Visonic Powermax and Powermaster Component

hi again - the trouble message has never recurred - it’s been synchronising solidly since yesterday AM. I tried a different siren trigger - panic button - and got the notification through HA! But triggering via violating a zone whilst armed doesn’t generate the same response (albeit to me it looks the same in the logs). If this is a panel config issue i’m sorry - but here’s a log just in case: 2021-04-19 18:25:15 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.visonic.pyvisonic] === - Pastebin.com

Thankyou v much again - the integration is awesome!!
UPDATE
So - it seems it was a panel issue - I changed " 10:ABORT TIME" under Operating Mode in the Installer Options from 30 seconds to 00 seconds - panic is emergency so doesn’t fall under it according to the info in the installer manual:

The PowerMaster can be configured to provide a delay before reporting an alarm to
the monitoring station (not applicable to alarms from FIRE, 24H SILENT,
EMERGENCY, GAS FLOOD and TEMPERATURE zones). During this delay period,
the external siren will not sound and the alarm is not reported. If the user disarms the
system within the delay time, the alarm is aborted.

in any case - the notifications are working perfectly now - just in case it helps anyone else with a similar issue!

I’m really pleased that you worked it out because I couldn’t. Looking through your logs I could see it working except for the panel message that says that the alarm has triggered and that the siren is sounding. I had forgotton about that panel setting, it is listed as “Abort Time” as an attribute of the alarm entity in HA and when I first saw it and looked up its meaning I thought that it may be useful so I kept it as an attribute so we could see it. That was a few years ago and I’ve since forgot about it :slight_smile:

Thanks for your patience and for all the log files
Dave
:slight_smile:

EDIT: I’ve created a Tips and Tricks section on the wiki and added this, look here

1 Like

Hi, i try to do this integration. But i have some problems. Actually i just have this in developpement tools :

disarmed code_format: number
changed_by: None
code_arm_required: true
Panel Mode: Standard
Protocol Version: 1.0.6.0
Watchdog Timeout (Total): 0
Watchdog Timeout (Past 24 Hours): 0
Download Timeout: 0
Panel Last Event: None
Panel Last Event Data:
Zone: 0
Entity: null
Tamper: false
Siren: false
Reset: false
Time: ‘2020-01-01T00:00:00.0’
Count: 0
Type:
Event:
Mode:
Name:

Panel Alarm Status: None
Panel Trouble Status: None
Panel Siren Active: false
Panel Status: Désarmé
Panel Status Code: Disarmed
Panel Ready: No
Panel Alert In Memory: No
Panel Trouble: No
Panel Bypass: No
Panel Status Changed: No
Panel Alarm Event: No
Panel Armed: No
Power Master: No
Panel Model: Unknown
Panel Type: null
Model Type: 0
Client Version: 0.6.6.0
Exception Count: 0
friendly_name: Visonic Alarm
supported_features: 7

I just see if the porwermax pro is armed or disarmed. I can’t see my sensor.

PrtScr capture_4

Logger: homeassistant.components.binary_sensor
Source: custom_components/visonic/pyvisonic.py:970
Integration: Capteur binaire (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 15:29:21 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 15:29:21

• Error adding entities for domain binary_sensor with platform visonic
  • Error while setting up visonic platform for binary_sensor

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 322, in async_add_entities await asyncio.gather(*tasks) File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 390, in _async_add_entity device_info = entity.device_info File “/config/custom_components/visonic/binary_sensor.py”, line 131, in device_info “model”: self.visonic_device.getSensorType(), File “/config/custom_components/visonic/pyvisonic.py”, line 940, in getSensorType return self._decodeSensorType(self.stype) File “/config/custom_components/visonic/pyvisonic.py”, line 970, in _decodeSensorType s = s.lower() AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘lower’

Could you help me please ?

Hi,
As you are using version 0.6.6.0 then I assume that you are using HACS?
I have just released the current version on Github as a formal release so HACS users should update.

If you are not using HACS, then please update to the latest version from Github.

Let me know if you get it working. If it still does not work then create a debug log file and upload it to pastebin please and I’ll take a look through. Have you just started using this integration?
Also, you can check out the wiki for more help here

Hi @davesmeghead , yes i’m on HACS.
It’s ok with the new update except for one pid sensor out of the two that does not come up…I don’t know why …I will try to change the battery. Do I have to do the integration again ? Or will it go back up by itself?
This is my log : https://pastebin.com/HuDV22WP

Now i try tu put it in Lovelace too…

Another question, i don’t understand the “override User Code” option ?

