VM stuck at auto boot

I guess this is the way to go Save what you can using winzip /7-zip , and install new on a separate SSD

PS: Barebox ? , what is it for Ha-Images you are running ? … also, are that your system-time in top of the pic ?
Beside Barebox is more than a year old and VmWare is currently EFI 2.4, don’t tell me you also run a windows 32bits :slight_smile:

I have this problem ever 2-3 months. It starts after a reboot is needed, for any reason. The reboot fails and only way to recover is reinstall Hass. Works fine after reinstall and backup recovery. But then soon after a reboot will crash again. Forcing me to do a reinstall and backup restore again.

After looking at the config directory, i saw the the ‘home-assistant_v2.db’ file size was huge. i deleted the ‘home-assistant_v2.db’ file and restarted. Now everything seems working ok even after host reboots.

My theory is that the ‘home-assistant_v2.db’ file is some sort log that keeps growing everyday, until eventually the disk runs out of space and can no longer reboot properly.

It is HA’s DB-File, if it keeps growing uncontrolled, you should consider looking at “Recorder” as of this year Recorder records all event’s and states, so if you have many entities/devices etc. it will grow, also “Purge” interval is to considered, “default” is 10days i think, i run with 30, but i have excluded alot in the Recorder-Setting in configuration.yaml

Thanks! Set it to ‘auto_purge’ and ‘auto_repack’

Hopefully now i wont need to reinstall Hassio every month :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Great ! Happened to me yesterday and this hint saved me hours of work :slight_smile:
Running HA OS on VirtualBox on macOS (Mac mini).

1 Like