Wallbox pulsar plus integration?

Just got a Wallbox Copper SB installed today, I managed to create a basic sensor component for Home Assistant.
I will look into creating some switching (lock/unlock for example) later, however, I ony have experience with creating HA sensors so far, so switches might take some more time ;-).
My component can be found at https://github.com/hesselonline/wallbox

I have added some basic switching functionality (pause/unpause, lock/unlock). I donā€™t have an EV yet, so canā€™t really test -> I suspect that the pause/unpause might be buggy, there is no pause indicator in the API data so its hard to check the status before pausing. Let me know if you run into issues.
My component can be found at https://github.com/hesselonline/wallbox

Wow. Awesome work. Canā€™t wait to give it a go in a few hours. Thanks !!

OK, new update. Iā€™ve moved the unlock/lock function to a seperate lock component (looks nicer in the UI). Also, Iā€™ve created a number component to set the max charging current. For now, you do need to create multiple entries in the configuration.yaml (for number, switch, sensor and lock). Let me know if you run into issues:

Iā€™ve obviously set something up wrongā€¦ Copied files to custom_config as suggested and set the sensors/switches up.

On restarting HA, I get a platform error in the logs:

Platform error switch.wallbox - No module named 'wallbox' Platform error sensor.wallbox - No module named 'wallbox' Platform error lock.wallbox - No module named 'wallbox'

Which I presume means that it isnā€™t loading the custom_component properly?

Scrap that - just needed to reboot with the custom component installed before setting up the sensors/switchesā€¦

Appears to be working OK - sensor certainly reading out the charging amperage. I havenā€™t been able to test the lock or pause functions yetā€¦

Iā€™m working on a version now that presents the sensors as seperate entities in Home Assistant. That will make it more more easy to use them in charts etc. What data do we want to have as a seperate sensor? Iā€™m currently thinking:
[ ā€˜depot_priceā€™, ā€˜status_descriptionā€™,ā€˜charging_powerā€™, ā€˜max_available_powerā€™, ā€˜charging_speedā€™, ā€˜added_rangeā€™, ā€˜added_energyā€™, ā€˜charging_timeā€™, ā€˜costā€™, ā€˜current_modeā€™, ā€˜state_of_chargeā€™].

Any thoughts?

1 Like

1 Like

Hello,

Iā€™m looking for a mechanism to steer my Wallbox, based on the available power on my solarpanels.

Example :

• boost charging amperes when solar production is high

I think you can do that with this component (number.max_charging_current) and a script. Of course Home Assistant needs to know the power of you solar panels and you probable need to convert the wattage of the latter into amps.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got this setup by using HACS and adding your repo, everything went fine but so far I can only really ā€œpauseā€ when itā€™s already charging. Iā€™ve setup a schedule on Wallbox Pulsar so it only adds charge between 00:30 and 04:30 and Iā€™d like to be able to override that. If I start the charge via the app I can hit the switch and itā€™ll stop charging but I canā€™t restart.

Iā€™m also not getting data (Some but itā€™s like cached?)

sensor.wallbox_added_energy 0 unit_of_measurement: kWh friendly_name: Wallbox Added Energy icon: mdi:battery-positive
sensor.wallbox_added_range 0 unit_of_measurement: km friendly_name: Wallbox Added Range icon: mdi:map-marker-distance
sensor.wallbox_charging_power 0 unit_of_measurement: W friendly_name: Wallbox Charging Power icon: mdi:ev-station
sensor.wallbox_charging_speed 0 friendly_name: Wallbox Charging Speed icon: mdi:speedometer
sensor.wallbox_charging_time 1615324565 friendly_name: Wallbox Charging Time icon: mdi:timer
sensor.wallbox_cost 0 friendly_name: Wallbox Cost icon: mdi:ev-station
sensor.wallbox_current_mode 1 friendly_name: Wallbox Current Mode icon: mdi:ev-station
sensor.wallbox_depot_price 0.05 friendly_name: Wallbox Depot Price icon: mdi:ev-station
sensor.wallbox_max_available_power 32 unit_of_measurement: A friendly_name: Wallbox Max Available Power icon: mdi:ev-station
sensor.wallbox_state_of_charge unknown unit_of_measurement: % friendly_name: Wallbox State of Charge icon: mdi:battery-charging-80
sensor.wallbox_status_description Connected: waiting for next schedule friendly_name: Wallbox Status Description icon: mdi:ev-station

Ps, cheers for the component though, I wish they would release an API for it properly!

I have a new version ready, might be able to push it to GIT tonight. I expect it to update the lag of sensor updates. It also uses the new integration setup flow in Home Assistant. Regarding your pause question, is that possible in the Wallbox app? If so, please let me know when you can use the pause function (I donā€™t have my EV yet, cannot test ;-)).

Iā€™m currently using the following logic (Status = Charging -> Press Pause -> Status = Connected -> Press Resume).

OK, just uploaded the new version (had time just before dinner ;-)) It should work better now, you can remove the configuration.yaml entries and config it via Configuration -> Integrations in Home Assistant (look for MyWallbox).

2 Likes

amazing work!

Thank you

Great work. However it does not work for me. After entering necessary data and restarting I have no entities at all

Hmm thatā€™s strange, do you have more details? Maybe an error in the logfile? Does the integration show up in your integrations in Home Assistant configuration? Mine works fine all the time, except when I entered the wrong S/N once.

Hi. In fact I double check the serial number and it is correct. Use my email as user and password. Even after restarting the integration shows no devices https://www.dropbox.com/s/65d93u7medaegbp/integration.png?dl=0

Thatā€™s strange. Doe you have anything in the logfile? Does logging in to the my wallbox portal work with the same credentials?

Oh, by the way, it never shows devices where you are looking in the screenshot. They appear in the entity list though.