Visonic Powermax and Powermaster Component

Assuming you have a functional integration, there’s also the Attribute field of Entity alarm_control_panel.visonic_alarm

These are found under Developer Tools > States. For my system, it’s conveniently at the top of the list.

I’m running 2021.1.5 and have a functional integration (I think) yet I only get Panel Mode & Protocol Version. Been looking up and down attribute list for 10mins and cannot see Client version.

I’ll try via the logger next.

Thanks guys

Client Version is near the bottom of the list (fourth from the bottom on my system).

Checked 142 lines again. No sign of it!

1 Like

Oh yeah, I’d forgotton that I’d added the Client Version Attribute, Doh :wink:

Try going to developer tools and states and then do Control-F for search/find and type client, that should do it.

I won’t say a thing. :shushing_face:

@davesmeghead Many thanks. I’m running core-2021.1.5 and have been updating on a reasonably regular basis since you updated the integration to be via the UI. I must admit I hadn’t appreciated it was only via the UI now and the code in configuration.yaml hadn’t complained until the most recent update you posted. I followed your suggestion and removed from configuration.yaml, rebooted and the existing integration definition works fab, no problems at all, so I didn’t need to remove the integration and re-install. Thanks once again.

Yeah, done that and drawn a blank. :confused:

I’m running HA on a RPi on the basis of keeping things simple. I’m on Version 2021.1.5, OS 5.10, so all up to date.
Is it possible that you big boys running HA on different platforms are seeing something different to those of us on humble hardware versions?
I ask because I had a hell of a job finding Dave’s Visonic integration a few weeks ago. @pocket tried to help at the time. Not in HACS, Not in Add Ons, found the option in Configuration/Integrations where it now is showing, along with HACS Integrations. Beats me why there are 3 locations for downloading stuff! 2 maybe.

Anyway, cutting to the chase, I have another damn fool follow up question.
Assuming I don’t have latest version because it doesn’t notify me (Integration wasn’t on HACS, as I say) and since an update is available with some more functionality. How do I update to 0.6.4.0?
I’m assuming I don’t have to download and substitute the contents of the zip file as that would totally negate the convenience of having the Integration. Delete & re-install?

Again, sorry if my questions appear dumb but a RPi Hassio install seems to be slightly different to other OS installs

Can you take a screen grab of the developer tools → states showing alarm_control_panel.visonic_alarm

I’m intrigued, this is what mine looks like:

As for the rest you’ll need someone elses help, I run mine in docker on a synology NAS.

Full disclosure: I’m running a Supervised installation and have yet to move to HA OS, so any advice comes with some uncertainty.

I would go ahead with a delete and reinstall from the Integration UI. If necessary, make some notes of your current configuration. If you used configuration.yaml for the Visonic configuration, clear or comment those entries. Perform a Server restart and check your configuration to ensure there are no vestiges of any previous installation. Sift through your /config directory and check your Entities to see if there’s any hint of the integration. Check your system log to see if there’s anything worrisome. You might see some entries for missing attributes if you’re using history or recorder, but those will resolve when you reintegrate. If all looks OK, try the re-installation and perform another Server restart. From there, you might need to update to a later version of the integration (Dave: correct?). That would be by manually moving files or by using HACS.

Fingers crossed.

Attributes in full of my entity:- (Reposted to make legible)

The version that you are running is when I first started looking at splitting the integration to make a pypi library and seperating out the versions; one for the client integration and one for the low level protocol. The reason that you don’t have a Client Version shown is that I didn’t set it as an attribute at that time, but the protocol version is showing as 1.0.2 which is a couple of months out of date now.
The latest protocol version on Github is 1.0.4.1 (I’m showing 1.0.4.2 as that’s what I’m testing in my own production environment), the client version is 0.6.4.1 which is also a HACS release.

The fact that it’s a few months out of date is irrelevant, the problem that you seem to have is how to update this custom integration to the latest version within your system. But that is the step that I’m not much help with.
Did you install using HACS?
If so then remove and reinstall through HACS.
If not then how did you do it. Did you download a zip file and unzip the files straight in to the /config directory? You should be able to simply replace the files by downloading again from Github (and make certain that you don’t have a visonic entry in your configuration.yaml file).

Hi Dave,

I’m moving all my IoT things to a new vlan, so the USR-TCP232 got a new IP address. Because of this i needed to reinstall the component/integration. When trying to add it again i cannot complete the setup:

I keep getting the error: User input malformed…Already deleted HACS, Reinstaled the integration, serveral reboots…

edit:

Ok there is something wrong with the form: In “List of triggers for Home Assistant Notifications” Connection Problems and Siren Sounding is already filled, however if you use the drop down menu, nothing is selected. Once I actually selected something, it worked.

I tried to move from configuration.yaml to the integration. It just does not work. When I try to open the integration again, it says I need to wait for it to finish installing.

So I removed the old data from configuration.yaml. Restarted. Did not work. Then reinstall the integration. restart. And now it works.

Hi Dave,
Good news:-
A re-install via the HACS route, adding the github page for the integration to HACS, looks to have upgraded the configuration to the latest version. A spin off is that I’ve answered my own question about knowing what version I’m on - simply click on the information option in the drop down menu in the Visonic HACS tile…

and Bad:-
Adding back ‘Visonic Intruder Alarm’ via Configuration–>Integrations produces the tile but with 1 device & 1 entity, not my 22. This entity is alarm_control_panel.visonic_alarm which appears momentarily in Developer Tools —> States every approx 10 seconds before disappearing after a second or so.

I’m thinking the problem is with the client and port settings I’m putting into the Visonic Intruder Alarm Integration setup. Client is IP address of the ethernet module and port is webserver port I’m assuming - probably wrongly given the outcome.

I’ll take a look at that thanks, I assume that it’s not setting the default values properly

Ah no. The webserver port is 80 and that just lets you connect to the device using chrome/firefox or whatever browser you use. When you configure the USR-TCP232-E2 you will configure a different port number for it to use with the rs232 connection, preferably 1024 or higher. That is the port to use with this integration.
EDIT: As you’ve had this integration working before you should know the port number, you must have had this set before.

An updated release to 0.6.4.4 as follows:
Bugfixes to the Schema for integration configuration (the defaults for the List of triggers for notifications)
Changed watchdog, it now looks for 10 problems within a 24 hour period.
It used to just count 10 problems and then go to standard mode.
The configuration.yaml file is no longer supported, please remove the configuration from the file.

It is also a HACS release.

Any problems then let me know
:slight_smile:

I’ve successfully hooked up my old PowerMax+ alarm system using this component - great work!

I would like to be able to trigger the alarm from Home Assistant (non-Visonic sensors that should also trigger the alarm), is this possible?
I have tried with an automation with the action:

action:
  service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_trigger
  entity_id: alarm_control_panel.visonic_alarm 

This works for other alarm entities but not with the Visonic one… Any pointers?

you need a donate link!

It has been asked before…

:slight_smile: