Wall Mounted Dashboard (now known as HADashboard)

i made exactly now the same. the only difference is that i dont use password in hass. then i removed the last part like:

@camera1_api_url = “/api/camera_proxy/camera.emevth_security_cam?token=1862836464”
but still no picture in the widged :frowning:

as you can see… URL works well. so i am wondering why it is not shown in the widget

This is my camera seto in hass:

camera:
  - platform: mjpeg
    name: EmEvTh Security Cam
    mjpeg_url: http://192.168.1.14:8081

I also had to restart dashing to let is show up. i don’t know if you already tried that?

I see trough winscp that the owner of the snapshot old and new jpg is root. and i see this in the thin.log:

mv: cannot stat ‘assets/images/cameras/snapshot1_new.jpg’: No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove ‘assets/images/cameras/snapshot1_old.jpg’: No such file or directory

So is this maybe why the widget is not auto updating the images?

i use docker and already restarted… which user has it to be for assets/images/cameras/snapshot1_new.jpg ?

try to chmod 777 pi/pi to assets/images/cameras

The camera images will be replace with the new one every N secs based on your settings.

Thanks i tried it, but images will still be root after this. But there is every 10 sec an images generated. But is still doens’t show every 10 sec in the dashboard, unless i reload the page myself.

Sorry that i keep firing questions, but i also like to change the rss feed. I tried changing the url in the existing ones and added one myself but nothing is updating the feed. This is the feeds from ha_conf.rb:

$news_feeds = {
  "Traffic" => "http://www.verkeerplaza.nl/rssfeed",
  "News" => "http://www.smh.com.au/rssheadlines/top.xml",
}

I also tried:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/tweakers/nieuws
and some other ones but no one seems to be working. the widgets keep the old data in it even after restart.

This is the err log for the rss feeds:

scheduler caught exception:
value <2016-11-03T11:20:20> of tag is not available.
/usr/lib/ruby/2.1.0/rss/0.9.rb:140:in rescue in pubDate=' /usr/lib/ruby/2.1.0/rss/0.9.rb:137:in pubDate=’
/usr/lib/ruby/2.1.0/rss/parser.rb:456:in block in start_get_text_element' /usr/lib/ruby/2.1.0/rss/parser.rb:358:in call’
/usr/lib/ruby/2.1.0/rss/parser.rb:358:in tag_end' /usr/lib/ruby/2.1.0/rexml/parsers/streamparser.rb:28:in parse’
/usr/lib/ruby/2.1.0/rexml/document.rb:241:in parse_stream' /usr/lib/ruby/2.1.0/rss/rexmlparser.rb:17:in _parse’
/usr/lib/ruby/2.1.0/rss/parser.rb:164:in parse' /usr/lib/ruby/2.1.0/rss/parser.rb:79:in parse’
/home/pi/hadashboard/jobs/news.rb:32:in block in latest_headlines' /usr/lib/ruby/2.1.0/open-uri.rb:153:in open_uri’
/usr/lib/ruby/2.1.0/open-uri.rb:704:in open' /usr/lib/ruby/2.1.0/open-uri.rb:34:in open’
/home/pi/hadashboard/jobs/news.rb:31:in latest_headlines' /home/pi/hadashboard/jobs/news.rb:66:in block (2 levels) in <top (required)>’
/home/pi/hadashboard/jobs/news.rb:65:in each' /home/pi/hadashboard/jobs/news.rb:65:in block in <top (required)>’
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/rufus-scheduler-2.0.24/lib/rufus/sc/jobs.rb:230:in call' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/rufus-scheduler-2.0.24/lib/rufus/sc/jobs.rb:230:in trigger_block’
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/rufus-scheduler-2.0.24/lib/rufus/sc/jobs.rb:204:in block in trigger' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/rufus-scheduler-2.0.24/lib/rufus/sc/scheduler.rb:430:in call’
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/rufus-scheduler-2.0.24/lib/rufus/sc/scheduler.rb:430:in `block in trigger_job’

@thundergreen 2 questions. What Brand/Model of camera is that? You mentioned you use this on docker, can you give me some insight on how you manage the volumes and moving data between host/container?

