Wallbox pulsar plus integration?

And just want to be sure I understand correctly. There is also no option to restore the wallbox to v4.x, root it and after that upgrade to 6.x?

One user has reported that v4 failed to root and I have no way to test

I have the exact problem. Wallbox from 2019, Zentri chipset, had it on V6.x, rooting failed. Restored it to v4.7.6 (in my case) and it only runs till ā€œWallbox is processing pwnwareā€ and then returns a ā€œfailā€.
So the actual rooting did not work. Even manually pushing v5.x from 4.7.6 failed :frowning: I have currently no idea how to proceed :frowning:

thatā€™s bad news!
did you try rooting from different devices with different OS?
I had issues too when first time rooting, eventually managed to get my wallbox rooted through a windows 11 laptop.

Hey, currently only tested via Win 10 Enterprise (22H2). i will try to get a macbook tomorrow (maybe this afternoon) and try it again. But honestly, i dont expect any difference, because the wallbox is actually returning the ā€œfailā€ statement, not the device you are trying to root from

Ok hope it will work for you.
it could be an issue with wifi and/or bluetooth or python, etcā€¦
for me it only worked with a certain laptop, other laptop(s) with linux did not work.
good luck!

1 Like

if it does not work, maybe @jagheterfredrik can help you out. you could be a big help to unravel the issues with rooting v4.x

yeah we allready have had contact on friday last week.

1 Like

It seems Wallbox pumped the breaks on v6, the latest is now 5.17.87. If you want to get there you should be able to restore then update. Only the German site shows it (thanks @ReTaec): https://support.wallbox.com/de/wallbox-versionshinweise/ But I believe this is globally.

3 Likes

According to the English webpage, v6.1.19 is still the latest version for Pulsar Plusā€¦

https://support.wallbox.com/en/rnc/pulsar-plus/

This page on Facebook is quite a useful source of information regarding problems with different firmware versionsā€¦

Redirecting...

1 Like

My non-german box gets 5.17.87 from the internal api

1 Like

Same here (Belgium).

1 Like

The new firmware for the Pulsar was available, then pulled and now again available (Pulsar plus; Netherlands). Anyone who tried it already?

If itā€™s v6.1.19, Iā€™ve been running it since mid-January without any problems.

1 Like

Iā€™m experiencing same issue with latest 6.1.19 Pulsar Plus.
The car is reporting of charge with full 11kW and it matches to house energy meter perfectly.
However, the app is reporting only 7.3kW so definitely thinking of one phase missingā€¦ my guess would be a bug in the Wallbox firmware?

Not a big issue, but Iā€™m afraid this could have an impact to the Wallbox load balancing with powerboost. e.g. Wallbox might think itā€™s not using anything from the one phase. If other appliances then loads that specific phase even more it might not detect it and burn the fuse. Hopefully Iā€™m wrong and letā€™s hope for a firmware upgrade soon that fixes this issue.

edit: doing hard reset on the Wallbox (power off-on on all phases) seemed to solve the issue for now at least, but I still thereā€™s definitely something wrong with the Wallbox firmware even without rooting.

Iā€™m using the original @hesselonline Wallbox integration to control the charging process. I have scheduled charge, state of charge limit, excess solar absorption, mains overvoltage protection and mains undervoltage protection all working in concert without issue. So for now do I not see a reason to go the way of rooting my Wallbox.

I did just noticed that the Wallbox API throws an error in the log when you switch on the ā€˜pause/resumeā€™ when already on, or when you switch off when already paused. That was with every 12 seconds loop when charging for me. Did not have any effect on the functionality. I added a test in the automation, and it is resolved. Just FYI for others running automations on the Wallbox API.

PS
I take it it is too late separate this thread for the messages about two very different Wallbox integration approaches here?

I like your interface a lot, but more so Im interested in your automation arranging over/under voltage protection. Imagine the reasoning is to prevent your inverter from switching off in case of too much solar?

The overvoltage protection is to prevent the solar inverter from shutting down indeed. It works well, went from a dozen or so shutdown events on a sunny day to zero.

The situation in the neighborhood has become pretty dramatic over the last year or so, with many new solar installations and many new EVs. The mains voltage varies between 186 and 252 V.

The EVSE charger logic has become quite elaborate, I will make a write-up, probably best in a separate thread.

1 Like

I have started a thread to describe the whole EVSE automation:

2 Likes

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1869415/Electric-car-warning-as-hackers-could-attack-National-Grid - how long before they realise the Pulsar Plus isnā€™t secure?

1 Like