Viomi S9 robot vacuum integration

So I’ve got a Viomi S9 robot vacuum and while I’m happy with its own app interface and notifications, I figured I can get even more out of it via integration with HA. After a couple of months of playing around, here’s what I’ve managed to achieve.

1. Ditch the mihome app as I have (almost) complete control and visibility of the vacuum via HA mobile app.
    a) mobile vacuum dashboard

b) Changing clean type to rooms, zone or point

c) Changing clean mode to vacuum, vacuum & mop or just mop

d) Changing vacuum and mop options (relevant options are shown depending on clean mode)

2. Advanced mobile (and watch!) notifications

a) Summary of stats upon job completion including map screenshot (so I can see if the vac missed any area)

b) Daily vacuum reminder - sent at 1pm only if I haven’t run the vacuum in the morning (bonus - I can start the cleaning right from the notification!)

3. Given that the HA dasboard is accessible via web, I now have full control and visibility of the vacuum on my desktop (unlike the native Viomi interface which is app only)

4. I own a Google Nest Hub which is also integrated with HA so I can now access the same UI on it too instead of the default basic vacuum UI. I have also created an automation helper that will cast the vacuum dashboard to the Nest Hub (if its not playing other media) every time a cleaning job starts so I can monitor the cleaning process.

5. Speaking of automation, I also have an automation helper that will change the clean mode (i.e. vacuum or mop) automatically when the mop pad is physically installed/removed. IMHO, this is the most useful feature out of all the above as I can simply install/remove the pad and say “Hey Google, start the vacuum” knowing that the right job will run! (Before this, I almost always forget to change the mode in the app before hitting the start button)
3 Likes

Can you share all the steps and flows to get this integrations? what integrations do you have used. althought i can get the map, i was unable to send to a specific area.

thank you in advance