Wallbox pulsar plus integration?

I’m not sure what the ‘that’ in you message refers to. What are you trying to do that throws the error?

ignore. i need to rtfm.

Hi, I copied @VdR automation; to protect the fuses (3x25A) = prox 17KW of my household, so when there are a lott of other users add an extra 6KW the wallbox drops to 6A

My Wallbox is on a 3x 16A fuse. 11KW

What do you guys think, is this the way to go?

alias: WALLBOX - Protect the 25A Fuse
description: >-
  Controls the Wallbox charger max current setting up and down (between 6 and 16
  A), to protect the 25A fuse - Above 16KW household power charger down to 6KW
trigger:
  - platform: time_pattern
    seconds: /12
condition:
  - condition: state
    entity_id: sensor.wallbox_portal_status_description
    state: Charging
action:
  - choose:
      - conditions:
          - condition: numeric_state
            entity_id: sensor.electricity_meter_power_consumption
            below: "6000"
        sequence:
          - service: number.set_value
            data:
              value: >-
                {{ [((states('sensor.wallbox_portal_max_charging_current') |
                float(0) + 1.0) | round(0)), 16] | min }}
            target:
              entity_id: number.wallbox_portal_max_charging_current
      - conditions:
          - condition: numeric_state
            entity_id: sensor.electricity_meter_power_consumption
            above: "14000"
        sequence:
            data:
                {{ [((states('sensor.wallbox_portal_max_charging_current') |
                float(0) - 1.0) | round(0)), 6] | max }}
            target:
mode: single

Thanks
Jan

The logic will work, but the hysteresis (6 - 14 kW) is too much. The charger alone will reach 6 kW at about 8.5 A (3 phase), so it will never go up to full power (16A).

You need a hysteresis of maybe two or three steps for stability. That’s about 1A x 230v x 3 = 690 W per step. I would test with 2000 W hysteresis. Set the minimum to 13 kW and the maximum 15 kW. Then you have 2 kW for the house before the charger starts cutting back and 2 kW margin on the top to allow the charger to time to cut back. Note that the logic only cuts back with 690 Watt every 12 seconds! It would take a while to compensate for a large household load that switches on. A 4kW load would take 6 iterations, so more than a minute. That may be too slow to protect the fuses. You may have to cut back faster.

Ok cool, wondering; is the 12 sec a maximum to call the API?

If you have the modbus energy meter installed the wallbox will do this load balancing automatically to protect your main fuse - Any HA based solution will always cause a delay, simply because you operate the wallbox through their cloud api.

I know, but this is more fun. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just updated to 2022.12 which includes the updated wallbox integration - already an improvement as previously I had disconnects every 15 minutes - now stable for 35 minutes. Many thanks!

1 Like

Looks like that the state ‘Wallbox Portal Locked/Unlocked’ always comes back as Unlocked after is was Unavailable. I am on HA 2012.12.4 en Wallbox 5.13.14.

The app and website reports Unlocked.

Did you turn on “private mode” and set “auto lock time” to 1 min in the Wallbox app?

Unless this breaks in v14 (I’m still on v11) that works for me.

Have Private Charge ON and Autolock on 60 min

2 options:

• reduce time to 1 - 5 minutes

• write ha automation, trigger: entity state from locked to unavailable, action: lock wallbox

I also just got the Wallbox. My house has 3 phase power supply, with max 25A fuses. My car can charge maximum 16A anyway, so little risk of drawing too much power, so didn’t buy the power booster yet.
Instead I chose for a HA automation and thought to share it here, in case it helps anyone.

• Created a helper that provides the max current on all three phases. (sensor.max_current)
  • When the current changes it will check if car is charging.
  • It will calculate the possible amperes for the car to charge and stay below the 25A. I use the actual charging power instead of max charging current (reasoning, it might be charging already at lower rate than max). Wallbox does not report actual charging current, correct?
  • If there is 6A or less left, it will pause and send me a message. Lets see how often this happens and if I need to extend the script for auto-resume :slight_smile:
alias: Manage Wallbox
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - sensor.max_current
    enabled: true
condition:
  - condition: state
    entity_id: sensor.wallbox_portal_status_description
    state: Charging
action:
  - if:
      - condition: template
        value_template: >-
          {{25 - (states('sensor.max_current') | float -
          (states('sensor.wallbox_portal_charging_power') | float / (3*0.23))) |
          int < 6 }}
    then:
      - type: turn_off
        device_id: xxx
        entity_id: switch.wallbox_portal_pause_resume
        domain: switch
      - device_id: xxx
        domain: mobile_app
        type: notify
        message: Charging car was paused due to too high consumption
    else:
        data:
            {{[25 - (states('sensor.max_current') | float -
            (states('sensor.wallbox_portal_charging_power') | float / (3*0.23)))
            | int , 16 ] | min }}
        target:
        alias: >-
          Set current
mode: single
1 Like

Is there a way to get energy report from for example “this year” and not just from the latest session?

With the Wallbox app, yes. But that’s maybe not what you are looking for

With HA as well. You would need to put a ‘utility meter’ on the Wallbox power sensor.

Thanks for the tip. May I ask one more? Installed utility meter but I’m struggling to understand how should I set it.

I’m interested of reporting energy… from starting now and adding tomorrows energy to todays energy and report that out. Finally after one year I can reset counter and start again.

This is what I did so far:

Where should I go from here?

I have no time to show in full now.

But, you must use the integration function to make energy from the power sensor first and then use the utility meter on energy.

Alternatively you can take the added energy sensor from the Wallbox integration and put a utility meter on that.

1 Like

Or add the wallbox sensor to the HA energy dashboard

1 Like

I think what I did was correct but I’m not sure does it increase energy. There is nothing to report yet but I’m charging tomorrow.

Actually “wallbox portal added energy” sensor reports sessions so I really do not know would it work if meter reset cycle is hourly.

No. You need to change the reset cycle to ‘yearly’. That is what you intend, right?