Wall Mounted Dashboard (now known as HADashboard)

Hello - i have install without any errors , i start with the command: dashing start , i dont see any logs or message when i run the command just return to the command prompt

when i go to the url:3030 , nothing is running (failed to open page)

any idea?

george

Running from the command line you should be getting status information to the screen - are you running directly from the HADashboard directory, and just typing dashing start?

first thanks for your fast reply!

i am running the command inside the hadashboard directory

pi@hal:~/.homeassistant/hadashboard $ dashing start

but nothing appear , just return to the command prompt!

pi@hal:~/.homeassistant/hadashboard $ dashing start
pi@hal:~/.homeassistant/hadashboard $

Very strange - can you check logs/thin.log and if it exists paste it.

Also what does type dashing return?

pi@hal:~/.homeassistant/hadashboard $ type dashing
dashing is hashed (/usr/local/bin/dashing)

there is nowhere thin.log file ;(

Did you successfully run the bundle command? Can you give me the output of find .?

i have make progress - i have re-install everything

now when i run the dashing start

i get the following error

bundler: failed to load command: thin (/usr/local/bin/thin)
DataObjects::ConnectionError: unable to open database file
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/data_objects-0.10.17/lib/data_objects/connection.rb:79:in initialize' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/data_objects-0.10.17/lib/data_objects/connection.rb:79:in newā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/data_objects-0.10.17/lib/data_objects/pooling.rb:181:in block in new' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/data_objects-0.10.17/lib/data_objects/pooling.rb:176:in synchronizeā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/data_objects-0.10.17/lib/data_objects/pooling.rb:176:in new' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/data_objects-0.10.17/lib/data_objects/pooling.rb:121:in newā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/data_objects-0.10.17/lib/data_objects/connection.rb:68:in new' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dm-do-adapter-1.2.0/lib/dm-do-adapter/adapter.rb:251:in open_connectionā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dm-transactions-1.2.0/lib/dm-transactions/adapters/dm-do-adapter.rb:69:in open_connection' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dm-do-adapter-1.2.0/lib/dm-do-adapter/adapter.rb:276:in with_connectionā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dm-do-adapter-1.2.0/lib/dm-do-adapter/adapter.rb:33:in select' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dm-migrations-1.2.0/lib/dm-migrations/adapters/dm-sqlite-adapter.rb:43:in table_infoā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dm-migrations-1.2.0/lib/dm-migrations/adapters/dm-sqlite-adapter.rb:18:in storage_exists?' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dm-migrations-1.2.0/lib/dm-migrations/adapters/dm-do-adapter.rb:90:in create_model_storageā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dm-migrations-1.2.0/lib/dm-migrations/adapters/dm-do-adapter.rb:57:in upgrade_model_storage' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dm-migrations-1.2.0/lib/dm-migrations/auto_migration.rb:73:in upgrade_model_storageā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dm-migrations-1.2.0/lib/dm-migrations/auto_migration.rb:145:in auto_upgrade!' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dm-migrations-1.2.0/lib/dm-migrations/auto_migration.rb:47:in block in repository_executeā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dm-core-1.2.1/lib/dm-core/support/descendant_set.rb:64:in block in each' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dm-core-1.2.1/lib/dm-core/support/subject_set.rb:211:in block in eachā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dm-core-1.2.1/lib/dm-core/support/ordered_set.rb:320:in block in each' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dm-core-1.2.1/lib/dm-core/support/ordered_set.rb:320:in eachā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dm-core-1.2.1/lib/dm-core/support/ordered_set.rb:320:in each' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dm-core-1.2.1/lib/dm-core/support/subject_set.rb:211:in eachā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dm-core-1.2.1/lib/dm-core/support/descendant_set.rb:63:in each' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dm-migrations-1.2.0/lib/dm-migrations/auto_migration.rb:46:in repository_executeā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dm-migrations-1.2.0/lib/dm-migrations/auto_migration.rb:27:in auto_upgrade!' /home/pi/.homeassistant/hadashboard/lib/settings.rb:19:in <top (required)>ā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/backports-3.6.8/lib/backports/std_lib.rb:9:in require' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/backports-3.6.8/lib/backports/std_lib.rb:9:in require_with_backportsā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dashing-1.3.7/lib/dashing/app.rb:171:in block in require_glob' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dashing-1.3.7/lib/dashing/app.rb:170:in eachā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dashing-1.3.7/lib/dashing/app.rb:170:in require_glob' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dashing-1.3.7/lib/dashing/app.rb:180:in <top (required)>ā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dashing-1.3.7/lib/dashing.rb:3:in require' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dashing-1.3.7/lib/dashing.rb:3:in <top (required)>ā€™
config.ru:1:in require' config.ru:1:in block in ā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/rack-1.5.5/lib/rack/builder.rb:55:in instance_eval' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/rack-1.5.5/lib/rack/builder.rb:55:in initializeā€™
config.ru:1:in new' config.ru:1:in ā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thin-1.6.4/lib/rack/adapter/loader.rb:33:in eval' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thin-1.6.4/lib/rack/adapter/loader.rb:33:in loadā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thin-1.6.4/lib/thin/controllers/controller.rb:182:in load_rackup_config' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thin-1.6.4/lib/thin/controllers/controller.rb:72:in startā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thin-1.6.4/lib/thin/runner.rb:200:in run_command' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thin-1.6.4/lib/thin/runner.rb:156:in run!ā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thin-1.6.4/bin/thin:6:in <top (required)>' /usr/local/bin/thin:23:in loadā€™
/usr/local/bin/thin:23:in <top (required)>' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dashing-1.3.7/lib/dashing/app.rb:62:in writeā€™: Permission denied @ rb_sysopen - history.yml (Errno::EACCES)
from /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dashing-1.3.7/lib/dashing/app.rb:62:in `block in <top (required)>ā€™

