Visonic Powermax and Powermaster Component

Yes, TCP… I use an ESP NodeMCU, it has a DHCP reservation and as my DHCP lease duration is currently one hour (for other reasons) I have eliminated this hypothesis that occurs every 24 hours…

I also don’t have any backups or other maintenance that could cause temporal unavailability at that time. I haven’t found anything in the logs that could correspond. I’m looking for…

This very short unavailability is not visible in disarmed mode, but it generates an alarm and therefore a notification if armed. I can compensate in an automation but isn’t there in the integration a way to set the duration of the time out?

My Canaletto | Home Assistant & Visonic

It’s not a timeout, it’s a disconnection and then a reconnection so I have no control over the time period. If you have a PC set a constant “ping” to another device acrossyour network and log it overnight, this will let you know if other devices have similar problems. Does anything show in your router logs? Does it happen at the exact same time every morning?

Have you tried a static DHCP mapping, which doesn’t expire? It’s also known as DHCP reservation. You’ll likely need to consult your router documentation, and ensure it’s outside of the range of dynamic IP assignments.

https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-set-up-a-static-ip-address

What could be the mistake?
At times, the connection is lost.
Sometimes an integration restart is required.
I use esp-01 (esp8266) with esp link.
Panel, visonic powermaster 30 g2

The only way I can help is if you set home assistant logging to debug and upload a home assistant log file to pastebin/dropbox with the part of the log file covering the time of the disconnection. This is all described on the wiki.

If your home assistant log file includes this line

ERROR Connection Lost : disconnected because the Ethernet/USB connection was externally terminated.

Then there is nothing I can do. Something in your local network is disconnecting the connection between the device you run home assistant and your esp-01 (esp8266).

Like this?

logger:
  default: critical
  logs:        
    custom_components.my_integration: debug

That is, it turns out that something is blocking the 23rd port?
In general, it would be nice to change it to esp.
Added lines to the config, but does not hang yet, we will wait ))

No sorry, like this

Hi!

I have just updated to core-2021.6.0 and the integration failed to load. In the registry I have found this: Setup failed for visonic: Integration not found. Do you know what have happened? How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Have you also updated this integration to the latest version? There must be a “version” tag in the manifest file for the integration to load so please make sure that you’re using a recent version. If you are using the latest version of the integration then capture a home assistant log file as per the wiki, upload it to pastebin/dropbox and I’ll take a look

Updated HA to 2021.6 with no issues, running the latest version of the component: 0.6.8.2

Edit: I spoke to soon, after another HA restart it does not load, here is the basic log, I can get a full log later:

2021-06-03 10:06:21 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.visonic.pyvisonic] ERROR Connection Lost : disconnected due to exception Same Packet for 20 times in a row
2021-06-03 10:06:26 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.visonic.pyvisonic]                         Calling Exception handler.
2021-06-03 10:06:57 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.visonic.pyvisonic] ERROR Connection Lost : disconnected due to exception Same Packet for 20 times in a row
2021-06-03 10:07:02 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.visonic.pyvisonic]                         Calling Exception handler.
2021-06-03 10:07:04 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error unloading entry Alarm Panel for alarm_control_panel
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 432, in async_unload
    result = await component.async_unload_entry(hass, self)  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/alarm_control_panel/__init__.py", line 110, in async_unload_entry
    return await component.async_unload_entry(entry)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 181, in async_unload_entry
    raise ValueError("Config entry was never loaded!")
ValueError: Config entry was never loaded!

Edit 2: I removed the integration and readded it and now it works again, even after reboot. So sorry, I cannot reproduce it to provide the full log.
The only difference I noticed it that prior removing the integration it showed 66 devices/entities, now it shows the correct amount of 14 devices/entities.

Edit 3: It was working, but after the update to 2021.6.1 I get the error again, it works sometimes for a short while but then disconnects. Full log coming as PM if that is ok? @davesmeghead

Edit 4: After doing some more research it seems that my panel do not longer likes multiple restarts of HA.
After entering/exiting installer mode on the panel and then restarting HA I yet again get a stable PowerLink connection. Strange since my panel has not been sensitive to frequent HA restarts before HA 2021.6.

I can confirm that your log file shows the effect of multiple restarts. The panel does weird things such as sending the same message over and over again. I was about to suggest that you disable the integration (or stop HA) for an hour or two and then try again. This usually fixes things. From my own experience as I develop the integration, if I restart HA too often and too quickly then I get the same problem.

1 Like

Hi @davesmeghead

Thanks for your reply!

I have uninstalled the integration but now I can’t find it in the “Add integration” button of HA. Am I missing something??

It should be there, have you restarted Home Assistant and tried adding the integration. If it’s still not there then you have not got the custom component directory hierarchy correct.
See the wiki here

I have been using this component with my Powermaster 10 and a USR-WIFI232T module. Running great for over a year now. Regrettably, my house is pretty much in a dead spot in terms of 3G coverage, so the security company needs to install a PowerMax Ethernet module and hook it up directly to my Internet connection.

I’m pretty sure the module connects to the serial port where my USR-WIFI232T is connected now. Does anybody know if this is the case, and if there’s a way to have them both work in parallel? Will I have to give up using this integration if they install the module? Thanks!

I’m not 100% sure but I think that a few people have had success at using 2 RS232 connections on the alarm panel, but I’m not sure what panel models. Other than that, you’re correct the Powerlink3 uses the RS232 connection and most likely has to replace your WIFI232 hardware. Visonic sell a 2 RS232 module but I don’t think that can be used with the Powerlink3. If you do experiment and find out if you can use 2 RS232 connections on the panel, one for the Powerlink3 and the other for the WIFI232 then please let us know here.

EDIT: Powerlink3 for Ethernet or GSM module for cellular. Do you already have a GSM 3G module installed as the Powerlink3 may simply use the same connection?

I do have a GSM module, but it looses connection frequently due to bad coverage and the security company is not supporting it anymore. But the GSM module is plugged into the “Cellular” port. I believe the Ethernet module will be plugged into the RS232 port which cancels all access from Home Assistant. I wonder if somebody with the Ethernet module can tell us if it includes some sort of RS232 passthrough to connect the WIFI323 hardware…

Also there’s this…

Visonic Dual RS232 Module

Hi, yes that’s what I meant when I said about the 2 RS232 module.

I also remembered a previous discussion in this thread that you should read…
It starts here

and ends here

Thanks for your time. I’ll open my unit (PowerMaster 10) and see if there’s an extra RS232 connector somewhere. Also, looking at the pictures, the Powelink3.1 module has 6 extra pin connections on the side of the RS232. I wonder if someone has tested them in case they can be used for TX and RX…

Dear All,

Thank you Davesmeghead for this integration and all support you provide in this thread!

Newbie here, both in terms of Home Assistant and (especially) USB/TTL/Visonic etc.
I have downloaded and successfully installed the HA-integration, but I somehow cannot get my panel connected.

My setup:

I have read this thread, tried to connect with the PC utilizing the “hidden” scripts without any progress.
Any ideas to get me moving?