia positiva
or
Product Catalogue - Domotics - devices: Home automation web server Light By-me - R01946 - Surface mounting equipments - Vimar energia positiva

I think I realize the word “domotics” on the vimar website for the first time now. so to answer your previous question: yes, if you want to use this integration, you will need that domotics system. (meaning the webserver)

In first thanks for reply

So no solution. I see that there are few Vimar zigbee products, but are switch, so no sensor.

I’m looking for a good solution for my house, but vimar isn’t the way i guess.

I hate battery devices, and there isn’t any sensor with power cable,easy to mount in wallbox or wall :frowning:

@h4de5 Have you seen Vimar released the 2.9 version for the webserver? Have you already tested-it?

Another thing; I don’t know if you have noticed that via webserver (and then on the integration), the windows-blind commands have 3 buttons: open, stop, close.

Stop does not work; in fact the phisical buttons do not have a “stop” button: in order to stop the window from opening/closing, you have to push the opposite command.

Do you think you can work any sort of workaround on the integration, to let the stop works?

Thanks again for the precious work and support!

no, i do not have testet v2.9 yet. I’ll have a look at the changes, but unless they actually fix something, I think I’ll stay at what I currently have.

the stop buttons do work for me (both on the web server and the integration). the physical buttons send a different signal when you click them only for a short period, so even if you open the covers, and press open again, they should stop.

Interesting. Maybe it depends on the type of motor connected. I don’t remember if pressing the same action would act as stop, but I beleive not. Perhaps could be some sort of setting on the button/rele’ itself, inside Vimar knx bus hub

on your vimar control panel (where you create your automations / groups) it should be possible to define settings like for how long you need to press a up/down button until a up/down signal is sent. maybe there is something similar to adapt.
besides that, yes i agree - there are different covor motors and cover controls from vimary that do have different functionalities. but stop should a function that is available on all of them.

in regards of a workaround i am afraid i cannot do much, if it does not work on the web server. the integration only mimics the same api calls from the web server’s gui. so it does not have amy direct access to the bus.

Hi all, in my case, for the HA automation to work correctly, I have to send e.g. to open and stop 3 commands: open, stop and then open again (after the delay I want for the opening), like this:

action
  - service: cover.close_cover
    target:
      entity_id:
        - cover.cucina
        - cover.soggiorno
  - delay:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 0
      seconds: 1
      milliseconds: 0
  - service: cover.stop_cover
    target:
      entity_id:
        - cover.cucina
        - cover.soggiorno
  - delay:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 0
      seconds: 5
      milliseconds: 0
  - service: cover.close_cover
    target:
      entity_id:
        - cover.soggiorno
        - cover.cucina

I remember that someone had a problem regarding sporadic disconnects and a non-responsive VIMAR web server when using this integration - but I can’t find that post anymore (not sure if here or on github, or per email…)

anyways, I think this only occures if you share a single user for HA and your own web server logins. Therefore to anybody who encountered similar problems: Please make sure to use a separate Vimar user for this integration, because the web server may just close a connection when the same user is logged in from different locations.

I had the canche to test today (I’m not always here, As I live in another zone).
I noticed that when STOP pressed, at least the led turn on, so at least a signal of some sort it arrives.

I played with the group “Blinds Act.” device parameters with no success: I have the following:

• deactivation delay: 005 s
  • Scene on Del.: 005 s
  • Command on Del.: 000 s

Would you mind to share yours in case?
Thank you!
SR

I am not sure about the correct english names, as my system is setup in german. so I’ll list them in the order as they are show:

device parameters of the blind:

• deactivation delay: 180s
  • activation on del: 0s
  • command on del: 0s
  • operating mode: normal
  • sleep duration: 70ms
    DSC_4508

device parameter of the push button:

• operating mode: cover device (in german: “schaltgerät rolll.”)
    DSC_4511

is there a way to go from the stantard version, without losing anything, to the hacs version?

Hi Pod, to pass to the HACS version you can follow the steps in the GitHub repository at this link:

Marco

Hello to all.
I have recently added two new components to my vimar system

They are two components that allow you to track consumption
The first (01456) is a current sensor
The second (01452) is a pulse counter

These two components are not recognized correctly.
01456 is recognized correctly but does not update.
01452 is not recognized.

---------01456---------

Row000006: '98400','potenza_attiva','-1','0.01' #current consumption is 0.01 kWh

This is the value correctly recognized by HA but which is not updated. If I turn on the dishwasher (Lavastoviglie) in the vimar web server, the “potenza attiva” value changes but in HA it does not.

---------01452---------

the log:

2021-09-30 08:43:07 DEBUG (SyncWorker_3) [custom_components.vimar.vimarlink.vimarlink] Unknown object has states: 
{
'contatore_assoluto': {'status_id': '102467', 'status_value': '104','status_range': 'min=0|max=4294967295'},  
'contatore_parziale':{'status_id': '102469', 'status_value': '15', 'status_range': 'min=0|max=4294967295'},
'reset_to_value': {'status_id': '102472', 'status_value': '0', 'status_range': 'min=0|max=4294967295'}, 
'reset_history': {'status_id': '102474', 'status_value': '0', 'status_range': 'min=0|max=1'},
'frequenza_impulsi': {'status_id': '102476', 'status_value':'0', 'status_range':'min=-2147483648|max=2147483648'},
'divisore': {'status_id': '103644', 'status_value': '1', 'status_range': ''}, 
'moltiplicatore': {'status_id': '103646', 'status_value': '100', 'status_range': ''}}

contatore assoluto = absolute counter. total pulses received
contatore parziale = partial counter. pulses since the last reset
reset_to_value = initial value to count from
reset_history = reset history
frequenza_impulsi = pulse frequency
divisore = divisor: value by which to divide the partial counter
moltiplicatore = multiplier: value by which to multiply the partial counter

In my opinion, the important values to have HA read are:
“partial counter”
“divider”
“multiplier”
In the screenshot above you can read the value of 1500. It is the result of the multiplication between the partial counter and the multiplier (15x100).