Ah, I’m sorry but I should have said, can you set your logger settings like this on the wiki please and upload another log file.

No, just restart the integration or restart all of HA

You don’t need to worry about it until you get the integration working, see here and here on the wiki for more details.

:slight_smile:

Evening - the sync with HA ceased for the first time today (solid for 5 days prior) - just restarting at the mo - I’ve stuck a log file here just in case you’re curious or it helps: 2021-04-22 17:32:05 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.visonic.pyvisonic] [ha - Pastebin.com

Thanks v much :slight_smile:

Quick update - after restart (i stopped HA, installer mode in panel and back out - waited a cpl of mins and restarted HA) there seems to be a fair old amount extra in the log before getting powerlink - it did get there so maybe not an issue - but just case there’s anything helpful: 2021-04-22 19:11:54 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a - Pastebin.com

Thanks for the info.
The exception says “Connection reset by peer”, which means that it is the device in your alarm panel that has caused the disconnection, see here for more info. Try googling “tcp connection reset by peer”.

My integration tried to reconnect and failed which indicates that it wasn’t a glitch and that it’s more permanent, it at least lasted for 5 seconds or more.

It also could be your router making the disconnection and not the device in your panel.

I suggest you restart HA and see if it happens again in 5 days time.

EDIT: looking at your 2nd log file,it happened again, Connection reset by peer at 19:13:05. The integration reconnected this time though.

Ok @davesmeghead thanks for explanations.
At this Time, impossible for me to arm or disarm my alarm. I just have the state …

ok doke - will monitor to see if i can determine where it’s occurring:

panel> USR-TCP232-E2

USR-TCP232-E2>Switch

Switch>HA…

Thanks again :smiley:

Sorry - it seems the disconnect is recurring quite a bit at the mo - can’t say for sure if it’s my network but just in case here’s a continuation of the log above: 2021-04-22 19:15:29 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.visonic.pyvisonic] [ha - Pastebin.com

Also - i know in the guide you said you’d used the mini TCP server are you able to cast your eye over my config and see if there’s anything I’ve misconfigured?

Hello,

First let me thank you for this amazing integration! No doubt that is one of the best for HA. I’m currently using the version 0.6.4.4.

I have a PowerMax Pro with approximately 11 years, FW version 4.4.20 and I’m using the USR-TCP232-T2 that works flawlessly if configured to 9600 bps. Btw the panel provides exactly 3.3V to power the USR so no need to use the shotky diode.

I have a question:

The Panel Mode on the HA integration always show an “Unknown” status however everything seems to work.

Now what might be a suggestion for improvement:

I have a magnetic sensor at the main door entry that is configured as a “Delay” sensor and one PIR sensor in the entry hall that is configured as “Interior Follower Zone” to allow to arrive to the central without trigger the alarm.

Now, everytime the alarm is not disarmed before open the main door sensor that triggers a siren event. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks!

Can you both set your logger settings like this on the wiki please and upload the home assistant log file to pastebin. This is the home-assistant.log file, I’ll take a look through and see if I can help.

1 Like

I will do it during the weekend. Thanks @davesmeghead

Try a lower bps like 9600. It worked for me.

The bps (or baudrate) that you need depends on your panel type, see here on the wiki

Ok @davesmeghead . My sensor are ok. I just have one problem : one of my visonic PIR sensor seen as a vibration sensor.

I’ll post a issues on your GitHub with log.

Thanks

Hi,
You said they are incorrect but what should they be?
Can you tell me what they should be in terms of magnet or motion but can you also give me the model name, for example, it’s a “MP-802 PG2” visonic sensor.

• Z01 in “Front Door” is reported as a Vibration sensor, what should it be?
  • Z04 in “Back Door” is reported as a Magnet sensor, what should it be?
  • Z06 in “Office” is reported as a Magnet sensor, what should it be? I think this is a PIR

Thanks

Hi, so :

• Z01 Front door : it’s a K985 for powermax pro
  • Z04 Back door : it’s a MCT 302 for powermax pro
    -Z06 Office : it’s a K985 for powermax pro

Hi
Are you sure that z01 and z06 are the same sensor type as the panel reports them as different types, can you check for me please