WallPanel for Android [Formerly HomeDash]

nickrout thanks again for the reply. I guess what got me confused is that in Wallpanel address of the Hadashboard can’t be the simple IP address such as 192.168.1.10 but must have the http:// and the port 1883. I therefore assumed it had to be in the same form for the MQTT address (without the port). Your second answer clarified it for me and now it is working.

Pleased you got it working :slight_smile:

Don’t know how to help with this issue. All was working then I set camera enabled, motion detection enabled, motion wakes screen and then as soon as I set motion increased brightness it crashed. I tried to restart it but it crashed again. Went to settings apps and forced stop. Cleared Cache. Tried to restart but crashed again and this time went into a crash loop. Had to uninstall and re-install Wallpanel. Using 0.7b1 with android 6.0.1 on an RCA voyager tablet.

Any additional information I can gather let me know

Anyone experience an issue with WallPanel not updating when an event occurs? After WallPanel has been a sleep and movement wakes it the current status is not correct. The temperature from dark-sky is wrong as well as the status of various sensors.

Have I set a param wrong?

Thanks

@quadportnick is WallPanel still being worked on? I’ve used the pre-release (0.7b1) but find it unstable for general use. Will roll back to 0.6 for now but interested in future development.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I just can’t seem to break away and get into this. Taking forever to do so little isn’t fair, so I’m hoping to find someone(s) to pick this up.

2 Likes

Question, any progress on getting this to work on Android 4.x? Just getting the blank screen with blue bar on top when loading. Have a Lenovo 7" tab I want to reuse for this, but doesn’t seem promising from this thread… Tried both ip and duckdns address, both https as I have let’s encrypt installed.

FYI, if anybody is having the same issues: My Lenovo was apparently running at 5.0.1 Android. I force updated Android WebViewer and ran the latest version of the WallPanel, and it now works flawlessly :slight_smile:

I have ZenPad, which has installed Android version 7.

Web GUI is working fine, so App is OK.

But I have problems with MQTT.

I’m using Sonoff (Tasmota) sensors, which are working all fine, but I can not manage to work sensors from WallPanel via mqtt protocol.

So, my configuration for mqtt protocol is:
mqtt:
broker: 192.168.3.32
port: 1883
username: mqtt
password: XXXX

Configuration for working sensors is like…

• platform: mqtt
    name: “Hodnik-V”
    state_topic: “tele/Sonoff-TH16-Hodnik/SENSOR”
    value_template: ‘{{ value_json[“AM2301”][“Humidity”] }}’
    unit_of_measurement: “%”

Non-working configuration for wallpanel…

• platform: mqtt
    name: “Shramba-L”
    state_topic: “wallpanel/mywallpanel/sensor/light”
    value_template: ‘’
    unit_of_measurement: “Lux”

I have double check everything, so the IP for mqtt protocol and username/password is set correct.

Do you have any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Settings (picture):

Anybody? :disappointed_relieved:

I found the correct the new page with new settings…
https://github.com/thanksmister/wallpanel-android

Now all is working…

Hey, just tried wallpanel and it’s awesome!

I have one issue concerning the custom “monster-card” on Lovelace. Does anybody else is using it ?
!

I am using it on a Pixel XL first gen.

See the screenshot.

Screenshot_20180919-093251|281x500

Your image is broken, but I think you should try webview as your wallpanel browser engine.

Moved from a kiosk browser that was working fine, but wanted the extra options wallpanel has to offer.
However, ive noticed it drains my battery in no time and my 3amp charger cant keep up.

Is there any options i should be changing? i’ve disabled the camera options but still the same.
Any thoughts / tips appreciated…

thanks

Do anybody knows how to enable JavaScript loading? Changing browser core did not help me…

Need this under lovelace skin where I have java components…

quadportnick: Thanks so much for this. This is an awesome app!!
Wish i new how to REFRESH the content. At the moment I’m still designing the dashboard, so i need to refresh all the time to see if changes are ok.

JavaScript and Java are 2 very different things…

@quadportnick where do the crash reports end up? (and is someone monitoring those?) On my tablet the first time WallPanel starts, it first crashes (and every time I send a crash report) - afterwards it loads up my dashboard just fine…

I already resolve things…

I am currently trying WallPanel for my HABPanel dashboard of OpenHAB. During the first start it gave me the possibility to edit the settings. However, I currently cannot find how to open the settings later when WallPanel displays a web page. Any help is appreciated.