Wall box screen controls

Most of the Lifesmart ones are available for order as samples on Alibaba for hundreds less, but they’re still expensive.

I’m also looking for something, but this is screaming for someone to do a Kickstarter

Well, the one I ordered is great build quality and looks great, however it runs Android 6 and fully kiosk doesn’t like the web engine. I did install Firefox and just opened Home Assistant that way and while it worked, the device is just too underpowered to be usable. Things are laggy even scrolling or toggling a switch on and off. Forget trying to view a video stream. Every time Home Assistant is restarted, the tablet is back at the log on screen for Home Assistant. I think Home Assistant should offer some workarounds for these use cases, whether it be a kiosk app of their own that can be provisioned to always be logged in or some web view that can auto log in after being added as a trusted device.

Been looking at these lately on Ali, the majority of them now seem to state Tuya but kinda only works one way. Wouldn’t be able to add anything into Tuya that runs a HA script or anything would you! I like 2 but I just can’t justify buying them when I am still very very new to HA and coding for them to just sit there! Hopefully more people get them and something starts! They also have zigbee but not sure what use that would fully be! I know the NSPanel can run Tasmota now but unsure if that means you can add HA scenes, devices and automations as I am new to tasmota too.

These were the ones that I was getting tempted by! Shame really, feel they have potential with the right clever people!

Most of them run android and outdated versions at that with hardware specs just good enough to run the Tuya app. They’re designed to be the hub, so it having Zigbee means you pair Zigbee devices to the screen. I would stay far away from these screens until they’re fast enough to run other apps they weren’t designed for. Currently I’m probably going to settle on a NS Panel running custom ESPHome firmware.

Yeah that was the conclusion I came to.

new kid on the block: https://www.shelly.com/en/products/shop/shelly-wall-display/shelly-wall-display