Wallbox pulsar plus integration?

@DibbleDabble - If you want to fix the power reporting, you could wait until v6.4.14 is released for the UK. Wallbox have said the following about that version…

We have fixed an issue that caused some three-phase chargers to not calculate power properly.

However, you’ll then be stuck with delayed charging, so that isn’t ideal either. How long is the delay, and is it really that signficant? Personally, I’d be keen to have accurate power reporting and not worry about the delayed start. Thankfully, v6.1.19 is not affected by either of those issues in New Zealand, so I’ll be sticking with v6.1.19 indefinitely.

My car doesn’t have an app or any way to limit the charge to 80% to maintain battery health. My current automation runs on charge time to limit to 80% as that was easier to implement, but I can probably switch that over to measuring added energy, so no biggie.

I’d rather not have the delay, but you’re right that more accurate data is more valuable. Have you managed to backup your v6.1.19 in case you ever need to factory reset?

I’m not aware of any way to backup the current Wallbox firmware. Having owned my Pulsar Plus for over 4 years now, I’ve never needed to Factory Reset, so with any luck that will continue.

My Nissan Leaf doesn’t have any app that works in NZ, or any way to limit the charge to 80% either. So I’ve developed a dashboard with a function that stops charging at a specified number of kWh. Then it sends a Push Notification to my phone.

It’s a very simple calculation to work out the number of kWh to stop near 80%, so that’s what I do. Personally, I’m not sure how much of a difference this makes to battery health. Some say it does and most say it doesn’t, but I’ve chosen to stop around 80% unless we’re driving the next day. It can’t hurt to be a little cautious with these things and take extra precautions in the hope of maximising battery life.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed that mine keeps going without a factory reset for a long time too!

Regarding battery health, it makes a big difference. I can cite various literature if you’d like. However, in summary, your battery will live for around twice as many charge cycles to 80% compared to 100% and around four times as many cycles to 60% compared to 100%.

The confusion sets in because there are different battery chemistries. NMC stores more, but handles fewer charging cycles, so the 80% thing will massively increase the lifespan of the battery. This is not to say you shouldn’t use it to 100% when you need it.

LFP still benefits from charging to lower values like 80%, but it is much more difficult to measure the remaining battery percentage day-to-day unless you charge to full. As LFP can inherently handle more cycles, charging to 100% can be beneficial so that you gain more accurate insight into the remaining battery capacity.

1 Like

Network is more stable but very weird behavior still occurs.

My Cloud access is performing better but the local mqtt setup still disconnects continuously. A network reset solves this - which is odd as the cloud access still responds. @jagheterfredrik is there a way to debug the mqtt client?

Separate question, did anyone try 6.4.14?

1 Like

I just submitted a PR to do exactly that! :slight_smile:

PSA for bridge users: I have fixed a memory leak that might lead to instability when running for a long time, upgrade to the latest version.

5 Likes

I am trying to install the wallbox integration to manage my Wallbox EV charger. When I do the install I get a box asking for my:

Wallbox Serial number
Username
Password

I fill them in and then immediately the dialog box says could not connect. If I run wireshark to do an IP trace, I cannot see any requests going out to the Internet. Is there some sort of checking done on the serial number? Mine is just 6 digits so not sure why this fails. I see others have it working so I wondered what I am doing wrong?

Fixed it, it was a password issue.

Thanks! What is the best way to upgrade? Should we just run the installer again with

curl -sSfL https[…]install.sh > install.sh && bash install.sh

Yes :+1: added to the github readme now

1 Like

Hello guys.

Did some of you upgraded to 6.1.19, and confirme that they kept the root and the bridge ?

Regards

@anonymous63 - Yes, I’ve upgraded to v6.1.19 and the Root and MQTT bridge have continued to work fine.

thanks for your feedback, i was the one who tried the last version but this time i was waiting for feeback

regards

1 Like

Just updated to 6.4.14

Everything seems fine at first sight

1 Like

I’m looking to root my Wallbox Pulsar plus. Unfortunately I went and updated it already to 6.1.4. To my understanding I need to revert back to older FW version so does anyone know what version I should expect from unit that has been installed summer 2022 and if that version would be directly rootable?

@Hegsa - It should be v5.x.x which would be OK to install the root.

If it turns out to be v4.x.x, that would be a problem.

Looking forward to any updates! Good luck!

Did you root your wallboz?

It was already rooted.

1 Like