Wallbox pulsar plus integration?

as GrantK mentioned, there is a way to do a hard reset on the mainboard.
in the following youtube video, you can see how to do the reset.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOJwIMOkecI

1. Hold both buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds.
  2. release the right button and hold the left for a further 5-10 seconds (until you get a steady / solid green light).
  3. wait for 5 minutes and it goes through (what looks like) an initialization process .

but it looks like you’re not the only one with this issue, unfortunately a hard reset doesn’t seem to resolve it.

1 Like

You can try updating it using your computer.

Set your wifi creds on line 110.

1 Like

Thanks for taking a look! I’ll look into it this weekend.

My Wallbox Copper SB now claims version: 6.4.32
Currently I did not find the changelogs.

I updated today MQTT still works

Haha tnx. I just came back from work and the device updated itself.

I was a bit confused as I turned off the auto update in the APP.
When I opened the app the auto update was enabled again.

I hope someone can help me.
I rooted my wallbox and everything went fine.
Today, i update the wallbox to 6.4.19 and it went ok.
But now the wallbox integration at MQTT is grayed out saying unavailable…
But when i listen to a topic # at the MQTT integration, i see all the data… what now?

Reboot the Wallbox

1 Like

Hi,
I’m trying to root my Pulsar Plus wallbox with software version 6.4.14 but, when running the script, it always stops at “Pwnware was received by Wallbox” and then nothing happens.

Is my wallbox compatible?
How i can solve the problem?

Hi Andrea,

Sadly, you won’t be able to Root your Wallbox unless you can restore to v5.x.x. None of the v6.x.x versions are compatible. Further info here…

Oh, that’s not good for me.

Have anyone tried to control the pulsar plus via the OCPP integration in home assistant?

I tried even that but sometimes i get some strange issue and the wallbox power is set to maximum even if the power slider in home assistant is not

I did, but it wasn’t always stable and wallbox disables some of the features when connected, so I abandoned it.

@andreaconfa - I tried the OCPP integration for Wallbox as well. There are some problems with functions not working properly, as you found. However, the worst problem is unreliable communication. The Wallbox would disconnect for a few seconds at very frequent intervals, so it made my automation script not work properly.

Here’s another integration you could try: Wallbox - Home Assistant

If you can’t manage to root your Wallbox, it’s worth considering this one instead. It uses API functions, and I used it for a long time with good success.

1 Like

Is there a way to activate and de-activate the ‘Solar Charging’ on the wallbox from HA?

Solar charging on the wallbox -3phase version here- has the advantage that wallbox falls back to single phase charging which optimizes highly the use of solar energy.

Walter

Which model do you have? I also charge 3ph (Pulsar plus) but after using it for over 2 years now clue how to force 1ph charging (unless a 1ph car connects) - first i have heard this, would be awesome though!

What you want, turn on/off solar mode from ha, is to my knowledge not possible. This is why most of the early adapters on this thread have built a version ourselves; the work of @GrantK has been instrumental, if you search back in this thread ca. 2yrs you will find the recommendations. Thats all cloud based though, some of us in the mean time rooted the wall box and now use it locally over mqtt. Perhaps @jagheterfredrik knows of a way to turn on/off these more advanced settings; we can now control the halo as well after all!

1 Like

I thought falling back to 1 phase when charging wasn’t possible with the Wallbox?
Where did you find this information?

Lowest I can set my Pulsar is 6A, and I believe that is still 3 phase 2A each.

I think it’s 6A per phase minimum.

O, yeah, you’re right.

I have a Pulsar Pro.

Since update to firmware version 6.6.6 (from last week or so…) 1 pahse charging on solar works ok. In the Solar charging menu in the app you can activate 1 fase charging.

And it works really well; on the 3 phase installation i have 2 phases with 3kw solar.
It now charges only as +/- 800W solar avalaible, mostly dumping all solar excess energy in car (on average it leaves 200W going to the net).
This a uge improvement over the 4kw minimal charge.
Note I had to switch the phases on the wallbox as it was charging via the phase without solar. With 6kw total solar power, 6kw from one phase is not optimal. Better to keep the loads distributed (i have only max 20A on phase to the net).

Note it works with OCPP active even though the app says it doesn’t work together with OCPP…

1 Like