@jcreynolds i use a pi with pi cam and motioneyeok image. You just install the docker … u start it and it works … but how to move file between the container and the system i really dunno… need to know this as i want to add a widget.

The rss problem is from the rss source, it has a different format and it can’t be parse, I have tried other rss link and they works fine, unless someone try to modify the rss widget to make it work for those link

Ok thank you. I will try to find some working ones for my language.

it changes bit by bit, but my dashboard is getting where i want it to be.

sorry that it is in dutch (but if i wouldnt do that my wife would refuse to use it :stuck_out_tongue: )

so a small explanation:
first row: all switches for light all around the house
left 2 big parts: heating for living room and kitchen
right top part: automations on or off
dark blue part: temperature all around
light blue part: rain and soilmoisture
red part: time and light information.

2 Likes

Looking good - love the rainbow colors - mine is a lot more boring :slight_smile:

1 Like

i have to do something to set the different groups apart.
this is my PC version.
off course with mobiles and tablets i have a lot less at 1 page, so there are a lot more pages, so less colors :wink:

i think in about another 2 or 3 weeks this page is filled.

by the way, the times by the switches on the top line are the times that appdaemon shut that switch on and off :wink:

i like to get a last updated in the sensors to, but im running out of space.

1 Like

Rene, this is absolutely beautiful. In fact, Andrew should use this in the docs it’s such a wonderful example.

I have one more tutorial I have to write up and then I need to get back to updating and redoing my dashboard. Thanks for setting a new high water mark for me (ya big jerk face)!

1 Like

thx robert, but i dont think that andrew would like to use this.
i have changed to much on the background, so other people cant get the same result without changes in the code.

i added an hainputslider, i added a second title to all widgets, i added a second meter, i added new switch and inputboolean widgets which give 2 times (gettin it from 2 HA sensors)

but all that i would have been able to do without all the work andrew already had done.
my work is just a bit tweaking, but i bit more tweaking then the average user would do :wink:

i hope that andrew isnt going to implement great things in his dashboard, because then i have to figure out how to get his changes inplemented in my version :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, no point in making me any more jealous I guess… LOL

I really want to borrow the idea of color coding though; it makes so much sense the minute you look at it. Thanks for posting this - I actually printed it out in color to motivate myself to find time to get my dashboard work current.

1 Like

Always great when i inspire others.
you and andrew inspire me also more then enough :wink:

1 Like

Hi there (first time poster), I have recently setup the dashboard (docker on rPi) and was really surprised at the amount of information / help that could be located on the site and github, whilst there were a few newbie type struggles of my own making, mostly it was very straight forward.

As an extension to the hadashboard, I’ve been looking at the Google Calendar API v3 that was implemented in the original dashing: https://gist.github.com/jmb/33ae3a33d6e8dbffd102 has anyone had a look at doing something similar? I am tempted to give it a go (porting across), but I know for certain my skills will need to come up a lot before I can get it done simply.

Anyone with any ideas or a (better) clue than mine?

i have looked at it as well.
but i put it aside for now.

i still hope that someone else implements the google calender in HA. but when not then at 1 time i will implement it probably myselve using appdaemon.
it is nice to have the calender in the dashboard, but it is more usefull to have it in HA itselve.

There’s a PR in for Google Calendar integration in HA but it’s not ready for merge just yet.

I had the dashing component working when HADashboard was first released but code was deprecated and no longer works correctly. The author didn’t continue support so I’m not sure that’s going to be an avenue anymore.

I’m hoping for another shot at this when the aforementioned PR gets merged. Once it becomes part of the HA core, Andrew may be able to get it integrated.

1 Like

if it is in HA then i am sure andrew can implement it very easy.
it would be just another component like a sensor.

that reminds me that a (persistant) notification widget isnt there yet. and that would probably be what is needed.