Visonic Powermax and Powermaster Component

That’s really good news, thankyou for trying it and letting us all know. Could you (and anyone else that tries it) let me know the Mode it gets to please. To do this, open the Developer Tools, States panel. Look at the Entity “alarm_control_panel.visonic_alarm” and tell me what the Attribute “Mode:” is set to. It will hopefully be “Standard”, “Standard Plus” or “Powerlink”. It is also possible for it to be set to “Download”, “Starting” or “Unknown”, if it’s one of these 3 then wait 5 minutes or so and look again please.

• “Unknown” should be replaced very quickly after HA starts to one of the other settings
  • “Starting” is running through startup and making the connection to the panel, again very quick.
  • “Download” is the mode whilst downloading the panels EPROM. “Downloading” should also be displayed on the panel display itself
  • The other 3 I explain on my Github page

Since you can now arm without the code you must have at least got to “Standard Plus”. I’m really interested to see how much better or worse my reworked startup method is (compared to versions 0.1.X).

I forgot to ask, did you get anywhere with triggering the alarm using a relay?

Hey, So when I start HA it goes:

Mode: Download

Then quickly after it switches to
Mode: Powerlink

and my device is shown correctly:

Power Master: Yes
Model Type: 53
Model: PowerMaster30

On the alarm relay, I have a working prototype, however I am in the middle of renovating my office (building server cabinet / new desk) so all my tools & things are packed away. once I finish I will get it completed… the other part I was waiting for has arrived as well (a 12v to 5v), so can now pull straight from the 12v in the alarm instead of running new wires.

I configured the new version and performed a system reboot. The panel showed a communication interruption (somewhat expected), but soon entered the download mode, which persisted until I cleared the fault on the alarm panel. The alarm panel then transitioned to the standard plus mode and was perfectly functional with HA.

I then performed an ‘HA server restart’, which resulted in the panel cleanly entering Powerlink mode. It might be my imagination, but opening and closing the front door seems more responsive. That is, before the update to 0.2.0, it seemed like repeated open/close events would sometimes result in a lag in state change when going from open to close. In addition, disarming a pending arm command now seems more responsive.

So, from my point of view, the new version is either a definite change in the direction of goodness, or my imagination is running wild. For now, I’m disregarding any notion of it being my imagination.

Great work, Dave.

I think I might’ve stumbled on a problem. A while back, I commented out the exclude_sensor configuration parameter. This evening, I tried to configure it back to exclude my unused sensor channels. After an HA Server reset, the activity stalls at the download state. Here’s the error in the system log:

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
2:28 AM helpers/entity_platform.py (ERROR) - message first occured at 2:28 AM and shows up 16 times

Log Details (ERROR)

Tue Jun 11 2019 02:28:11 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 357, in _async_add_entity
raise HomeAssistantError(msg)

homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: switch.visonic_x07. Platform visonic does not generate unique IDs

Ah yes, I already know about that one. It’s because I have no way of deleting the Entities out of HA before I recreate them and I want them called the same name for my automations and scripts. If anyone can tell me how to remove entities from within a Component using Python then I can fix this, until then we’re stuck with these exceptions. I should maybe add this to the readme description on Github.
In your specific case though, it’s an X10 switch device that’s causing an exception, it is not an unused sensor. I assume that it all still works though, you should just be able to ignore these exceptions.

I’m not so sure it can be ignored. I waited a reasonable amount of time for the alarm panel to transition from download to an operational mode. Ultimately, I commented out exclude_sensor and exclude_x10.

Perhaps I’m not understanding what exclude means in the context. I’m taking it to mean exclude the numbered devices from being registered. I have no x10 devices, so I want the entire class excluded.

I’ll try some scenarios, but the component doesn’t seem to be happy with (at least) exclude_sensor being in the configuration file.

The only way I think that I can help is if you capture and upload a log file for me to look through, remember to set the “logger” settings as per my description on the Github page please.

Thanks for the reply, Dave.

I’ll try to get some data to you by the weekend.

Hi Dave,

Very happy with the 0.20 version, as far as i can see, standard plus mode works perfectly and is a nice enhancement on the standard mode. I dont really see why i would need powerlink mode.

nice update Dave!
Mine is in download mode at the moment but after a bit of time will surely be in powerlink mode :slight_smile:

thanks!

Updated to 0.2.0 seems to work fine for me as well. Not that i had any problems with V0.1.x :slight_smile:

quick question, i now have all the x10 devices added, i dont use any x10 items, so do i need to exclude_x10 [0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15] so they dont get added to HA?

Thanks for all the hard work on this.

Ah yes, I’ve been experimenting a bit with setting up X10 devices and I was trying to grab their status (and whether they are enabled in the panel) while in “Standard” mode. It looks like that’s not going to work so I’ll revert back to only setting up X10 if we get to “Standard Plus” or “Powerlink” modes. I’ve got a few more things to look at so I’ll not upload an update to Github yet.
So yes, until then you’ll need to exclude all X10 devices using the config exclude_x10, sorry.

OK so I’ve uploaded version 0.2.1, fixed the X10 issue and a couple more things.

Funny story in a geeky sort of way :wink: We had a familly birthday and while we were out of the house one of the helium balloons triggered the PIRs :blush:, this set the alarm off and HA informed me of course, I have cameras in and around the house so I checked them and worked out what had happened. When I got home and looked at the HA log file, I realised that I hadn’t accounted in the code for an alarm siren to time out after the panel time out time. Luckilly I had debug logging set so I could see that there are no messages from the panel to tell me when the siren actually stops. Until I returned home the status in HA was “triggered” and “siren sounding”, when I got home and Disarmed the alarm it didn’t quite set the alarm status in HA correctly so I think I’ve fixed it. I can’t really test it as it would mean setting the alarm off for a long time and the neighbours would probably get upset. :grin::laughing:

Anyway, let me know of any problems with 0.2.1

I just rebooted HASS.IO a couple of times. In both instances, the alarm panel trips a fault (Powerlink communication lost). The first time, I manually intervened by resetting the panel. The second time, things seem to resolve after about 3-1/2 minutes. I did get this system message:

[handle_msgtypeA7] A7 message contains too many messages to process : 255 data=ff fc 00 60 00 ff 00 0c 00 00 43

7:00 PM custom_components/visonic/pyvisonic.py (WARNING)

I have a log file with a yaml extension, but it seems only image files can be uploaded.

If you use 7zip, winzip or winrar to create a zip file, this will make the file small enough. If you then change the extension to jpg you should be able to upload that. Just tell me what you do so I can do the opposite to get the file.
I have seen that A7 message before but never on my own panel, always on someone elses. I have to admit that I have no idea how to decode that A7 message, that’s why I use a Warning statement for the log file. I would be interested in seeing the log file please to see if I can work out what it means and what’s happening.

I have zipped the file, and changed the extension to jpg. The forum software tries to handle it like a graphic image:

Sorry, but we couldn’t determine the size of the image. Maybe your image is corrupted?

I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong, or if the forum upload policy setting has been further restricted for security reasons.

Try changing the extension to “yaml” and uploading it

Ugh. :worried:

Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is not authorized (authorized extensions: jpg, jpeg, png, gif).

Could you not put the logs on pastebin or similar and just share the link?