Wall Mounted Dashboard (now known as HADashboard)

I’d like to modify the Dockerfile so that I can run this on my UNRAID system. @balloob can you give me any advice/help?

I’ve been trying to get the hapush up and running however, it appears to run but there are no messages and when I end the task I get this:

C2016-08-21 18:20:10,577 CRITICAL Unexpected error:
2016-08-21 18:20:10,578 CRITICAL ----------------------------------------------- -------------
2016-08-21 18:20:10,584 CRITICAL Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./hapush.py”, line 254, in run
for msg in messages:
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/sseclient.py”, line 61, in __next __
nextchar = next(self.resp_iterator)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/requests/utils.py”, line 377, in stream_decode_response_unicode
for chunk in iterator:
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/requests/models.py”, line 676, in generate
for chunk in self.raw.stream(chunk_size, decode_content=True):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/requests/packages/urllib3/respons e.py”, line 353, in stream
for line in self.read_chunked(amt, decode_content=decode_content):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/requests/packages/urllib3/respons e.py”, line 502, in read_chunked
self._update_chunk_length()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/requests/packages/urllib3/respons e.py”, line 448, in _update_chunk_length
line = self._fp.fp.readline()
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/socket.py”, line 371, in readinto
return self._sock.recv_into(b)
KeyboardInterrupt

2016-08-21 18:20:10,584 CRITICAL ----------------------------------------------- -------------
^CTraceback (most recent call last):
File “./hapush.py”, line 337, in
main()
File “./hapush.py”, line 332, in main
run()
File “./hapush.py”, line 263, in run
time.sleep(5)
KeyboardInterrupt

There’s really no clean “off” switch, so these errors after you close are normal.

When you run this in dev mode, as in output to the console, and then wait awhile, do you see any messages if you execute anything from the front end like a switch or scene?

As Rob says - there is no clean way to exit as the daemon is constantly consuming messages on an empty socket so this is a side effect of hitting ctrl-C.

If you are not seeing state changes output to the log, the most likely problem is that hapush was unable to find your dashboards - if it read them succesfuly you would have got a message, so check that dash_dir is setup correctly in ha_push.cfg.

@aimc : Any plans for adding a thermostat widget?
Or an input_slider widget?

Not currently - I manage my thermostats using automations, but I will certainly add both to the list.

1 Like

I seem to have an issue with the Haweather widget values not displaying.
I can get individual forcastio sensors showing using Hasensor but the Haweather widget doesn’t display any info.

Any idea on what I could be doing wrong?

Did you update the names for 0.27 of Home Assistant?? The latest version of the dashboard uses the new names.

to forcastio_<sensor_name> ? yeah.

I can get Hasensor to work with a data value of ‘forcastio_temperature’.

I just can’t get the Haweather widget to work. Is there something else I should be changing in hadashboard?

Do you have the latest version of hadashboard? I updated it on Saturday I believe.

Are there any error in thin.log? (in the logs directory)

Yeah, this is a brand new build. I only pulled it down yesterday.
Only think I can think of is that the docker isn’t up to date seeing as I’m using the docker version.

Where did you ge the docker version from? You should be building your own from the updated version, I am not creating or maintaining actual images, just the tools to build them, so that may well be it. The instructions to build the Docker image are in the README.

I built it from the instructions in the README so I know I’ve got the latest version.

Not really sure what else to try at this stage. Just weird that individual Hasensors work but the Haweather widget doesn’t.

Does the widget itself display? are all the fields blank or just some? Did you find anything in the log?

Widget displays fine, all fields are blank.
I can’t see the log as it’s not redirected in the docker config.

Did you change the data-id of the weather widget? It has to be “weather” or it won’t work.

I left it as “weather”. I made sure of that.
Can’t think of what else to try.

I assume it should ‘just work’?

It should just work yes, you obviously have the rest setup correctly as you can get the sensor values.

Can you post your main.erb file and also the last 20 or so lines oj jobs/homeassistant.rb please?

It’s nice, but it doesn’t work well on a 3.5" PiTFT+…

It will work, but you have to be realistic and structure the dashboard accordingly. Less widgets and more pages.