more progress i have start it with sudo and now i get the following

Thin web server (v1.6.4 codename Gob Bluth)
Maximum connections set to 1024
Listening on 0.0.0.0:3030, CTRL+C to stop

scheduler caught exception:
undefined method gsub' for nil:NilClass /home/pi/.homeassistant/hadashboard/jobs/homeassistant.rb:280:in block in <top (required)>ā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/rufus-scheduler-2.0.24/lib/rufus/sc/jobs.rb:230:in call' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/rufus-scheduler-2.0.24/lib/rufus/sc/jobs.rb:230:in trigger_blockā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/rufus-scheduler-2.0.24/lib/rufus/sc/jobs.rb:204:in block in trigger' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/rufus-scheduler-2.0.24/lib/rufus/sc/scheduler.rb:430:in callā€™
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/rufus-scheduler-2.0.24/lib/rufus/sc/scheduler.rb:430:in `block in trigger_jobā€™

192.168.5.102 - - [06/Sep/2016 21:11:46] ā€œGET / HTTP/1.1ā€ 302 - 0.1707
192.168.5.102 - - [06/Sep/2016 21:11:47] ā€œGET /example HTTP/1.1ā€ 200 12496 0.4062

but still no access in the url:3030

Great - looks like you donā€™t have forecast.io_icon enabled in your Home Assistant configuration?

everything is running now - i can see finally the frontend!

but now i have another problem i have the main.erb , i have change some things but nothing is changing in the frontend , what i am doing wrong?

Are you sure your dashboard is looking specifically at main? If you don;t specify it might be looking at example instead - make sure you have /main at the end of your URL. When you haver that you should just need to reload the browser to see the changes.

thanks! i have everything running! thanks for this amazing work!!!

just one last question how to run on boot the dashboard and the hapush???

i see the init folder , but i dont know what i must run or put where??

thanks again!

I supply the init file as a sample but every system is different so you will need to read up on it a little - you at least need to change paths etc. and follow the instructions in the init file.

i finally got it to build on windows, iā€™m not using docker was manually installing.

