Wallbox pulsar plus integration?

Also, you can always pause the charge by setting the current limit to 0. I suppose that works for you?

This is something I’ve never tried because my Current Slider has a minimum of 6 Amps. Did you find a way to set a minimum of 0 on that control?

Oh, yes of course, no that won’t work, the minimum is 6A.

I’m on the official version. Latest release, no available updates showing. Assuming that means latest version of Wallbox as well. Seriously, do NOT buy one of these.

Remember that the connection to the cloud that the HA integration uses is NOT formally supported by Wallbox. So the first question is always “does it work through the app?”. Does it? Can you pause and resume the charge using the Wallbox app?

Yes. But their app is such a kludge too.

The Pause/Unpause seems to work fine for me, being that the options are only available when it is plugged into the car.

2 Likes
return self.coordinator.data[CHARGER_STATUS_DESCRIPTION_KEY] in {
            ChargerStatus.CHARGING,
            ChargerStatus.PAUSED,
            ChargerStatus.SCHEDULED,
        }

The pause switch is available when the status is one of the above, what does your status say?

Please switch over to the official version, the HACS version will stop working

1 Like

At this point I don’t care anymore. The stupid thing won’t even stay connected to Wifi with a UAP about 12 feet away.

I had that problem until I updated my access point to dual band. The 5GHz band connection is solid for me.

Not sure how much you want to check your signal or not, but you can call the API individually and get what the Wallbox is seeing (or in your case, not).

Make a GET call to https://user-api.wall-box.com/v2/charger/{id} with the JWT in the bearer of the header and switching out {id} for your charger ID, and you’ll get a JSON reply that looks like this: wallbox/getChargerData.txt at master · dutchie027/wallbox (github.com). Note, the main parts:

"wifiSignal": 100,
      "connectionType": "wifi",
      "chargerLoadName": "Private",
      "chargerLoadId": 2,
      "chargingType": "AC",
      "connectorType": "Type 1",
      "protocolCommunication": "wifi",
1 Like

Hi Rien,
Have you implemented the Shelly EM to cut and restore power to the charger?
I have a Pulsar charger (not Pulsar Plus) without a WiFi connection and trying to find the best way to manage the charger. Could you explain your setup?
Sorry if I went a little off-topic.
Thanks!

Best.

I only use Shelly EM to measure the usage. I have a pulsar plus and use the HA integration to adjust the settings etc.
The only reason I use the Shelly EM is because the wallbox doesn’t provide the charging power correctly.

/Rien

1 Like

Hi @RT1080,

I copied the setup of @VdR but you made some improvements along the way. Could you please share these improvements (code, screenshots etc) with us?
Many thanks in advance.

/Rien

Just a Wallbox technical question, not related to HA.

I bought a second hand Pulsar Plus en installed it. But I cannot connect via Bluetooth to it.

I can ad it in the app and did acknowledge to connect tot Bluetooth but een couple of seconds later I receive a connection failed. I see Bluetooth is succesfull connected in the iphone BT settings.
THe charger itself is working when I connect it to my car, but I need to connect to Bluetooth to configure the settings like Wifi etc.

Anyone who had similar problem?

Yes, I have a similar problem. For the last several firmware versions, I’ve been unable to connect to my Pulsar Plus via Bluetooth. Originally, it used to work.

If my internet connection fails, I’m now locked out of my charger. For this reason, my Dashboard sets the charging current to maximum at the conclusion of any charging session. Then if I experience an internet failure at the time of wanting to charge my EV, I can just plug in with charging starting immediately at full speed.

It doesn’t really worry me that Bluetooth no longer works. I’m able to change the WiFi settings so long as the internet is working.

Does anybody know if the depot price sensor is polled?
Here we are chaging our tarrif 1x per month in the Wallbox portal.
This is reflected in the app, but not in the sensor. Currently mine is at 0.50.
It would have been 0.36 when I configured the integration.

afbeelding

I don’t even know anymore what my electricity price is. Never used this value. It was still at 0.2250 euro from when I first installed the charger, wishful thinking.

Anyway, I changed the value in the app, the change is persistent in the app but indeed it is not updated in HA.

@RienduPre - Some good news for you!

A new version of the app has appeared in the last couple of days and Bluetooth connectivity has been restored. I’m using Android and it works fine :slight_smile:

I only have iphones :flushed: