Viron Astral Pool ChlorinatorGo integration

This s great! Feel free to link this into the Halo’s Readme! Or if you are feeling keen, see whats involved in getting this direct into the intergration itself :smiley:

1 Like

36 hours and BT hasn’t gone offline yet - something may have been fixed??

Unfortunately it isn’t fixed yet. With the cloud outage yesterday though, mine didn’t suffer the BLE Hangup all day except from the night before.

Although short of power cycling my halo, I found you could goto the BLE pair mode, then cancel, will brings the BLE online again. (Since we couldn’t connect to cloud)

Love this!! Thank you so much!!
Quite timely for me as my pool seems to go through periods of guzzling Acid until I get some buffer in there.

1 Like

Any idea if the Viron EQ35 tracks acid dosing?

Good call, thanks! I’ll update the code and repo.

Once you’ve created your Lovelace card, Click the Cumulative Acid Dosed entity and use the slider to set the value.
I don’t like the slider, so I’d be happy to learn of another way to do it.

1 Like

Thanks, yeah I’ll add it to the Readme, but building it into the integration is way beyond my skillset unfortunately.
Feel free to use the code/logic if you would like to include it though!

Rather than the slider, I used developer tools to set the value of that state. The issue is after a restart, it seems to revert to 0?

Figured it out - suggest you remove the initial: 0 from the configuration.yaml. That way it retains values after restart.

1 Like

Ah cool, thanks for the debug.
I did consider that initial value, but was assured by my AI assistant that it would not reset to zero at startup.
Appreciate your help :+1:

Also, yep - halo went “Unavailable” at 6am today. Same bluetooth issue as usual.

That’s interesting, mine also went unavailable at about the same time.
06:37am Sydney time.

Mine was 6:47am sydney time. Coincidence??? Let’s keep monitoring

Mines been online for 19hours so far. Didn’t go offline like you guys this morning.

Alas, the EQ doesn’t report anywhere near the amount of information as the Halo.

1 Like

Ah. Bummer. Thanks for confirming.

Definitely seems to be going offline MUCH less than before.

Only change I’ve made is added an automation to tell me when it goes Unavailable. I wonder if the automation is fixing the issue? Ie, since it queries the halo so often it somehow keeps the BT alive?

The automation isn’t querying the halo. It’s only triggered when the state goes to unavailable.

But, there’s no apparent pattern. I’ve had 48 hours with no hangup, and as short as 5/10 minutes.

1 Like

BTW, in case anyone with an Astral Viron eQuilibrium Chlorinator is looking for instructions on how to update the firmware on their chlorinator, someone very kindly got them from a contact at Astral and shared them here - Updating Firmware on Astral Viron EQ Chlorinator - Pools - Home - Whirlpool Forums

1 Like

I created a shared G-Sheet to track Halo’s Bluetooth drop-outs.
Trying to see if there is any pattern or commonality between the frequencies or anything.

Please add your own here:
Astral Halo Bluetooth Disconnect Tracker

I used the Home Assistant Logbook to filter for the entity sensor.hchlor_info_message, and Ctrl-F for the ‘unavailable’ status.

@zappoo , @nagyOUT - FYI

1 Like