Wall Mounted Dashboard (now known as HADashboard)

Above you mentioned that you are running this in docker, however if you are starting dashing and hapush interactively like so many of your screenshots show then you aren’t running this with docker. I also know this because to start these using docker you would be using the docker command to start your container.

Since your not using docker, you need to configure hapush.cfg to properly point to your dashboards folder:

If you run interactive (which you are):
dash_dir = "/hadashboard/dashboards"

Also use this to run hapush
pi@raspberrypi:~/hadashboard/hapush $ ./hapush.py hapush.cfg

1 Like

That was it!

Next question, I know that dashing start needs to run in the background but does ./hapush.py hapush.cfg have to stay running as well?

only if you want your dashboards to update automaticly :wink:

Great! I would do one of two things, utilize docker, or run these as services. My experience with running dashing and hapush interactively is that after a while they will crap out and have to be restarted.

dont know what you have running, but here they run daily interactively. and i only restart them once in a while when i have edited to much in my widgets :wink:

I am having this same issue with my hapush.log file giving this error. Have you come up with a resolution?

Thanks!

2016-11-19 11:50:49,443 CRITICAL ----------------------------------------------$

2016-11-19 11:50:54,452 CRITICAL Unexpected error:
2016-11-19 11:50:54,452 CRITICAL ----------------------------------------------$
2016-11-19 11:50:54,452 CRITICAL Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/app/hapush/hapush.py”, line 265, in run
for msg in messages:
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/sseclient.py”, line 64, in __nex$
self.buf += nextline
TypeError: Can’t convert ‘bytes’ object to str implicitly

2016-11-19 11:50:54,452 CRITICAL ----------------------------------------------$
2016-11-19 11:50:59,457 CRITICAL Unexpected error:
2016-11-19 11:50:59,457 CRITICAL ----------------------------------------------$
2016-11-19 11:50:59,457 CRITICAL Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/app/hapush/hapush.py”, line 265, in run
for msg in messages:

Unfortunately not.

I ended up doing a fresh install and doing that worked for me - a bit of a faff but I backed up all my HA and OZW config files which made the process a bit quicker. It was worth it in the end!

Now I need to decide between a dedicated tablet or a RPi and Touchscreen…

Are you running this through Docker?

Suggestion use a dedicated Android tablet and setup motion detector! Everytime you walk past or upto tablet its looking and waiting to be touched!

@indy5 Did you get the docker in unRAID to work?

I was able to get it to launch. I can bring up the webpage, but none of the components work. It seem as if hapush,py isn’t running properly, based on the errors that I posted previously.

I couldn’t get it to work in docker so reverted to the manual install but docker was still on my Pi when I was getting the errors.

On my fresh install I did not install docker so it could have been that something that was installed by docker was causing the error?

@DrJeff - a tablet looks the way to go… off to find a cheap android :grinning:

@indy which repo? I had it working but now flat out no go no logs at all.

@johngc on your search for a cheap Android tablet not all work with the Camera Motion Detection. I bought some $30-$40 tablets and they were no good bad displays(working just Ugly) I bought the little more expensive ones like the $70 and they were fine.
I think from now on I will buy the Samsung Tabs they are lot more but they look good and work good.

I am pulling from this repo: jcreynolds/hadashboard:latest

I hadn’t even thought about the camera detection not working. I’m currently looking for something cheap.

Is anyone using the Amazon Fire Tablets?

I expect they’ll be dirt cheap in the upcoming sale and wouldn’t mind replacing my old Nexus 7.

Please post your hapush.cfg omitting any personal info.

Is the Nexus 7 not up for “the job” as dashboard? I’m looking at getting a gen 1 just to have wall mounted (because decent screen, wireless charging, good price point), but is that a bad idea?

hapush.cfg

ha_url = “http://3.14.79.110:8123
ha_key = “”
dash_host = “3.14.79.110:3030”
dash_dir = “/usr/src/app/dashboards/”
logfile = “/hapush/hapush.log”

I have tried several variations of this with the same results. I do not have a key set up on HA, which is why that line is blank.

Thanks!

I wasn’t able to get docker to work either so I did the manual install and this is what my hapush.cfg looks like to get it to work.

ha_url = “http://192.168.1.28:8123
ha_key = xxxxxx
dash_host = “192.168.1.28:3030”
dash_dir = “/home/pi/hadashboard/dashboards”
logfile = “/home/pi/hadashboard/hapush/hapush.log”

can anyone help with this error?

raspi noobs hass aio, dashing up and running using manual install, talking to home assistant ok.
I bungled the first attempt at bundle, had to install a few bits as referenced above. Got everything up and running, but now hapush won’t launch.
i ran sudo pip install daemonize, which installed, but still get the following:

pi@raspberrypi:~/hadashboard/hapush $ ./hapush.py hapush.cfg
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./hapush.py”, line 12, in
from daemonize import Daemonize
ImportError: No module named ‘daemonize’