The do_sqlite3 gem (a dependency) was a pain in the ass to get it going. You basically have to download sqlite3 autoconf file and build it under the ruby devkit then rename ā€œ.libsā€ to ā€œlibā€ make a include folder and place the *.h files in it and then install the gem using this command:

gem install do_sqlite3 --platform=ruby -- --with-opt-dir=C:\tools\sqlite-autoconf-3080803

where C:\tools\sqlite-autoconf-3080803 is the directory where you builded the sqlite version and placed the files in the ā€œcorrectā€ directories (lib / include) I also placed some of the files from the lib folder in my library path (so it can find the shared dll file).

the problem was that do_sqlite3 could not find the sqlite3 header and library files.

i also had to make a few small changes to hapush since for some reason it had problem with the daemonize package.
it spit out this error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "hapush.py", line 12, in <module>
    from daemonize import Daemonize
  File "C:\tools\Python34\lib\site-packages\daemonize.py", line 3, in <module>
    import fcntl

as i did not know from what package fcntl is or if it was Linux specific i just removed the daemon option / part in hapush and all is working now on my windows intel nuc box :slight_smile:

Excellent - thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

I came across the daemonize issue too with AppDaemon. One workaround, apart from removing it is to use the new WIndows 10 Bash environment. I haven;t tried hapush on it, but AppDaemon worked flawlessly so I wouldnā€™t expect any issues. It might be easier to do the ruby install too.

1 Like

How does the ā€œGraphā€ widget work ? canā€™t seem to figure it out. I looked at the widgetā€™s code but iā€™m unable to see what data it needs.

I tried this :

<li data-row="3" data-col="1" data-sizex="2" data-sizey="2">
  <div data-id="emoncms1_feedid_29" data-view="Graph" data-title="PC & Scherm"></div>
</li>

seems iā€™m missing this ?

data-bind="current | prettyNumber | prepend prefix"

but not sure how to use it should i add a data-current value ?

Iā€™ve never used it - it comes by default when you create a dashboard, there is no support for HA.

Thanks Andrew and others for their work on the Dashboard. I have been reading through the thread while it is installing on a new RPi3 with a 32GB SD. Does it typically take 4+ hours to install? I am installing on a dedicated Pi, but can I move it to the HA Pi I have currently running a fresh install of HA? I did read above that others are running it on their HA Pis (and even a Windows PC - wow).

Again thanks for such an awesome addition and I hope to bring some added value to the project, specifically in the IP camera arena.

Sully

Bummerā€¦ my Putty connection just errored. I hope it is still installing/making. I will give it some more time and start poking around:

Setting up python3-urllib3 (1.9.1-3) ā€¦
Setting up python3-requests (2.4.3-6) ā€¦
Setting up python3-setuptools (5.5.1-1) ā€¦
Setting up python3-pip (1.5.6-5) ā€¦
Setting up python3-wheel (0.24.0-1) ā€¦
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.19-18+deb8u1) ā€¦
ā€”> 1ef26f7b3fcf
Removing intermediate container 81729e095489
Step 4 : WORKDIR /app
ā€”> Running in 686daa2f24df
ā€”> de15d46dc34e
Removing intermediate container 686daa2f24df
Step 5 : COPY . .
ā€”> e7a814157e0c
Removing intermediate container 606f994144fc
Step 6 : RUN gem install dashing && gem install bundler && bundle && pip3 install daemonize sseclient configobj && pip3 install --upgrade requests
ā€”> Running in f00cfccccdd5
Successfully installed rack-1.5.5
Successfully installed tilt-1.4.1
Successfully installed multi_json-1.12.1
Successfully installed hike-1.2.3
Successfully installed sprockets-2.10.2
Successfully installed thor-0.19.1
Successfully installed thread_safe-0.3.5
Successfully installed tzinfo-1.2.2
Successfully installed rufus-scheduler-2.0.24
Successfully installed daemons-1.2.4
Building native extensions. This could take a whileā€¦
Successfully installed eventmachine-1.2.0.1
Building native extensions. This could take a whileā€¦

At last! I have it runningā€¦ what a boondoggle I was on. I read way too much into installing the HA Dashboard. Now the config begins.

Sully